Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New feature request to DJI
1477 19 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I have a suggestion for DJI for a future software release.

Every time I have gotten into trouble flying my drone it was because I was distracted trying to read something on the screen or I did not have necessary information because the screen was too hard to read in the sunlight.  Most recently was a collision with a tree because I thought I was at a higer altitude than I was.

I think a great new feature for DJI Go would be an OPTION to have vital flight info spoken out loud.  Maybe altitude, distance and speed read out at intervals of 30 seconds or so, and altitude callouts as you assend or descend every 10 feet.  That way, someone could use earbuds and have tons of information about the flight without having to constantly look down at the screen.   
And, I say OPTION because obviosly not everyone will want to hear this, but I sure would and I bet others would as well.

What do you think DJI?

2017-10-1
Use props
fansbd30b82d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

i totally agree, meanwhile use Litchi app its a 3rd party app, works well and it reads you out loud distance, battery remaining, altitude, speed
2017-10-1
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

It can't hurt and can be an option. Not sure I would use it but I can definately see the benefit of it.
2017-10-1
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
United States

fansbd30b82d Posted at 2017-10-1 19:01
i totally agree, meanwhile use Litchi app its a 3rd party app, works well and it reads you out loud distance, battery remaining, altitude, speed

I have been looking for an excuse to try Litchi... thanks.
2017-10-1
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansbd30b82d Posted at 2017-10-1 19:01

Which version of Litchi are you using the paid one for $25 that has 3.8 stars of 5 in the Play Store or are you on IPhone?
2017-10-1
Use props
fansbd30b82d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

JCStorbeck Posted at 2017-10-1 19:33
Which version of Litchi are you using the paid one for $25 that has 3.8 stars of 5 in the Play Store or are you on IPhone?

im using Android version, i bought it a while back for 19$ , i used it with my phantom 3 to do waypoints mission and never had a problem mmm seems they increased the price maybe because of the added features and support to mavic,spark,inspire 1, 2 they have grown up a lot
2017-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

LouisP Posted at 2017-10-1 19:21
I have been looking for an excuse to try Litchi... thanks.

It’s excellent for voice information worth a try.
2017-10-2
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Litchi the majority of the time. DJI Go 4 doesn't give an audible alarm for low battery so if you're not careful, you'll run out of battery and bad things will happen.
2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Seems like a great option indeed!
2017-10-2
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

i love that idea.  Specially with things like battery levels at each 10% intervals, RTH action (RTH initialted and acending to 90m), Satelite count when reaching 10 or lower ...
2017-10-2
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-10-2 09:49
I use Litchi the majority of the time. DJI Go 4 doesn't give an audible alarm for low battery so if you're not careful, you'll run out of battery and bad things will happen.

I get low battery warning audibly in Go 4.
My problem is different - I don't get alt/velocity/distance on my SCREEN... I'm completely blind to my flight data during flight. Let me have them visually first, then I can think about luxuries like having them read out loud to me...
2017-10-2
Use props
Tyredecals.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I want the record timer to be BIGGER and/or FLASHING.
Money shot happens and you forget to hit the record =(
2017-10-2
Use props
Mark S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41801 ft
United States

I agree.  Between bright sunlight on the screen and watching the aircraft (as you should) I know I have missed messages.

If you did not want the the app to talk all of the time maybe one of the buttons could be programmed to give an audio status statement.  Maybe repeated pushes could say different items in sequence.  The button would allow you get messages "on demand" rather than wait for the next scheduled update (10 seconds, etc.).
2017-10-2
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
United States

Tyredecals.com Posted at 2017-10-2 15:53
I want the record timer to be BIGGER and/or FLASHING.
Money shot happens and you forget to hit the record =(

Agree..   I have yet to learn the difference between the beeps it makes for start record and stop record.. . I have recorded a lot of the things that I did not want :-)  

One trick is to push the still picture button twice.. if you hear the shutter sound, it took a picture and is NOT recording video.. then two clicks of the start record button should start it recording..
Just a way to know what the camera is doing without looking down.
2017-10-2
Use props
BVUAV
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I think that the easier and most important thing that DJI should be addressing in its new firmware for the Spark is .dng support in still photography mode. Capturing raw still pictures it's way better than jpg. I really hope to see this implemented very soon. Secondly and lastly I'd like to see the current DJI Goggles working wirelessly with the DJI Spark the same way as they work with the Mavic Pro.
2017-10-2
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-10-2 12:00
I get low battery warning audibly in Go 4.
My problem is different - I don't get alt/velocity/distance on my SCREEN... I'm completely blind to my flight data during flight. Let me have them visually first, then I can think about luxuries like having them read out loud to me...

Weird, I've never gotten the audible warning at the 30% mark (I do get it with my Mavic), just at 10% when it wants to land itself. It has been that way since day one, so several FW updates and Go 4 updates and even with 2 different iPad Mini 4s.
2017-10-2
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-10-2 18:24
Weird, I've never gotten the audible warning at the 30% mark (I do get it with my Mavic), just at 10% when it wants to land itself. It has been that way since day one, so several FW updates and Go 4 updates and even with 2 different iPad Mini 4s.

What device do you use? If it's Android, there may be some small incompatibilities between devices. Like me not getting flight data on the screen (LG G3), while everyone else seems to have it.
2017-10-2
Use props
ASEPK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35515 ft
Indonesia

Radar... like obstacle avoidance for strong interference
2017-10-3
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-10-2 20:05
What device do you use? If it's Android, there may be some small incompatibilities between devices. Like me not getting flight data on the screen (LG G3), while everyone else seems to have it.

I contemplated how to answer this for several minutes. Should I be snarky and ask if you had actually read the comment you replied to where I stated '2 different iPad Mini 4s' or just answer '2 different iPad Mini 4s'. Decisions, decisions........
I have 2 iPad Mini 4s.
2017-10-3
Use props
Verkolp
lvl.1

Germany

I think you need to pick up good headphones and the problem will be solved. I can advise you on the good JBL earbuds wireless headphones that I recently bought and used in my work. when I selected the compare table and chose the best, which have eight hours of battery life, work via Bluetooth, have three microphone buttons, never fall out of my ear, also have clean bass. In general, I am satisfied with the purchase and you can choose a good option for yourself.
2020-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules