1402 4 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TommyJeep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50423 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, you're killing me.  Not literally of course.

This is the second time I've been caught like this.  First time was earlier this summer, second time was yesterday.

A few days ago I started up my Mavic, connected the phone, all was good.  Yesterday I go out into the boonies on a Jeep trip expecting to catch some amazing scenery.  Instead, when I launch Go4, it's prompting me to login.  I can't login because I'm in the mountains away from internet access.

Is there anything I can do to bypass the login process when caught in this situation, or do I just stop bringing my Mavic to some of the best (still legal) places to fly?  Not all of us live, or want to fly, in cities with abundant internet access.
2017-10-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can login from home before you leave, I guess it’s something we all have to get used to, I can imagine your disappointment with a wasted day of shooting for something we all take for granted..
2017-10-2
Use props
TommyJeep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50423 ft
  • >>>
United States

<RANT>
OK, so although I use to have Auto App Update disabled, it appears IOS 11 re-enabled it for me.  Is the root of the problem Apple's?  Probably not.  I discovered that my Go4 app updated apparently the same day that I tested everything.  I'm guessing it happened after my test which triggered my need to login again.

Anyway, I'm hoping DJI will update the app to not mandate a login like this.  Either cache credentials from before the update, or allow X number of flights before login, or ANY solution.  It just really sucks to be out there and all you can do is fly third person hoping the camera is pointed in the right direction.
</RANT>
2017-10-2
Use props
raffiican
New
Canada

I'm with you here....same happened to me. Hours from wifi or cellular up a long treacherous decommissioned logging road....and a spectacular waterfall hundreds of feet high topped by a snow encrusted box canyon and rocky peak......no login. Arrrrrg! I just used the dang thing 2 days ago! I plan to use my phone as a redundant device (iPad normally) and login any time I plan to use the drone before leaving network enabled areas. Now t foolproof, but better than this waste of time!
2017-10-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think its a matter of every so often letting the app connect to internet, not every time, i dont know Dji's limit of checking. but they allow X number of days for the app to be offline and working then every so often it wants to connect and validate information.    its as simple as launching the app when you have wifi, then closing it..  the issue i have is i wish Dji handled the app like a modern app.  use notifications for updates(software/firmware) and tell us app needs verification check before next offline use, use push notifications for realtime info for people connected.. etc etc..  i hate being caught offgaurd, even though not very often, it has happened to me a couple of times where maybe a firmware update is pending or flight info is pending or login/useage verifcation is needed..etc etc
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules