Going to ATTI after firmware upgrade
646 4 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
donandamanda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314173 ft
United Kingdom

We have an Inspire 1 PRo - with X5 camera.  We have used this without any major problems for 2 years.
We have just upgraded to Firmware versions:

App - Version 3.1.15
Aircraft - Version 1.11.01.50
Remote Ctl - Version 1.7.80
Camera 1.11.1.50

we use Ipad Mini 3

Since doing this upgrade we have been getting problems.
the minor one is loss of video to the slave controller screen.
The big issue is that the aircraft suddenly reports:
"Abnormal Compass functionor GPS signal detected. Aircraft switched to ATTI mode"

the aircraft switches to ATTI but still does not respond to the controls accurately.  (we are used to flying in ATTI).  We toggle the controller switch to ATTI and then back to GPS and sometimes the aircraft comes back to GPS control.

This has only happened since we have upgraded the firmward.
We have flown in multiple location including the same locations where prior to the upgrade we no problems.

Has anyone else seen this issue.  DJI have advised to reinstall the firmware which we are about to do.

Thanks for any help.
2017-10-2
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

More than likely the problem is with the I pad MINi.  If you upgrade to a model I pad  with a A9 or A10 processor you should not have any issues.  The latest go apps and FW upgrades use a ton of processing power.  also be sure to do and IMU calibration followed by a Gimbal calibration and then do a full compass calibration after updating .
I have an apple  I pad pro, standard size,  and my system works flawlessly .  If you are into  this for business get the I pad Pro with the fastest Processor they make .

donnie
2017-10-2
Use props
donandamanda
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-10-2 05:46
More than likely the problem is with the I pad MINi.  If you upgrade to a model I pad  with a A9 or A10 processor you should not have any issues.  The latest go apps and FW upgrades use a ton of processing power.  also be sure to do and IMU calibration followed by a Gimbal calibration and then do a full compass calibration after updating .
I have an apple  I pad pro, standard size,  and my system works flawlessly .  If you are into  this for business get the I pad Pro with the fastest Processor they make .

Thanks Donnie, But will a faster screen make the difference to an issue reported with the compass?  Sorry for my technical lack of knowledge!!
Don
2017-10-2
Use props
donandamanda
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have now been on to DJI and they are advising sending the Inspire in for repair.  I can't see anything is broken except for the firmware!!
2017-10-2
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

donandamanda Posted at 2017-10-2 07:26
Thanks Donnie, But will a faster screen make the difference to an issue reported with the compass?  Sorry for my technical lack of knowledge!!
Don

That is only part of the problem ( the slow I pad )

Did you update the IMU and calibrate the Camera gimbal and the do another Compass calibration AFTER  the update .  This is part of the entire update process and if you follow my instructions you may see the problem resolve itself .

Also many strange  occurrences happen when the I pad does not have enough processing  power , it can throw all kinds of seemly  unrelated error codes.

good Luck Don

donnie
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules