Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Magic Island, Honolulu, HI
1434 12 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brian_b
lvl.3
United States

This weekend's video. Still conservative, nothing over water, no crazy distance testing, none of that. Just a look around. Select 1080p setting. Maybe next time I'll send it out. Maybe.

2017-10-2
Use props
dojoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

I can tell you're afraid to fly over water.
2017-10-2
Use props
brian_b
lvl.3
United States

Regrettably, for the time being, yes. That's so sad, isn't it? I'd grow a pair, but it might cost $500.
2017-10-2
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your first time you fly over water and send it out far it will feel like you're going to throw up(stomach butterflies) and your knees will start knocking you're going to have to sit down
2017-10-2
Use props
brian_b
lvl.3
United States

I really wanted a shot from the water, you guys. I really did. Maybe next time when the winds are weaker and less people around. For now, I'll be thankful this post isn't a support ticket thread. I'd rather share my video than my flight log. I had 18 satellites, but apparently, even that stymies some of our colleagues here on the forum.
2017-10-2
Use props
dojoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

It's actually safer to fly over water, if the drone drops there's less likely it will cause injury to others except sharks, where as on the land you can cause damage to people, cars, etc..
2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful place and great weather
2017-10-2
Use props
daveddo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158009 ft
United States

I was just there last week. Even flew around on the windward side of the island and out over the water - the Spark handled extremely well, even in the high wind. I’m putting footage together and will be posting the video in the next week or so.
2017-10-2
Use props
brian_b
lvl.3
United States

daveddo, how high were you over the water? I would use your height for a reference. Supposedly over 30m high is safe,as you're counting out the VPS, so it can't get confused over the glistening, wavy water.
2017-10-2
Use props
PHOTOlulu
Captain
Flight distance : 952625 ft
  • >>>
United States

This was my flight over Magic Island https://youtu.be/NzBol5BALfc
2017-10-2
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

It looks great, regardless.
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Very beautiful island, nice video, thank you for sharing!
2017-10-8
Use props
CharlieZ
Captain
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules