DJI Spark - SSID wrong
5294 18 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
China

Can’t believe this after paying to replace my spark that crashed to the ground because of the battery issue (Spark fell 20M to ground) my new spark SSID label doesn’t match my Spark.
DJI you guys are starting to look incompetent.............................

Reallying starting to be my worse experience with a drone.

2017-10-2
Use props
fansbd30b82d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

Maybe you just got new spark , please try to re pair the drone to the rc and give it a try, Forget any previous networks you had about older drone on your phone.

Follow this instruction
2017-10-2
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
China

Basically they sold me a repaired drone in a new body and forgot to change the ssid .

DJI cheat me in China , how novel
2017-10-2
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
China

fansbd30b82d Posted at 2017-10-2 19:06
Maybe you just got new spark , please try to re pair the drone to the rc and give it a try, Forget any previous networks you had about older drone on your phone.

Follow this instruction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DOCrKCLPzo

The label on the drone does not match the SSID from the drone , even after  full reset.

My label says 457970 , the drone says 454802
2017-10-2
Use props
fansbd30b82d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

m1n1s Posted at 2017-10-2 19:25
The label on the drone does not match the SSID from the drone , even after  full reset.

ok but then again do you have the RC? or you use it with just your phone?
2017-10-3
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

m1n1s Posted at 2017-10-2 19:25

Is the purpose of this forum topic to report on an issue you are having connecting to the drone?  Or is it to voice concerns that you received a replacement and that the replacement you received is not a new drone (it's refurbished)?
2017-10-3
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

well that sucks .. DJI is working overtime to catch up with the high demand of the DJI Spark.  Too bad they don't respond a little faster sometime.
2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 893963 ft
United Kingdom

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-10-3 06:09
Is the purpose of this forum topic to report on an issue you are having connecting to the drone?  Or is it to voice concerns that you received a replacement and that the replacement you received is not a new drone (it's refurbished)?

I have just read this post and need to say that I am having other issues re the Spark but experienced something very similiar. As I have been unable to activate my brand new Spark and get no joy from the DJI Techs, I downloaded the Kittyhawk app and connected my drone to it. Another window popped up on the app saying a new drone has been detected with the following serial number. Unfortunately that serial number did not match the serial number on the label stuck on my drone, they are completely different. So I assume the WIFI SSID and password on the label works with the serial number on my label and not the one on my drones computer that Kittyhawk app detected. So I am wondering if this whole issue of stolen drones is a cover up by the DJI factory because they have got a problem with the labeling of serial numbers and they dont match the drone so nobody can activate them. Now you have a similiar issue???
2017-10-3
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
China

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-10-3 06:09

I think like you said to me before on another post that the forum is to learn and inform dji users of our respective experiences.

In this case the drone was sold as brand new only to discover its an old returned spark in a new body which they forgot to update the ssid information to match that on the body , lucky i got it locally And tried before I travelled back to my home country .
2017-10-3
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

m1n1s Posted at 2017-10-3 07:44
I think like you said to me before on another post that the forum is to learn and inform dji users of our respective experiences.

In this case the drone was sold as brand new only to discover its an old returned spark in a new body which they forgot to update the ssid information to match that on the body , lucky i got it locally And tried before I travelled back to my home country .

I'm not certain that replacing a defective drone with a "refurbished" drone violates their warranty and care package terms.  I'd have to read it (or that can be someone else).  I do know that it is not uncommon for other companies to offer replacements from "refurbished" inventory, and those products are still under warranty.  
2017-10-3
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
China

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-10-3 07:52
I'm not certain that replacing a defective drone with a "refurbished" drone violates their warranty and care package terms.  I'd have to read it (or that can be someone else).  I do know that it is not uncommon for other companies to offer replacements from "refurbished" inventory, and those products are still under warranty.

Ageeded but this was sold as new , i have the receipt from the store and then to find out they made a mistake by not updating the ssid to that of the new body i find not acceptable from a global company like DJI ,  they are not giving these Sparks away.................
2017-10-3
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
China

Today I went back to the DJI store in Shenzhen , its the golden week holiday here so imagine a very cool large DJI store with about 1000 people inside , playing as only Chinese people do.

I was quickly processed to the technical help area where a young lady promptly tried to show me how to reset the Wi-fi ssid and password only to come to the same conclusions as me , the ssid of the drone is not the same as the label on the body. In true Chinese style she decided this wasn’t the problem of the dji store but of the repair service which was closed until the 6th October. In china its normal to break up the business into several different separate businesses. You can imagine that I wasn’t best pleased to hear this and explain my story in best in broken Chinese and English , thankfully I found one diamond in a sea of DJI employees, Stephen Chen ( my hero ) , this guy went off after hearing my story and phoned his boss and also the boss of the service department where they both agree my idea of handing over a new boxed and sealed Spark so I could be on my happy way , they even activated the new spark in store and i brought the dji care insurance to ease the pain of future issues.

Well done DJI Shenzhen you have one decent employee Stephen Chen and I have my faith somewhat restored in DJI.

Let’s hope the NEW Spark behaviour is better than my last one which dropped out of the sky with 96% battery life left, dead to the ground from 26ft and smashed to bits
2017-10-3
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

m1n1s Posted at 2017-10-3 08:07
Today I went back to the DJI store in Shenzhen , its the golden week holiday here so imagine a very cool large DJI store with about 1000 people inside , playing as only Chinese people do.

I was quickly processed to the technical help area where a young lady promptly tried to show me how to reset the Wi-fi ssid and password only to come to the same conclusions as me , the ssid of the drone is not the same as the label on the body. In true Chinese style she decided this wasn’t the problem of the dji store but of the repair service which was closed until the 6th October. In china its normal to break up the business into several different separate businesses. You can imagine that I wasn’t best pleased to hear this and explain my story in best in broken Chinese and English , thankfully I found one diamond in a sea of DJI employees, Stephen Chen ( my hero ) , this guy went off after hearing my story and phoned his boss and also the boss of the service department where they both agree my idea of handing over a new boxed and sealed Spark so I could be on my happy way , they even activated the new spark in store and i brought the dji care insurance to ease the pain of future issues.

One thread with one individual who has come to one satisfied result!  Congrats, and I hope that our moderators will take this feedback to their company and superiors on how these simple things can make a huge impact on customers.
2017-10-3
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
China

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-10-3 08:14
One thread with one individual who has come to one satisfied result!  Congrats, and I hope that our moderators will take this feedback to their company and superiors on how these simple things can make a huge impact on customers.

Agreed, there is a lot of DJI bashing on here and sometimes rightly so because DJI is struggling to become that global company in such a sort time , with its roots in Asia the customer experience is very different , I can tell you the customer is always wrong here and being western makes things worst.
For sure DJI still have a big issue with the Spark range , we really are beta testing for the company , issues still bound with the battery switching off and mechanical problems with the battery assembly, this afternoon I saw three more crashed Sparks with potential battery issues - ok my Chinese not best but I’m a good reader of body language and can see the interest show in me whilst in the store.
Again thanks to Stephen Chen from DJI Shenzhen OTC store.
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

m1n1s Posted at 2017-10-3 08:07

Sorry for the unpleasant experience, and it is so glad to hear that Stephen Chen helped you out. I'll report it to the management and keep improving to provide you all better service. Hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-10-9
Use props
fansf2201f42
New

That still didn’t solve the issue of the ssid’s not matching
2018-10-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

fansf2201f42 Posted at 2018-10-4 19:41
That still didn’t solve the issue of the ssid’s not matching

For OP it does with the new Spark in the flagship store.

Thanks for the idea with kitty hawk
I had one of mine  in service, think I got a brandnew back (flying well, thanks DJI), and will now check if my old SN is still my actual SN in the bird.
Knocking on wood ;-)
2018-10-4
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Nice story. Here in Europe, my experience with DJI service is good. After bricked RC i got a new one. Now the AC is on its way to the repairshop in the Netherlands, and im am absolutly sure i will have it back in no time. Anyhow about SN and refurbishing. I think when theu refurbish, its mainly change of inside electronics. Normally parts follow with new SN and board related information. I gues the person who did the refurbish, just forgot to put  a new label on the Spark.. thats anyhow my humble guess..
2018-10-5
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

wimherman Posted at 2018-10-5 00:20
Nice story. Here in Europe, my experience with DJI service is good. After bricked RC i got a new one. Now the AC is on its way to the repairshop in the Netherlands, and im am absolutly sure i will have it back in no time. Anyhow about SN and refurbishing. I think when theu refurbish, its mainly change of inside electronics. Normally parts follow with new SN and board related information. I gues the person who did the refurbish, just forgot to put  a new label on the Spark.. thats anyhow my humble guess..

A new sticker, one way to do it.
With all this registration stuff and insurances, I would really like it a lot better if they would change the serial on a changed bird to the one, the bird had when it got send to the service.
Like when you get a new frame for a motorcycle: Stamped in is the old number!
Thats actually why I wanna check on my serviced bird: It looked so new, not a single little scratch, but came with the old serial in the old box.
I am happy, in case it still has the old serial.
Not so, if the bird has a new one ;-)
2018-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules