4039 19 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb504438f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4784872 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't ever order ANYTHING from DJI directly.   It will be delivered ONLY if there is a person present at the address to sign for it in the USA.  It also cannot be signed by anyone else, nor can it be delivered to a local FedEx office...as stated by the FedEx reps.  It doesn't even matter the dollar value.  So, if you order from DJI directly and live alone AND have to work...you'll never receive your package.
2017-10-2
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never had an issue. The FedEx dude that delivers out in the boonies where I live leaves my stuff with the neighbor if my wife and I are both not home. Is it possible to have it shipped to your work place? Or a relative close by that would be home?
2017-10-2
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

Depending on where you live, leaving stuff at the door might be a bad idea :-)

I wonder if you can call FedEx and request a hold so that you pick up the package from the FedEx warehouse at your convenience.
2017-10-2
Use props
fansc9212051
New
Flight distance : 86598 ft
United States

Yes, I worked for Fed-Ex and you can have it held at either the airport destination that serves as the distribution hub (mine was flown to the USA by DHL), or you can go to the Fed-ex Service Center, if your city has one, track it down, and have them hold it there and phone you when it arrives.
2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Probably depends on the delivery company. Here in NL we can (after first failed attempt of delivery) tell what they should do.
Also I can indicate if I want my packages to be delivered at my neighbours.
2017-10-2
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

After the first failed attempt delivery, they should leave a door tag. With that tag you can go online and instruct the package to be held at a FedEx location of your choice. You can then go there and pick it up.
2017-10-2
Use props
fansb504438f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Well...that's how I'm use to packages being delivered.  WIth this package (and my last one) from DJI, it's resident signature only.   No pickup was even allowed according to two reps and one automatic response.  So, I just had FedEx return to sender.  Nuts!

Slip

Slip
2017-10-2
Use props
Desert Magazine
lvl.1
United States

i wish they wpould have posted this on thier order request. ordered yesterday and saw the confirmation today that sig' was required ....i could have walked into best buy for some batteries !
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansb504438f Posted at 2017-10-2 23:38
Well...that's how I'm use to packages being delivered.  WIth this package (and my last one) from DJI, it's resident signature only.   No pickup was even allowed according to two reps and one automatic response.  So, I just had FedEx return to sender.  Nuts!

Feel regretful for the difficulties that you have been experiencing. But I think we can have someone in our family helped to sign. If the package hasn't been returned, you can provide me with your order number and I will check if there is anything I would do for you.
2017-10-3
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's pretty frustrating I know but frankly it's understandable from the sellers perspective b/c it provides security for both seller and buyer, especially for the high price ticket item.
2017-10-3
Use props
fansb504438f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-10-3 05:49
It's pretty frustrating I know but frankly it's understandable from the sellers perspective b/c it provides security for both seller and buyer, especially for the high price ticket item.

Crazy, but DJI doesn't think like that.  My $1300 Mavic Pro Fly More package was dropped off at my front apartment desk.  However, a $5 (including shipping!) OTG cable and a $30 set of props required direct signature?  Crazy!
2017-10-4
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb504438f Posted at 2017-10-4 21:35
Crazy, but DJI doesn't think like that.  My $1300 Mavic Pro Fly More package was dropped off at my front apartment desk.  However, a $5 (including shipping!) OTG cable and a $30 set of props required direct signature?  Crazy!

" Mavic Pro Fly More package was dropped off at my front apartment desk.  However, a $5 (including shipping!) OTG cable and a $30 set of props required direct signature? Crazy!"

2017-10-5
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

I get that someone should be present to sign for the package, but the fact that you can't even pick it up at the local FedEx or UPS store is a little ridiculous. For this reason I will never order from DJI directly again.
2017-10-5
Use props
Notabeginner
lvl.1
United Kingdom

el pelo Posted at 2017-10-5 04:57
I get that someone should be present to sign for the package, but the fact that you can't even pick it up at the local FedEx or UPS store is a little ridiculous. For this reason I will never order from DJI directly again.

I live in a residential area here in UK never had any problems with delivery from DJI the courier company is DPD if I am not home the driver leaves with my neighbor.
2017-10-5
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

DPD... they recently lost my package (not from DJI) and didn't dare to tell me...
2017-10-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Never have a problem also deliveries always on time, ordered last Sunday delivered on Tuesday. Pretty good service.
2017-10-5
Use props
Notabeginner
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mari Posted at 2017-10-5 08:54
DPD... they recently lost my package (not from DJI) and didn't dare to tell me...

Sorry to hear Mari it must have been hard for DPD to admit they lost your package hope they compensated you for the delay.
2017-10-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never had a problem with my local Fedex and or UPS.  Once I had to pick up my P4 from my local Fedex hub due to the note they left on my door stating It needed a signature.  Don't assume just because your delivery went bad that it will go bad for everyone else.
2017-10-8
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Notabeginner Posted at 2017-10-8 07:43
Sorry to hear Mari it must have been hard for DPD to admit they lost your package hope they compensated you for the delay.

... after a week the told me that they lost it... The company who send me the package did compensate me by sending me a new package! DPD now has to compensate them for the lost of the package, not my problem any more.

This was the first time that a package was lost for me... knock on wood...
2017-10-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ordered bits from DJI, delivered in about two days to UK, no complaints at all.
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules