3029 11 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ejsoš
New
Flight distance : 119669 ft
Czechia

Hello,
does anybody knows, if the Spark is compatible with Sony devices. Exactly with Sony Z3 Compact or Sony Z3 Tablet Compact. Thy a lot, Ejsos.
2017-10-2
Use props
ManuelV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83051 ft
Spain

Hi. No problem here with a Sony Z5 Compact under Andriod 7.1.1
2017-10-2
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

If it's android based, you should be ok.  i'd wait to see if you get responses on the forum before you make a decision.
2017-10-2
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

Xperia Z3 is a quite thick little beastie. It seems you're out of luck by just a smidgen as DJI states smartphone thickness range of 6.5-8.5 mm for the Spark's controller (https://www.dji.com/spark/info) and Z3 is 8.6 mm thick. Oops. Also, I'm not sure the DJI Go 4 app's layout would render properly on 4.6" screen - hard to tell until you try. Z3 Tablet, on the other hand, seems to be 0.1 mm too thin, according to the specs I found online. I don't think I'd try my luck in Lotto if I were you, mate Also, I'm not sure the tablet would fit there length-wise, although I've seen enough photos proving that it is possible to jam at least some tablets into Spark RC'c holder. For what it's worth, I'm using Spark with my Sony Xperia XZ and I haven't discovered any Sony-specific incompatibilities yet.
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

You can always find out what mobile device is good for the Spark by going to their product page which is here: http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2017-10-2
Use props
Alanzalander
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93009 ft
Germany

The display of my relatively new Z5 turns out to be rather dark under daylight conditions not to speak about being in the sun! The OTG function of my Z5 is either defect or not implemented at all!
My older Z3 has a brighter display and I use it regularly for flying. OTG works too.
2017-10-7
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

I'm using an XA1 Ultra with no issues. Given the Z series is higher spec, I expect it will work well also.
2017-10-7
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Maybe a little late but I just got my Spark recently and have a couple of flights with my Z3 Tablet Compact, so far no issues. Going to fly some more this weekend and will report back.
2017-12-8
Use props
fanscf0ffacc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59629 ft
Indonesia

I use RC with sony Z ultra old phone still good with big screen..
2017-12-8
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Took my spark out for a number of flights this weekend with my Z3 Tablet Compact and never once had any issues.  I do wish it fit in the controller but a tablet holder solves that problem.
2017-12-11
Use props
playstation_ice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312448 ft
Australia

Hi guys do you know if go4 works with the Sony Z2 tablet? Many thanks
2017-12-16
Use props
playstation_ice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312448 ft
Australia

Hi the Z3 should work ok,I'm using a Sony z5 works great but I want a bigger screen
2017-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules