Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
You are planing to go to China with a (DJI) drone?
5234 12 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hi!
After using the 72h transit visa exemtion in Beijing last week, I'd like to share my way to be able to fly the Spark at the great wall.
You need a flash browser on android, to open parts of this page:
https://uas.caac.gov.cn/login
And as best a friendly person, who like to assist in translating and interpreting the ONLY IN CHINESE website!
(I lost half a day, to find a very friendly tour operator who was willing to assist on the registration.)
Also you need a Chinese Simcard, registered in your name.
Which you get easily in the Airport.
In Terminal 3 it was 50m to the right of the EXIT from the arrival/customs area.

Question to DJI:
I assume the bond between DJI and the CAAC is strong.
How about you try to suggest to them to offer this form in english, too?
And maybe a opportunity that people can register from outside China, without a mainland china phone number at first?
To get the permission, of course they have to get a Sim/Phonenumber, change the number in the account details, to get the confirmation SMS which you need/want.
Just a thought, with the 144h transitvisa coming up, next year, I am pretty sure, there are more drones coming back to China this way!

Back to the registration:
In the beginning, I thought I can do it with the one video I found onyoutube.
Unlucky, already on the very first page was a new entry to fill out.
I could cover that with my counter staff from my Hotel.
But on my android, I could not open the input screens on the following pages.
And no google play (no line,  no google mail, no whats app, no fb, ......, without vpn) so I could not react on that.

Which needed me to look for a computer with interpreter.
Lucky me, I was the first drone tourist around, curiosity makes a lot of things easier
Thank you very much, Sarah, you saved me and my plans in Beijing!

I am not going into the details, I did not screenshot any of the steps, but after the first registration, there are lots of more details to fill in.
To get an overview, check this out:
https://www.travelchinacheaper.com/flying-drone-china-regulations

After that is done, you need to start your drone and the app.
DJI will asked you for registration and details and you will get an SMS with Code to confirm in the DJI-App that you are registered.

After that, outside a nfz, you are good to go.

Wall01.jpg

wall03.jpg

wall02.jpg

2017-10-2
Use props
larrymull
lvl.4
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

Great post thanks for the info. Would have been a lot better if you were able to get golden hour shots too.
2017-10-2
Use props
PascalG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

I went to east Berlin back in 1980.  That's communist dictatorship enough for me.

China can wait till it s free. Painful enough to buy Chinese made stuff.
2017-10-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

larrymull Posted at 2017-10-2 15:27
Great post thanks for the info. Would have been a lot better if you were able to get golden hour shots too.

Yep, but golden hours wont be easy!
I think, you will have to stay in a hotel close by, to get that chance.
And may have to fly you drone from some distance to the wall.
But: I will try next time for sure ;-)
2017-10-3
Use props
LeBonBon
lvl.1

Norway

China is very picturesque. Especially mountainous and desert areas of it. And it's also allowed to use drones (as far as I'm concerned flying in Beijing isn't easy due to laws). But what I can recommend is to preinstall the best free vpn for torrenting. It'll allow you not only share files but visit Facebook, for instance, and other social media which are blocked.
2018-12-19
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

o

Blocking google, FB, ..., Is no concern with a foreign sim card.
Just wifi and china simcards are blocked.

Since this topic, I have been to Shanghai and again to Beijing and the great wall.
Beijing is of limits, for DJI drones, methinks   
And the wall in golden hours is very difficult.
I missed my chance last september,  unluckylie

2018-12-20
Use props
Brandy257
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I just spent 4 hours to help a Mexican friend to register her drone when she travels to China, during which I realized how hard it is for foreigners to do so if (normally) they can’t read Chinese and don’t have a Mainland Chinese mobile number. Especially the registration system has many bugs and you definitely will waste a lot of time reading Q&As as I did.   Therefore I am glad to offer the service at 19.99 USD per drone: Contact email:  BRANDYWANG@OUTLOOK.COM
2019-4-16
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Clever offer!
But since the registration NEEDS a China-tel-number registered ON THE name of the drone pilot, they have to get one, anyway.
Which is a simple thing on Beijing airport, not so simple (last time, at least) in Shanghai.
But we can prepare for that with google.
And the registration process is not needing 4 hours, if no chinese speakers searching for the actual help with pictures for the CAAC registering page.
I needed just 30 minutes, doing it myself. With the help pictures (found with google)  stored on my device!
The main problem, it seems: the device needs to be a windows computer or at least it needs a flash browser.
I, again, used a travel agent computer, last time.
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent stills and great info - thanks for sharing
2019-4-16
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

I think it is useful to link my actual entry to the event "Dronestrategy" here:
#Dronestrategy - China - Register your Drone for legal flights

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D691%26typeid%3D691
2019-5-1
Use props
Brajoe
lvl.1

Ukraine

I can't really understand what are the reasons for all those prohibitions? You can always download and install VeePN on your com[puter or any mobile device and use google play, Gmail, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram whenever you want! In the same way, you can connect to your drone with a private line.
2019-6-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Brajoe Posted at 6-8 03:46
I can't really understand what are the reasons for all those prohibitions? You can always download and install VeePN on your com[puter or any mobile device and use google play, Gmail, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram whenever you want! In the same way, you can connect to your drone with a private line.

You are driving a car without a insurance or a driving license?
Oh, why not?
2019-6-8
Use props
pinkmenprints
Second Officer
Singapore

The Great Wall Of China !
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules