523412 523412 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mycypher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682215 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since first use with my P4P, I've been receiving constant "strong wireless interference" messages when using the Crystal Sky. And they weren't false alarms either. In places where I've never had an issue before, I was getting messages and having disconnects sometimes only at a horizontal distance of 500 ft. Some of these locations were in semi remote locations - no buildings within at least 1/2 mile in either direction. I've experimented with changing the channels, video transmission quality/speed, adjusting the antennae etc, but nothing seems to fix the issue.
How do I know it's the Crystal Sky? I went back to using my IPad Mini 4 1 week ago, and everything has worked flawlessly since. No drop outs, absolutely no "Strong Signal Interference" warnings.
A quick internet search will reveal that others are having the same issue. Though I'm not sure if it's few and far in between, or people or so pleased with other aspects of the device that they're just ignoring this. In any case, though I did intentionally buy it to use with the Osmo Pro, I'd like the option to use it with my drones. Right now I can't. I do have to mention that I haven't tried the Crystal Sky with my Inspire 1 or Mavic, so I can't say if the issue is model specific. I've also come across a few posts that seem to suggest that the CS remote adapter could be the culprit.
Software on CS is up to date. Can I return? I'd rather have the 7.85 when it's in stock anyway. Is there a fix? Does anyone know if it is in fact the RC Crystal Sky adapter that's causing the problem?

Here's a link to someone having the same issue:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/crystalsky-monitor-messing-with-rc-signal.20654/

Thanks for reading.

2017-10-2
Use props
SteWong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3119432 ft
Hong Kong

mine one have similar issue too...... most of the time the remote icon kept blinking, and sometimes the HD icon. Signal showing full reception tho. Switch to iOS event thing went fine
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Can you try to use the app and a mobile device instead of crystal sky to see if this issue is crystal sky related? I am under the assumption that this issue happened outside.
2017-10-2
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry - I meant "horizontal" distance.
2017-10-2
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I also have this strong
2017-10-2
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I also have this "Strong Wireless Interference" message . it works fine on  my other mobile devices
2017-10-2
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-2 08:22
Can you try to use the app and a mobile device instead of crystal sky to see if this issue is crystal sky related? I am under the assumption that this issue happened outside.

As mentioned, when switching to a mobile device, the issue disappears.
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

mycypher Posted at 2017-10-2 11:00
As mentioned, when switching to a mobile device, the issue disappears.

Thank you as well. You mentioned that you have not tried this on the Inspire 1 or the Mavic. Please try on both and let me know if you get the same issue on them as well.
2017-10-2
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-2 11:30
Thank you as well. You mentioned that you have not tried this on the Inspire 1 or the Mavic. Please try on both and let me know if you get the same issue on them as well.

Will do. Thank you for the reply.
2017-10-2
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I've tried it with my Mavic and getting the same message
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, have you tried to switch to 5.8Ghz when connecting with P4P? Does the reminder appear? If yes, please post the screenshot of APP and CS version, we'd like to look into it.
2017-10-3
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-3 23:31
Just to verify, have you tried to switch to 5.8Ghz when connecting with P4P? Does the reminder appear? If yes, please post the screenshot of APP and CS version, we'd like to look into it.

When I switch to 5.8Ghz, the RC won't connect. I will post a screen shot asap.

Thank you for replying
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mycypher Posted at 2017-10-5 15:27

Thank you for replying

Noted with thanks! Please also try to link RC. And I will wait for more news from you.
2017-10-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

mycypher Posted at 2017-10-5 15:27

Thank you for replying

Are you flying in "wireless mode" or in "radio control mode" ? May sound to simple to be true "but", just don't know why your getting a wireless signal error unless you have the drone set to wireless flight mode.
2017-10-12
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-11 02:11
Noted with thanks! Please also try to link RC. And I will wait for more news from you.

Hi Susan,

When I switch to 5.8Ghz, no "reminder" message appears. It seems like the the RC is trying to connect (focus box will pop up) but no connection is ever established. Also, linking to RC from within the app does not work. I've attached screen shots below. In the screen shot with the "Strong Wireless Interference" message, my surroundings are pretty much as you see within a 1/2 mile radius or more. Only the ocean is on the opposite side.

20171013_120805-2.jpg
20171013_120839-2.jpg
20171013_122550-2.jpg
20171013_122659-2.jpg
2017-10-13
Use props
DF Finland
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi

Im not sure if this is the case here, but at least Ive noticed that I had a very bad video signal quality with my Phantom 4 Pro Plus when I used it with 7.85" Crystalsky and strong wireless interference. I also had clients that said the same and actually "repaired" one Pha4P+ last week with same issue.

What I noticed is that you need to calibrate the Crystalsky now and then. This helped me to get rid of the bad video signal quality and constant "strong wireless interference" issue.
2017-10-13
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DF Finland Posted at 2017-10-13 15:09
Hi

Im not sure if this is the case here, but at least Ive noticed that I had a very bad video signal quality with my Phantom 4 Pro Plus when I used it with 7.85" Crystalsky and strong wireless interference. I also had clients that said the same and actually "repaired" one Pha4P+ last week with same issue.

Thanks for the input DF. I will try.
2017-10-13
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Since the last update i got a  lot of  "strong wireless interference" messages. !!  Time for a new update..
2017-10-14
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DF Finland Posted at 2017-10-13 15:09
Hi

calibrate the crystal sky..how do i do that?  When things  got messed up (at least once a week)  i do a factory reset..but  thats far from ideal. so please tell  me how i do a calibrate..
2017-10-14
Use props
DF-FIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft
  • >>>
Finland

RUDIMAN Posted at 2017-10-14 07:42
calibrate the crystal sky..how do i do that?  When things  got messed up (at least once a week)  i do a factory reset..but  thats far from ideal. so please tell  me how i do a calibrate..

Hi

Go into Crystalsky main menu, choose settings and find calibrate, it will then lead you through the calibration process!
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mycypher Posted at 2017-10-13 14:39
Hi Susan,

When I switch to 5.8Ghz, no "reminder" message appears. It seems like the the RC is trying to connect (focus box will pop up) but no connection is ever established. Also, linking to RC from within the app does not work. I've attached screen shots below. In the screen shot with the "Strong Wireless Interference" message, my surroundings are pretty much as you see within a 1/2 mile radius or more. Only the ocean is on the opposite side.

Received with thanks! I will forward to our engineers to look into it.
2017-10-16
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-16 19:17
Received with thanks! I will forward to our engineers to look into it.

Hello - Here's an update:

Calibrating compass on Crystal Sky did not work. I'm beginning to think that the drone is the problem. The drone disconnects every time I attempt to link with 5.8ghz frequency and often takes multiple tries before a link is established on 2.4ghz. In addition, when I plug this P4P into my pc to link with DJI Assistant, I always get a message saying "unable to determine current firmware."
Received a backup P4P today, and none of these issues exist. I have DJI Care - Should I just send it in for repair?
2017-10-26
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Another update.

Had to purchase a back up P4P for work, and tested the Crystal Sky with AC on 5.8ghz frequency. No "strong wireless interference" messages. Switched back to 2.4ghz and instantly received the warning. So the question is - Is there a flaw being overlooked or missed with the Crystal Sky in regards to causing radio interference? If not, does this mean that for optimum usage, 2.4ghz shouldn't be used with the drone and Crystal Sky?
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mycypher Posted at 2017-10-27 14:41
Another update.

Had to purchase a back up P4P for work, and tested the Crystal Sky with AC on 5.8ghz frequency. No "strong wireless interference" messages. Switched back to 2.4ghz and instantly received the warning. So the question is - Is there a flaw being overlooked or missed with the Crystal Sky in regards to causing radio interference? If not, does this mean that for optimum usage, 2.4ghz shouldn't be used with the drone and Crystal Sky?

Thanks for keeping us updated. In 2.4 GHz, the signal is easily disturbed by the environmental interference. For flying in the city, I would recommend to switch to 5.8 GHz.
2017-10-28
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

What about the Mavic as it uses 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz in WIFI mode,mycypher mentioned he had issues with his Mavic also?
2017-10-28
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

I received my  crystalsky 7.85 high brightness monitor 2 days ago--using an Inspire 2--and I too get numerous strong wireless interference warnings.  Did a factory reset, calibrated, even tried connecting with a longer cable and moving the monitor away from the controller--no change.  Put my iPhone 7+ back on and all works perfectly
2017-10-28
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-28 02:12
Thanks for keeping us updated. In 2.4 GHz, the signal is easily disturbed by the environmental interference. For flying in the city, I would recommend to switch to 5.8 GHz.

Thank you for the reply Susan. I actually live in a pretty small town, and I get these warnings in places where there are no structures for at least 1/2 mile, and very few people around, so I'm inclined to believe that the interference lies between the actual monitor and RC and/or drone. As you can see in the screenshot above, I'm barely 100 feet out, and there are no structures within miles of my location -I'm in a very wide open space.

Judging by the responses here, and elsewhere on the internet, it appears that this is an issue that should be addressed in reference to the monitors. Again these aren't false warnings as I've lost connection while only a few hundred feet away. I cover a lot of construction sites for work, and as of now, I will never use my CS monitor for work. I do use it with my Osmo, so in that sense, it's not a total waste of money.

However, I did have plans to buy the 7.85 inch specifically for drone use. I definitely won't be spending that money until this is addressed as it seems to not be an isolated problem. Is it the monitor? The RC adapter? Both? If as is, the Crystal Sky is most reliable for drone use on the 5.8ghz frequency, I think this is something that your customers and potential customers should know about, before spending hundreds of dollars on a product that falls short of expectations.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mycypher Posted at 2017-10-29 13:58
Thank you for the reply Susan. I actually live in a pretty small town, and I get these warnings in places where there are no structures for at least 1/2 mile, and very few people around, so I'm inclined to believe that the interference lies between the actual monitor and RC and/or drone. As you can see in the screenshot above, I'm barely 100 feet out, and there are no structures within miles of my location -I'm in a very wide open space.

Judging by the responses here, and elsewhere on the internet, it appears that this is an issue that should be addressed in reference to the monitors. Again these aren't false warnings as I've lost connection while only a few hundred feet away. I cover a lot of construction sites for work, and as of now, I will never use my CS monitor for work. I do use it with my Osmo, so in that sense, it's not a total waste of money.

Our engineers are checking the exact status, and we will come back if there is any update.
2017-10-30
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-30 04:58
Our engineers are checking the exact status, and we will come back if there is any update.

Thank you for the reply Susan.
2017-10-30
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got it today,

Since I plugged the ChrystalSky (8")  I keep getting this warning... "Strong wireless interference, Please fly with caution"...every 5 to 10 seconds. I am only getting this on 2.4G (most channel bars are red), when I switch to 5.8G the warnings are not so often but they come and go and when I look in the channels..none have any bars, green or red..?!? Now, I never ever got this warning before with my iPad4 Mini......so, I switched back to my iPad plugged to controller and got ZERO wireless interference warning either using my home WI-FI (2.4G) or Verizon LTE. Then I was wondering if the interference was coming from my WI-FI, so I connected the ChrystalSky to my iPad Hot Spot......got the same warnings. To sum up, the ChrystalSky is causing the interference itself...IS THERE A CURE FOR THIS??

And I also have the compass problem (yes I saw the other thread about the compass) my compass is all over pointing North where is South, moves erratic

Note - I tried calibrate the compass on the CS....I keep turning it and NOTHING most of the time, I was able to calibrate twice and did nothing, still the same on both issues.

I wonder if I can return it and get my $600 back...I was very happy, trouble free with my iPad4 Mini
2017-11-2
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hello DJI Susan,

Any updates?  I just posted above and back to CS...it just crashed out of the blue...I was not even flying, had to reboot it from scratch.  I will not fly with CS, it is UNSAFE at this point

2017-11-2
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am also doing a reboot of the CS before start flying. After, let´s say 5 batteries flown, I do a reboot of the CS again to prevent an app crash whilst midair with my craft. That worked for me so far.
2017-11-2
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Where is Susan?  when DJI will start getting the CS's back for repair?
2017-11-3
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

So--tried some simple experiments tonight.  I started with my Crystalsky 7.85.  Switched to 5.8GHz and watched the interference patterns----then, swapped over to my iPad Pro 10.5--5.8GHz, and I see the same interference patterns--so, from a very qulaitative approach, the interference appears to be the same, but the crystalsky and iPad handle that interference differently-

so, the question arises--is the threshold for triggering the "interference" warning different?  Is there a difference in ability and finding and/or switching to a clear channel--
2017-11-3
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

I was wondering, i have also crashes  and wireless interference warnings with my 5.5 .. Is this because i have a monday morning  CS or are ALL crystal sky's suffering from this? Do i have to send it back??
2017-11-4
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Rc antenna placement and CS Wi-fi setting can also cause it.

The CrystalSky Wi-fi antennas as right at the back so if you have your antennas vertical up almost against the back of CS then it can cause the message absolutely make sure you turn Wi-fi on CS off as this helps.

Keeping the RC antennas off the back of the devices is he key and a few inches separation is all it takes, the reason the iPad suffers much less with this is the Shell is aluminium, the Wi-fi antennas are located behind the front glass giving much more separation.   

Also like Cendence if your rc will allow have the antennas pointing down not up, this makes absolutely zero different to the signal performance from craft to Rc as they are still in the vertical plane and it keeps them away from the device and help to reduce this again.

Finally on constant crashing If people are seeing that on latest firmware then I would send it back for replacement as it’s really not normal.
2017-11-4
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RC antennas, not matter how you position it....the interference still the same.  I would say that that BIG CS battery pack will cause more interference than anything else around it, it is right next to CS internal antenna.
2017-11-4
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The battery has no affect of your RC picking up interference, the warning are from the RC detecting noise in the band not the CS detecting noise.
2017-11-5
Use props
fans334b7b3c
lvl.2
Estonia

Also facing the problem with M210, even with cendence controller and both 5,5 and 7,8 will give out that error. Waiting for solution. Also have problem thats a little bit offtopic here, but maybe someone can help me with Zenmuse Z30. The drone is steady but the z30 live picture "drifts" to the right so i have to keep it in one place with triggers...
2017-11-5
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans334b7b3c Posted at 2017-11-5 12:23
Also facing the problem with M210, even with cendence controller and both 5,5 and 7,8 will give out that error. Waiting for solution. Also have problem thats a little bit offtopic here, but maybe someone can help me with Zenmuse Z30. The drone is steady but the z30 live picture "drifts" to the right so i have to keep it in one place with triggers...

Probably unrelated however, I was getting aircraft disconnected and screen/device freezes with my 5.5 CS.

I went in and did a complete diagnostic update...calibrated everything, vision sensors, imu, etc.

Since then, no more problems.

I'm running current CS firmware but a way older aircraft firmware.
2017-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules