DJI "Shameless" handling of the "Stolen Drones in Transit"
2663 30 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 893963 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for leaving us all us PAYING CUSTOMERS in the dark and treating us like complete idiots. Many of us from all around the world have purchased DJI Spark and other DJI Drones to find they wont activate. Everytime I have emailed or spoke to Technical Support(Jokers) I have come away with NOTHING!!!
YOU refuse to answer my questions on whether its been stolen or not, give me useless solutions to why it isnt activating!!!
Do you know how much damage you are causing to people who bought your products and you have just laughed at over last 2 weeks???

I sincerly hope you solve this issue and think long and hard how you have handled this situation because you have lost alot of loyal customers who pay your wages at the end of the day, by keeping them in the dark and treating us like complete idiots!!!

Please tell me you are going to offer everyone who innocently got themselves dragged into this a huge mess of yours a BIG discount to ensure they stay loyal to your brand, because if you dont I will be one of them that doesnt buy your brand again and I will make sure as many people as possible get to know about this and I know there are many others who will follow suite???

2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Lets see how it takes for this post to be removed by DJI
2017-10-3
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

What is this about?
Where did you buy?
In my case, the shop opened a new box and activated it direct over the counter.

So please try to stay calm and tell us about the problem with this.
Maybe it helps to get you the solution, you are looking for.
2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-10-3 04:17
What is this about?
Where did you buy?
In my case, the shop opened a new box and activated it direct over the counter.

Read the post further down the Forum list called Spark Activation Server Error to find out exactly what I am so annoyed about. Thanks
2017-10-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It would be a lot better if you explained what you are talking about, it makes no sense the way you put it in your thread , if your looking for help, stop the useless ranting and explain what your problem is , all I can make out of it is you don’t care about getting your aircraft activated, your more interested in compensation, and that says enough for me.
2017-10-3
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-3 04:33
It would be a lot better if you explained what you are talking about, it makes no sense the way you put it in your thread , if your looking for help, stop the useless ranting and explain what your problem is , all I can make out of it is you don’t care about getting your aircraft activated, your more interested in compensation, and that says enough for me.

Agreed. Especially if there's already a post that was previously created.
2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-3 04:33

Read the post further down the Forum list called Spark Activation Server Error to find out exactly what I am so annoyed about. Thanks

I do not need to explain to you what the issue is, this post is directed at DJI and they are fully aware of what is going on and how they have screwed over everyone who bought one of there drones. DJI have blocked a load of drones they suspect was STOLEN IN TRANSIT, but they refuse to acknowledge this or tell anyone who has contacted them like myself regarding this. How would you feel if you bought a drone and it wouldnt activate and when you contact the supplier they feed you bull sh1t instead of the truth why I am sitting with a expensive brick that cant activate. Its 2 weeks already and still no definitive answer from DJI.  
2017-10-3
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-3 04:54

I do not need to explain to you what the issue is, this post is directed at DJI and they are fully aware of what is going on and how they have screwed over everyone who bought one of there drones. DJI have blocked a load of drones they suspect was STOLEN IN TRANSIT, but they refuse to acknowledge this or tell anyone who has contacted them like myself regarding this. How would you feel if you bought a drone and it wouldnt activate and when you contact the supplier they feed you bull sh1t instead of the truth why I am sitting with a expensive brick that cant activate. Its 2 weeks already and still no definitive answer from DJI.

I think I have the picture now, as to the concern and complaint.  One must admit though that this started out in a confusing manner.  I know lower in the post you get to the heart of the matter, but there were three different "take-aways" contained in the original post, and I was having difficulty tracking your primary intent.

This is what I think is happening:  You received a drone, it wouldn't activate, and through interaction with someone (at DJI?) you determined that there was a stolen shipment of drones and that they suspect you are in possession of one of those stolen drones, and therefore they are unwilling to activate the drone.  Is that correct?

If I'm right, what is the desired result you would like to achieve?
2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-10-3 05:10
I think I have the picture now, as to the concern and complaint.  One must admit though that this started out in a confusing manner.  I know lower in the post you get to the heart of the matter, but there were three different "take-aways" contained in the original post, and I was having difficulty tracking your primary intent.

This is what I think is happening:  You received a drone, it wouldn't activate, and through interaction with someone (at DJI?) you determined that there was a stolen shipment of drones and that they suspect you are in possession of one of those stolen drones, and therefore they are unwilling to activate the drone.  Is that correct?

That partly correct, DJI have refused to say that there was any problems even though everytime I tried to Activate it it said Server Error, so I contacted the Tech support who told me my drone is already activated and there is nothing wrong with the server. I then read on DJI forum that someone who has the same issue as me was told by a dealer they (DJI) have blocked a load of Drones due to grey imports. Most suppliers terms are you return the drone within 2 weeks and DJI know this but everytime I asked them if there is another issue they said no and I need to reinstall the software on my phone. So I did this on my iphone and still it asked me to acitivate it so I contacted them again and they said I must get a andriod phone to try out, well I only have apple and have no other access to a andriod phone. But why should I have to go and do that when loads of other people have said they are having the same issue with andriod phones. Then 2 weeks later I read on the forum that there is a batch of possible stolen drones and they are blocked and cant be used and now there are loads of us sitting with expensive bricks that cant be taken back because DJI have been lying to us about the actual issue and not saying from the begining that they have blocked all the serial numbers!!!
2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-10-3 05:10

I want to DJI to tell the truth and to sort this mess out so I can do what I intended to do and fly my drone I bought in good faith from a supplier. So yes want DJI to compenssate me and the others for this horrible mess they have caused.
2017-10-3
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-3 05:20
I want to DJI to tell the truth and to sort this mess out so I can do what I intended to do and fly my drone I bought in good faith from a supplier. So yes want DJI to compenssate me and the others for this horrible mess they have caused.

OK, thanks for the clarity.  This isn't a case where the forum participants can offer any assistance, and this is solely and totally in the hands of DJI.  Hopefully the moderators can offer you assistance.
2017-10-3
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there a specific Vendor of DJI Drones we need to be wary of?
2017-10-3
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Not all of us have issues with DJI processes.  Sorry for your frustration and hope you get your issue resolved soon.
2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JCStorbeck Posted at 2017-10-3 05:44
Is there a specific Vendor of DJI Drones we need to be wary of?

I really dont know as DJI will not confirm anything regarding stolen drones even though Mods have told people there drones are stolen on this forum, hence why they are not activating. But I can tell you it all seems very odd as alot of people having this problem are from all parts of the world so I dont understand how they were stolen in transit and still managed to get to the different suppliers around the world who then sold them on with out any problems. DJI should put out a list of serial numbers on this forum to show which ones are blocked and stolen. Every single time I have called DJI Technical support to report the issue that my drone still wont activate after doing what they suggested in the numerous emails I have from my open case they refuse to answer my question of: Is there a batch of stolen drones out there and have you blocked there serial numbers and is that why my drone wont activate. They wont answer that question.
2017-10-3
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-3 05:53
I really dont know as DJI will not confirm anything regarding stolen drones even though Mods have told people there drones are stolen on this forum, hence why they are not activating. But I can tell you it all seems very odd as alot of people having this problem are from all parts of the world so I dont understand how they were stolen in transit and still managed to get to the different suppliers around the world who then sold them on with out any problems. DJI should put out a list of serial numbers on this forum to show which ones are blocked and stolen. Every single time I have called DJI Technical support to report the issue that my drone still wont activate after doing what they suggested in the numerous emails I have from my open case they refuse to answer my question of: Is there a batch of stolen drones out there and have you blocked there serial numbers and is that why my drone wont activate. They wont answer that question.

If DJI has reported information about stolen drones to any sort of legal authority or their insurance company, then they are not obligated to provide a list of stolen serial numbers.

They could be part of an active investigation and that means that many times companies are advised to keep information that is shared to a minimum.
2017-10-3
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-3 05:53

Where did you purchase your Spark from?  What store in what country?
2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-3 06:39
Where did you purchase your Spark from?  What store in what country?

I purchased it in the UK but will not publicly say who the supplier was due to legal reasons as DJI are already aware of where I bought it from etc
The problem is that loads of people from all over the world are having the same activation issues and some have been told by the mods on here that there drones are stolen and that is in several different countries around the world.
2017-10-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-3 06:43
I purchased it in the UK but will not publicly say who the supplier was due to legal reasons as DJI are already aware of where I bought it from etc
The problem is that loads of people from all over the world are having the same activation issues and some have been told by the mods on here that there drones are stolen and that is in several different countries around the world.

I’m sure whoever you purchased from has to meet his obligations to you as your contract is with him and not dji, this should be a simple matter of asking him for a new spark with a SN that will activate or your money back, why do you feel you have to take on dji if your contract was with someone else.

If you purchased a Sony tv from Curry’s and it had a problem would you go back to Curry’s or Sony, I’m thinking you would be straight round to Curry’s.
2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-3 06:52
I’m sure whoever you purchased from has to meet his obligations to you as your contract is with him and not dji, this should be a simple matter of asking him for a new spark with a SN that will activate or your money back, why do you feel you have to take on dji if your contract was with someone else.

If you purchased a Sony tv from Curry’s and it had a problem would you go back to Curry’s or Sony, I’m thinking you would be straight round to Curry’s.

Again you are being idiot and making comments that dont help, if you dont like what I am saying tough. DJI have agents all over the world who sell on there behalf and DJI offer the Technical Support hence why there is a number to call to speak to them to try resolve your issues with your DJI product or email of cause. The supplier I bought it from doesnt offer tech support and referred me to DJI. The supplier is in the same boat as me, he is trying to deal with the fall out DJI has caused and not getting any support or info from DJI re this issue. He cant give me a refund because the 2 week period of refund set by DJi has elapsed because DJI have not been open or honest about the issue with anyone.
2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-3 06:52

hallmark007 the seller is not responsible for ACTIVATING the DJI Drone, DJI are thats why you have to register and sign up to DJI so you activate your DJI drone so it will fly, that has nothing to do with the agent who sold me the drone. So stop with smart arse remarks!!!
2017-10-3
Use props
D-DWL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-3 07:02
Again you are being idiot and making comments that dont help, if you dont like what I am saying tough. DJI have agents all over the world who sell on there behalf and DJI offer the Technical Support hence why there is a number to call to speak to them to try resolve your issues with your DJI product or email of cause. The supplier I bought it from doesnt offer tech support and referred me to DJI. The supplier is in the same boat as me, he is trying to deal with the fall out DJI has caused and not getting any support or info from DJI re this issue. He cant give me a refund because the 2 week period of refund set by DJi has elapsed because DJI have not been open or honest about the issue with anyone.

Your contract is with the seller not DJI. Under UK consumer law if a product is faulty you are entitled for a full refund within a 30 day period, regardless of what DJI might tell you!

"Under the Consumer Rights Act you have a legal right to reject goods  that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as  described, and get a full refund - as long as you do this quickly. This  right is limited to 30 days from the date you buy your product. After  30 days, you will not be legally entitled to a full refund if your item  develops a fault, although some sellers may offer you an extended refund  period. "

"If you are outside the 30-day right to reject, you  have to give the  retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any goods or digital  content which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as  described. You can state your preference, but the retailer can normally choose whichever would be cheapest or easier for it to do.
If  the attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful, you can then  claim a refund or a price reduction if you wish to keep the product."
2017-10-3
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-3 07:02

Calling people who are trying to help Idiots may help explain why you aren't getting help.   If you bought a stolen drone from a store in the UK, then they bought a stolen drone to sell to you.  Why would this be DJI issue and not an issue with you and the store?
2017-10-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-3 07:07
hallmark007 the seller is not responsible for ACTIVATING the DJI Drone, DJI are thats why you have to register and sign up to DJI so you activate your DJI drone so it will fly, that has nothing to do with the agent who sold me the drone. So stop with smart arse remarks!!!

I will refer you to this link you might read it.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

I wasn’t trying to be a smart A## and I’m not an idiot, but from what you said you wanted to do with your drone what was intended to fly.
Well you are legally bound to the vendor you purchased your drone from if he purchased this drone from dji with a SN that can’t be activated then this is his problem not yours, you are well within your rights to get your money back or a workable drone, if you feel this is not the case then maybe you can explain how some one who sells a product to someone can be completely absolved from all responsibility, particularly if he was selling you stolen goods.
As I have read in thread about this SN saga there are many who have just returned there spark to vendors when they couldn’t activate their drones.
So it’s clear this would solve your problem much quicker and would be the best approach for you.
2017-10-3
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

In my opinion:

Go to the dealer who sold you the drone.
Tell him, if you can't activate it than it seems to be not a working product.
The dealer has either to refund you or clear that with the activation process for you.

I do not know, where you bought it from, but isn't there a dealer responsibility too?
You did not buy it direct from DJI, so there is another instance to involve.
And this instance has your money
2017-10-3
Use props
nedwrecks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80886 ft
United States

I suspect it was purchased from a private party (who has likely been selling them all over the net).  If so,  I am afraid OP is probably SOL.  I don't think DJI is under any obligation to activate a SPARK that they weren't paid for.   
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

I am sorry to read on your experience. Are you still having issues activating your aircraft? Can you provide a ticket number or point of reference that I can review on your conversation with us? Please remember, in order to activate via the DJI servers you'll need an internet connection, thus your home network.
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-3 03:46
Lets see how it takes for this post to be removed by DJI

Nobody is looking to remove the post. Actually, we are here to help. Can  you send me a personal message? Please refer to this post so I can best assisst.
2017-10-3
Use props
zxit
New

United States

I was wondering, what if the spark was returned to the store but had already been activated and the purchaser did not like the drone. Would that prevent the activation of the spark?

2017-10-4
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just to let the administrators and those of you that have offered me help over the last few weeks to say my rant is now over and I apologise to anyone I offended in the process but it certainly stressed me out buying a very expensive man toy to find it doesnt work and cant get answers from anyone at DJI why it wont work!
I have now sent it back to the Supplier who has in turn refunded me my money.
I have been in a very long and drawn out email stream with DJI Support regarding this issue of FAILED ACTIVATION ETC and still none the wiser. My last email from DJI Support/Tech asked me for my s/n so they could see if mine was one of the many blocked ones that was stolen in transit. I called at the beginning of the week and spoke to a techie again who said I should wait for 48 hrs for a response to the s/n investigation. This morning I got a reply saying sorry for the delay but have you spoken to your dealer. NOTHING about wether its a stolen drone or just a faulty drone. Anyway the end.
Now I need to decide if I want to spend my money on another DJi product, but what scares me is this awful experience I have had dealing with them and just wonder how I should proceed.
2017-10-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-6 02:27
Just to let the administrators and those of you that have offered me help over the last few weeks to say my rant is now over and I apologise to anyone I offended in the process but it certainly stressed me out buying a very expensive man toy to find it doesnt work and cant get answers from anyone at DJI why it wont work!
I have now sent it back to the Supplier who has in turn refunded me my money.
I have been in a very long and drawn out email stream with DJI Support regarding this issue of FAILED ACTIVATION ETC and still none the wiser. My last email from DJI Support/Tech asked me for my s/n so they could see if mine was one of the many blocked ones that was stolen in transit. I called at the beginning of the week and spoke to a techie again who said I should wait for 48 hrs for a response to the s/n investigation. This morning I got a reply saying sorry for the delay but have you spoken to your dealer. NOTHING about wether its a stolen drone or just a faulty drone. Anyway the end.

Good so you got somewhat sorted. My advice is buy direct from dji the distribute through UK you would have your spark in a couple of days.
Yes it can be infuriating dealing with the CS , but if you have a problem best to get a case number come along here and ask one of the moderators to escalate your case and try to have as little dealings with CS .

I think you will love this little drone once you get it working.
Good Luck.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thread closed because second post from OP breaks forum rules. Glad the issue is somewhat resolved, though.
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules