Highly Disappointed
955 19 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaxFo
lvl.1
United States

Hi guys,

I just wanted to stress how disspointed I am in DJI through my recent experience with them. I always thought of DJI as a very high quality brand and thought they must have a very good Customer Service due to the high priced products they sell, but recently I have experienced otherwise. I had ordered a Phantom 4 advanced and was super excited to fly it and shoot some new stuff for work, and when I unpacked it and wanted to turn it on.... The battery was broken. This was step one to my dissapointment, but from then it got only worse. Of course, I had to send the broken battery back, and it took me about 4 weeks to get a new battery (which is very unprofessional when DJI knows that it has costumers that use these drones for commercial uses and have customers to serve). Well, today I got the battery in the mail and I was relieved to finally be able to shoot again, and when I open the package it's the WRONG BATTERY! I had been provided with a battery for the Phantom 3 series which of course does not fit in my Phantom 4 advanced and also has less battery life to begin with. I am very dissapointed with this situation and I feel like it's a joke. It seems like DJI does not care about their costumers whatsoever, and the customer service on the phone and over chat have been mediocre to terrible. As a customer who has put faith in DJI, I hope that they change these ways of dealing with situations like these, as I have not even been offered any kind of compensation or anything. I had a somewhat similar experience with GoPro not nearly this bad, and they gave me a free GoPro to compensate the time and effort I had to put in to solve a problem that was not mine, but theirs. I think that DJI has a lot to learn from these experiences, and I hope that stuff like this won't happen in the future!
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

I am sorry to read on this. Can you provide a Repair ID number that I can review on?
2017-10-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Customer service does have their problems.
2017-10-2
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

"I open the package it's the WRONG BATTERY! I had been provided with a battery for the Phantom 3 series which of course does not fit in my Phantom 4 advanced and also has less battery life to begin with. I am very dissapointed with this situation and I feel like it's a joke."

2017-10-2
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

I bought mine at a Best Buy.  They have extra batteries, propellers, etc.  No waiting.  Sorry to hear of your problems.
2017-10-2
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-2 14:04
Customer service does have their problems.

Yeah, according to the original post, I gather that DJI employees wear costumes to work.  I mean why else would they need to have costumers on the payroll?  Just think of what that does to morale around the office.
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

I sent you  a personal message on this point. Once we have the repair ID, we can investigate this further on our end.
2017-10-3
Use props
Rick70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft
United States

VetteGuyZ06 Posted at 2017-10-2 14:16
I bought mine at a Best Buy.  They have extra batteries, propellers, etc.  No waiting.  Sorry to hear of your problems.

I also bought mine (P4) at Best Buy and all was good until last night. My controller will not charge like many hundreds of owners of DJI Cheap China Drones are experiencing. DJI will not answer messages and calling them is useless. I have a total of 4 flights and each flight cost me more than $300 each. It's just a paper weight now.....
2017-10-3
Use props
MaxFo
lvl.1
United States

VetteGuyZ06 Posted at 2017-10-2 14:16

Did you have to buy the extra batteries or did they just change it out for you?
2017-10-3
Use props
MaxFo
lvl.1
United States

Rick70 Posted at 2017-10-3 14:56
I also bought mine (P4) at Best Buy and all was good until last night. My controller will not charge like many hundreds of owners of DJI Cheap China Drones are experiencing. DJI will not answer messages and calling them is useless. I have a total of 4 flights and each flight cost me more than $300 each. It's just a paper weight now.....

Did Best Buy help you with this or did you have to go through DJI?
2017-10-3
Use props
Rick70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft
United States

MaxFo Posted at 2017-10-3 18:32
Did Best Buy help you with this or did you have to go through DJI?

Best Buy said it's the manufacture problem. They can't help...
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, I'm sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience. We are keeping trying to improve the customer service and would like to bring better experience for our valued customers. The case number is very important for us to investigate the issue, and please kindly offer it at your convenience. We appreciate your cooperation. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.
2017-10-3
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
United States

MaxFo Posted at 2017-10-3 18:30
Did you have to buy the extra batteries or did they just change it out for you?

I simply bought an extra battery for more flight time.  I haven't had any problems with mine.
2017-10-3
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

VetteGuyZ06 Posted at 2017-10-3 20:20
I simply bought an extra battery for more flight time.  I haven't had any problems with mine.

Having to buy an extra battery isn't financially feasible for many and certainly not a best-case solution.
2017-10-4
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
United States

Rex59 Posted at 2017-10-4 12:31
Having to buy an extra battery isn't financially feasible for many and certainly not a best-case solution.

Maybe so, but if you are spending over $1000 on a toy such as a drone, just to play with, you evidently have money to spend, so whats another $150 or so.  Why spend $1400 so you can fly maybe 30 minutes then wait 1 1/2 hours so you can fly another 30 minutes.  
2017-10-4
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

So what you're saying is that everyone needs to buy "insurance" batteries to ensure that you can still fly in the event that DJI sends a defective one as part of the original package? In a perfect world, we'd all have unlimited disposable income. We all know that this isn't a perfect world. My original purchase consisted of a P3A with all that comes with it as standard. The cost was just slightly more than the dollar amount I had allocated for such a purchase, which made it financially impossible to buy an extra ANYTHING.  Six months or so later, I had saved enough money to buy a hard shell case, 2 extra batteries, extra props, an Ipad Mini and a sunshade. Given my finances, I could have bought none of these items at the time I made my original P3A purchase. If I had been sent a defective battery with my original purchase, made to wait four weeks to receive a replacement only to find that DJI sent the wrong battery, I'd be just as upset as MaxFo is.
2017-10-5
Use props
fansb7f3a204
New
United States

I recently bought a P4 and when it arrived it had a defective battery. I contacted DJI and was told to take it up with the seller. The seller, Beach Camera .com, jerked me around for a week, during which time I purchased two more batteries from a different supplier. When they arrived one of those batteries is defective and now I'll have to deal with that situation. I came here looking for info to maybe find a fix for the two batteries that are bad. But it appears that this is common place for DJI to manufacture and sell faulty batteries. So I have three batteries in hand, Two of which are defective. I haven't received the fourth battery that was supposed to be included in the original kit purchase from Beach Camera. It's apparent that DJI has a HUGE battery issue.

Does anyone have a suggestion for getting the inactive batteries to function or is my only course of action to have them replaced?

Jeff
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansb7f3a204 Posted at 2017-10-7 07:05
I recently bought a P4 and when it arrived it had a defective battery. I contacted DJI and was told to take it up with the seller. The seller, Beach Camera .com, jerked me around for a week, during which time I purchased two more batteries from a different supplier. When they arrived one of those batteries is defective and now I'll have to deal with that situation. I came here looking for info to maybe find a fix for the two batteries that are bad. But it appears that this is common place for DJI to manufacture and sell faulty batteries. So I have three batteries in hand, Two of which are defective. I haven't received the fourth battery that was supposed to be included in the original kit purchase from Beach Camera. It's apparent that DJI has a HUGE battery issue.

Does anyone have a suggestion for getting the inactive batteries to function or is my only course of action to have them replaced?

Hi Jeff, sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing. Could you please provide me with more details about the faulty of your batteries? Are the batteries couldn't be charging or there are some error messages on the app? Please try to keep the batteries on the charger for about 2 hours, if they still not work, please provide me with your batteries' serial number. Thanks.
2017-10-8
Use props
mastrkee
New
United States

Thanks for your reply. The batteries had only an initial response of lights flashing when I pushed the power button the first time. Afterwards nothing, not on the charger or off the charger. The batteries have been replaced by the suppliers but it took a month for that to happen.. The manufacturer should raise quality standards so that customers aren't exposed to such poor products after paying such high prices.
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mastrkee Posted at 2017-11-4 06:27
Thanks for your reply. The batteries had only an initial response of lights flashing when I pushed the power button the first time. Afterwards nothing, not on the charger or off the charger. The batteries have been replaced by the suppliers but it took a month for that to happen.. The manufacturer should raise quality standards so that customers aren't exposed to such poor products after paying such high prices.

Really sorry for your case, I will report your case to the relative department. Hope you can receive your batteries soon.
2017-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules