Metadata interpretation
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kupferb
lvl.1

Israel

Hello

Was wondering if anyone know what is the meaning of the following metadata entries in the MP4 format for movies recorded with P4

@fpt
@fyw
@frl
@gpt
@gyw
@grl

Am sure that pt, yw and rl stands for pitch, yaw and roll but what are the prefixes "f" and "g" stand for?

Appreciate any help
2017-10-1
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Hey, thanks for posting this.  I had no idea there was metadata in there.  I'll have to dig into it tomorrow during the daylight hours and run some tests, but I would _guess_ that:

g = gimbal
f = "f^&@ if I know" (some word that means the aircraft itself; 'flight' or something)

Should be easy to determine by tilting the gimbal down and seeing which one changes.  The others I can use Goggles head tracking to move the gimbal around.  What kind of values did you see?  Floats or integers?  Is there anything else useful in those files?
2017-10-1
Use props
kupferb
lvl.1

Israel

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-1 22:21
Hey, thanks for posting this.  I had no idea there was metadata in there.  I'll have to dig into it tomorrow during the daylight hours and run some tests, but I would _guess_ that:

g = gimbal

Appreciate your prompt response.
The values there are floats.
You can see them easily if you have MPC player:  right click on the movie -> properties ->MediaInfo tab
The body angles  are most useful for me and also the @xyz entry which gives the position of the aircraft.
Also there are three values @{x,y,z}sp which I don't understand but are less important to me
2017-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules