Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help, shoot a soccer match on a synthetic grass field
863 4 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

Hello, I'd like to shoot a soccer match on a synthetic grass field that's surrounded by metal fences.

Can Mavic fly on a synthetic grass field that is surrounded by metal fences without being influenced?

That  will look like a Faraday cage because it has a metallic fence and above.

teren sintetic.jpg
2017-10-2
Use props
Shahar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3199 ft

Israel

Maybe you can get close to the fence and check if you get any comment about it before take off
2017-10-2
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

You are going to fly your Mavic INSIDE that cage while the match is being played while you stand outside the cage?  Nice.  I hope you are an experienced pilot, and I hope you're planning on disabling RTH and all that good stuff.  And ummm... if the officials have given their blessing, why not just stand inside to control it?  You're going to need to be going in and out of there anyway to tend to the drone and swap batteries.

If you're not planning on flying your Mavic inside the cage, then this is all irrelevant including the thread itself.

I can't clearly make out the fence construction, but it appears to be a standard chain link fence.  That's not a faraday cage at the frequencies we're talking about.  The holes are much too large to block 2 and 5 GHz frequencies.  (Compare to the size of the holes in your microwave oven door... that's 2.4 GHz)

If you want to prove this to yourself ahead of time, go to the place at night when nobody's around.  Place the Mavic outside of the cage on one side.  Walk to the other side of the cage (still outside) so that 2 walls of the fence are between the RC and the Mavic.  Take off and hover.  You should have no problems controlling it.
2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Do you have GPS inside?
2017-10-2
Use props
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

i wanna stay inside ...

didnt tested yet if i have gps inside ..
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules