o(^-^)o
fans825c0532
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341355 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey all
I havent upgraded since baack in Feb.

Today during my flight, I noticed on the left side, there was only RTH, Land current position , but no remote controller icon on screen to choose my mutiple flight modes such as active track etc....
is this because of lack of updates.. or maybe I just needed to reopen my app..?
Probably just had to reopen my app.

I switched out my battery for second battery, and noticed this icon missing on my screen. but then I also noticed the gridlines went away midway through my flight.. and also, on the app, it showed the remote signal was none- however, on the RC itself, it showed full bars..
Maybe I just had to reopen my app for all three icons to come back on screen.
Not much of an issue, as I basically know how to very basic -level- control the mavic to perform what I want it to do.. just something I noticed.

Anyone else encouter this?

2017-10-2
Use props
Time2Party
Second Officer
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

I think when you are in Sport mode you will not have the remote controller icon on the screen.
2017-10-2
Use props
fans825c0532
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

EDIT!!!

SO I took a look at my RC and it was actually on SPORT on the direction of the aarow- towards the antennas.

I didn't even notice! Something to note! ... but for some reason.. the obstacle avoidance still worked fine front facing... i thought sport mode turns off obstacle avoidance..
but anyway! This may have been the case! the SPORT switch was on SPORT mode without me even knowing or notciing. --

but I do recall the mavic moving much faster than normal.
2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good you figured it out!
2017-10-2
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

fans825c0532 Posted at 2017-10-2 13:40
SPORT switch was on SPORT mode without me even knowing or notciing. --

Just yesterday I accidentally took off with my mode switch set to sport.  A 20+ minute flight and I never noticed anything amiss until I wanted to switch _into_ sport mode and discovered the switch was already in sport.

If the aircraft was already in sport mode I _would_ have noticed it, because I don't have my yaw EXP dialed in yet for sport mode and the extreme yaw rate ticks me off.  I'm 99% positive that aircraft was not flying in sport mode even though the switch was set to that position.  Perhaps the Mavic won't actually go into sport mode if you power it on that way.  Or perhaps it does a half-a## type of configuration.  I haven't investigated further.  .400 firmware here.
2017-10-2
Use props
fans825c0532
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-2 14:34
Just yesterday I accidentally took off with my mode switch set to sport.  A 20+ minute flight and I never noticed anything amiss until I wanted to switch _into_ sport mode and discovered the switch was already in sport.

If the aircraft was already in sport mode I _would_ have noticed it, because I don't have my yaw EXP dialed in yet for sport mode and the extreme yaw rate ticks me off.  I'm 99% positive that aircraft was not flying in sport mode even though the switch was set to that position.  Perhaps the Mavic won't actually go into sport mode if you power it on that way.  Or perhaps it does a half-a## type of configuration.  I haven't investigated further.  .400 firmware here.

hmm interesting.

I'll be sure to check the switch whenever I fly now. I'm pretty sure it was in sport mode for me and I didn't even notice until I started looking at the screen and see the foreground move so quickly. Usually I push the sticks just to 25% power -as indicated on the compass -when you switch from the map.

so yah!
2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules