Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Corrupt Video Files Since Firmware V 01.04.0000
1082 12 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1321214 ft
Australia

Since upgrading the firmware to the latest V 01.04.0000 I am now getting corrupt video files. I have tried different memory cards, reboots, checked software but still it looks like the newest firmware is creating corrupt files. Before this firmware I did not have an issue.

Only way to recover the video files is to use a recovery tool.

DJI, please investigate.

If you are having the same issue please leave a comment.
2017-10-2
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

mov or mp4?
I have no problems with mov.
2017-10-2
Use props
PilotC
lvl.4
Australia

mp4. I haven't tried mov.
2017-10-2
Use props
Rushmed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108081 ft
Germany

Had once one corrupt .mp4 in the past over about one hundred recordings. The file had no extension and also wasnt playable after adding the extension. I am not concerned because it only occurs on one percent at all.
2017-10-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You can end up with corrupt videos on any firmware if you turn off the Mavic before ending recording. I've gotten into the habit of checking the counter to see if it's moving before powering down.

I had corruption problems a while back -- not with video, but with DNG -- that were solved by downgrading and then reinstalling the latest firmware, which apparently had gone a little wonky, you might give that a try.
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I haven't noticed this case until you came. Please try to refresh the firmware, format the SD card and test again, please kindly use the SD card that came from the drone. And make sure that you had stopped the recording before you shut down the drone. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-10-3
Use props
fansc0fb4145
lvl.3
Flight distance : 521627 ft
United States

I had problems with corrupt video files once on the phantom 3 pro. It turns out DJI has a program to fix the corrupt files. maybe that could help you in the short term.
2017-10-3
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I use MP4 and have had no issues since the latest firmware upgrade.  I have had corruption issues in the past though but each time was due to me shutting off the Mavic while still recording.
2017-10-3
Use props
PilotC
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-3 02:50
I haven't noticed this case until you came. Please try to refresh the firmware, format the SD card and test again, please kindly use the SD card that came from the drone. And make sure that you had stopped the recording before you shut down the drone. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.

Will try as suggested. Does DJI have a tool to fix the corrupt files?
2017-10-4
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

also when shutting MP without the recording stopped. (corrupt video) start up mp and take a new recording, sometimes the corrupt file then will be  repaired.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

PilotC Posted at 2017-10-4 01:35
Will try as suggested. Does DJI have a tool to fix the corrupt files?

Sorry, we don't have the related program for fixing the corrupt files, but I think there are some programs can help, you can search on the website, or on the forum. If it is the case shut down the drone before end up the recording, you can try the steps below:
1. Plug the SD card back to the drone;
2. Power on the drone;
3. The files will be recovered itself if there are not too many corrupted files. And please check on DJI GO 4 app to see if the files had recovered.
2017-10-9
Use props
PilotC
lvl.4
Australia

I have tried to replicate the issue using 3 different memory cards and used both mp4 and mov but the issue has not occurred. The one thing I did differently was I formatted the memory cards before each use.

I know when I had the issue the memory cards were approaching full, as I was keeping an eye on the usage. Since formatting the memory cards before each use I have not had the corruption issue again.

I cannot confirm it but maybe the issue happens with the memory cards are nearing full.
2017-10-9
Use props
Outamyhead
lvl.1

If we speak about recovery accidentally corrupted data then there are a lot of free tools: https://www.cleverfiles.com/howt ... ftware-windows.html I would recommend also to setup backups. Let me know if you have any questions.
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules