Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 (version 4.1.12) & IOS 11.01 - Beta update
2867 8 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PY4CK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I would like to share one problem I faced over the weekend after updating both DJI GO 4  version 4.1.12 and IOS 11.01 (Beta).

Being a beta tester for the IOS, the update to 11.01 arrived this weeking and I installed both this update and the update on DJI GO 4, version 4.1.12.

I started my Mavic and went to fly as usual. I noticed that by the moment I switched the record button everything went bad. No more audible alarms, no more infomation of height of flight and distance and no information whatsoever of the length of recording. All this followed by an iphone crash, black screen and finally the RTH function to recover the drone that was at this time about 500 meters away.

I tried everyting including erasing completely the DJI GO 4 app and reinstalling the application, but nothing changed. It seems it is associated with the record function.

I tried later with my Mini IPAD with the 4.1.12 version installed and IOS beta 11 (not 11.01) and no problem at all.

So, I do not know if this only affects IOS 11.01 beta or it will afect as well normal IOS 11.1 (non Beta)

My phone is an IPHONE 7 +

I just thought of sharing to avoid this situation with other fellows having the same hardware/firmware.

Other than that, Mavic is a great machine and I am sure that in my case, the next IOS will get it back to normal. In the meantime, I will use the goggles and Mini IPAD.

Have you all safe and responsible flights.
2017-10-2
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah I had issues last week with 11.0.1... rolled back to 10.3.3 and no issues with DJI GO 4 since.
Note: You are brave to fly betas with a $1k machine... do they pay/insure you to beta test by chance?
2017-10-2
Use props
BernieB
Captain
Flight distance : 18737 ft
United States

I have experienced no problems with with iOS 11.0.1 on an iPad Pro 10.5-in, but so far only two short flights of about 3 min duration.  Audible alarms and flight telemetry were working normally.  All latest firmware and DJI Go software.  Prior to flying I did a lengthy checkout on the bench to check funcionality including video recording--all appeared OK.  I did also do a brief bench test using an iPhone 8 (also with iOS 11.0.1) and it appeared to be working normally as well, although I didn't actually fly with the iPhone 8.  I have seen some reports of the iPhone 8 with iOS 11.0 not connecting.  
2017-10-2
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

I think that you got the beta and the regular release mixed up, 11.0.1 is the non-beta and 11.1 is the beta.
2017-10-2
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Avoid flying your quad with beta OS releases. If possible have a dedicated, updated and robust device for this purpose.
2017-10-2
Use props
PY4CK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I am not sure on this one, but when I got the update it was stating Beta version 11.1.

About being brave, I don't really see much risk on that providing I have line of sight and a strong RTH working.

But will wait for next update. Meanwhile I will be flying with my Mini IPad as interface, which is working beautifully.
As I said, the purpose was to raise the red flag to people that might be at the point of doing the same.

All the best.
2017-10-2
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

i am running the 11.1 update and it's hard issues. the touch screen function of the go4 stops working as soon as you plug in the remote to your phone.
on my ipad mini i am running 11.01 (however the 11.02 update just showed was available.) and it has cpu issue overload warnings and runs choppy as can be.
i am worried to update the go4 app on the ipad because if the touch screen stops working with go4 i am screwed.

hopefully dji is on top and aware of these compatibility issues.
2017-10-8
Use props
Mountaindrone
Captain
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

And for Android and CrystalSky ?
2017-10-8
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

i heard back from DJI about this issue.
they are 100% aware of it and working on a new version of the go4 app.
not sure when it will be released but i am guessing within Nov apple will get the finished 11.1 and Dji will get the finished update up. (i hope)

2017-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules