2329 13 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Hi everyone,
I used Davinci Resolve 14(free version) containing some DJI Phantom 3 and 4 LUT's for color grading.
Since color grade is a time-consuming job I wonder if someone can share his LUT's for the MP.

2017-10-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i would if i had any good ones.. but i would share any i had or made.. only one i have used is the dji inspire 2 X5S and then desaturated it..

color grading is not hardware accelerated either, so you really need a beast of a machine to do it, i have a xeon E5 based machine i just bought, it does ok job color grading better than my i7-7700K rig, but it really pushes even that cpu a lot..
2017-10-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

I know, i just bought a new videocard for it (msi geforce gtx 1060 gaming x 6g). I forgot to mention the inspire 2 X5S Lut in Resolve, thanks for back-up.
Looking for the Aurora polarpro LUT'S, have anyone try this out|? (https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... s-mavic-pro-edition)
2017-10-2
Use props
szh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 252139 ft
France

I wasn't able to find any reasonable free LUTs for the Mavic.  There are some free ones, but they are not very usable as a neutral starting point for editing, as they are all to heavy-handed. Another problem is that each assumes a specific colour setting (e.g. +1 -2 -2 instead of +1 0 0, etc.), which may not be how my videos were recorded (so far I used +1 0 0 for everything).

What I have been trying to do so far is this:

I take a few photos that are representative of the scenes and lighting I am planning to film , and have them recorded both as a DNG and a JPEG.  When opening the DNG with Photoshop, it gives me a very reasonable looking image.  I open the JPEG version of the same (to which the Mavic applies the same colour profile that I have set for videos, typically d-log), and try to match the look of the DNG version using adjustment layers.  I also tweak the settings to taste.  I find it easier to work to this with Photoshop's adjustment layers than the tools in DaVinci Resolve.

When I'm happy with the result, I export the layers as a LUT, and use it as a starting point for further editing/colouring in Resolve.

I am quite new to video editing/colouring, so I do not know if this is a common workflow. So far I was able to achieve the best results like this.

I view the flat colour profile as a "poor man's RAW file". It preserves more dynamic range and provides more flexibility than a contrasty colour profile, just like a RAW photo.  But RAW converters like Lightroom can give me a nice neutral starting point for adjustments rather than an ugly flat image.  I want the same for video: a neutral and generally usable starting point without clipping highlights and shadows, that I can use as a starting point.
2017-10-2
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
United States

Jos A Posted at 2017-10-2 03:42
I know, i just bought a new videocard for it (msi geforce gtx 1060 gaming x 6g). I forgot to mention the inspire 2 X5S Lut in Resolve, thanks for back-up.
Looking for the Aurora polarpro LUT'S, have anyone try this out|? (https://www.polarprofilters.com/products/aurora-cinematic-color-presets-mavic-pro-edition)

I purchased the Aurora LUT pack for both the Mavic and P4P. Both are great when shooting in D-Log. I use FCPX so I'm not sure how the results would be with a different editor.
2017-10-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Ok thanks, I also figured out how to save a selfmade LUT in Davinci. (on the clip with your mouse( after you make all of your adjustments)-rightmouse and save as 3D LUT)
2017-10-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

So what are the style settings?
Several youtube movies says diffrent things, +1 0 0 or +1 -2 -2 or +1 -1 -1
What you think?
2017-10-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

szh Posted at 2017-10-2 05:22
I wasn't able to find any reasonable free LUTs for the Mavic.  There are some free ones, but they are not very usable as a neutral starting point for editing, as they are all to heavy-handed. Another problem is that each assumes a specific colour setting (e.g. +1 -2 -2 instead of +1 0 0, etc.), which may not be how my videos were recorded (so far I used +1 0 0 for everything).

What I have been trying to do so far is this:

I think you have found a very good way here. Cause with your photos as a start and grabbing it from PS or LR gives a very good starting point as you say. Tried it with Premiere Pro and it works like a charm
Cinelike +1 0 0 are my settings so it don't require much work
2017-10-6
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Jos A Posted at 2017-10-4 21:40
So what are the style settings?
Several youtube movies says diffrent things, +1 0 0 or +1 -2 -2 or +1 -1 -1
What you think?

I have experimented a lot and so far I would say +1 0 0 is the best,

Unfortunate +1 is required as long as we don't get a separate noise reduction feature in DJI GO app.
However there are almost as many flavors as there is youtubers
2017-10-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Thanks , if I do +1 0 0 and than looking on my screen with histogram on , the pyramid it not so good it should be.
I prefer than 1+ -1 -1 the pyramid is in the middle and the black is not to far to the right.
2017-10-8
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

I hope that someone bought the:
https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... s-mavic-pro-editionand like to share (maybe split the cost)

2017-10-10
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Jos A Posted at 2017-10-10 03:53
I hope that someone bought the:
https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/featured-collection/products/aurora-cinematic-color-presets-mavic-pro-editionand like to share (maybe split the cost)

I don't think the license agreement will allow that.
2017-10-10
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

anyone have a LUT for powerdirector 15?
2017-10-10
Use props
Jos A
First Officer