Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Issue during dual operator config
4856 22 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd528f9e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2913648 ft
United States

We've been flying the M210 for a little over a month doing inspections and so far very happy with the vast majority of things. HOWEVER....

One thing we have notice and reported to our dealer and a couple of others is the problem with gimbal mode when running the Cendence as the master controller and and I2 rc as the slave.

The issue I am about to describe completely disapears when using an I2 rc as the Master, and either the cendence or another I2 rc as the slave.

When the cendence is the master and I2 rc is the slave, and the gimbal control is selected on the master, you can see the gimbal mode switch randomly from Free to FPV every couple of seconds. you can select Free, but it will not stay in that mode. When gimbal control is selected on the slave I2, it looks like everything is fine until you pan the camera left or right. the camera pans but then bounces back to center position (FPV).

We have been able to duplicate this on multiple M210's and multiple cendence radios. Matter of fact we have not been able to get it to work on any of the gear we have tested.

Again, as soon as we pair an I2 rc as the master the issue goes away.

Other than being disappointed that I have a cendence sitting on the bench, we have been able to work around it with two I2 rc's. BUT.......

From everything I have read so far, is that the Cendence as the master is requried for the RTK configuration, and we have multiple on order. This issue will be a mission killer for our type of two man inspections.

One of the challenges I am feeling is whether enough people have tested this to see and report it, and if DJI knows this issue exists.... and if they do, is a resolution coming.

Here is a video show the best I could of the issue. note that when I get my phone around the gear, there is a loud clicking interference.. (not related, but hope it doestesnt distract too much)

2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Hi, I am going to get you an answer on this issue. Please allow time for a response. You can also send me a personal message as well.
2017-10-3
Use props
fansd528f9e0
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-3 08:52
Hi, I am going to get you an answer on this issue. Please allow time for a response. You can also send me a personal message as well.

Thanks @DJI-Mark
2017-10-3
Use props
fansb92e8a53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1696079 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Same problem here.
Situation: I sold this configuration to some projects / customers and it doesn't work. That's a big issue!
Please keep me informed as well.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Is it possible that the Cendence is not in Master mode? Check page 50 to make sure you are following proper procedure: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
2017-10-11
Use props
Ueli
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-11 08:06
Is it possible that the Cendence is not in Master mode? Check page 50 to make sure you are following proper procedure: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/M200/20170930/Matrice_210_210_RTK_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Master / Slave configuration is correct, just controlled it and tried again.
This issue makes it impossible to operate with master / slave.
As slave I used I2 remote controller with IPad or Android tablet - same issue.

The configuration Cendence / CrystalSky / M210 / Z30 has lots of issues. I could list them up, it's a list of about 10 - 20 issues which i was confronted with in very short time. I hope, DJI is working on them.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Ueli Posted at 2017-10-14 04:55
Master / Slave configuration is correct, just controlled it and tried again.
This issue makes it impossible to operate with master / slave.
As slave I used I2 remote controller with IPad or Android tablet - same issue.

You may want to consider having a technician look at your remote. You can start the process here: http://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav       
2017-10-14
Use props
Ueli
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-14 05:10
You may want to consider having a technician look at your remote. You can start the process here: http://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav

Hi Mark,
we are a dealer and I checked this configuration on 3 independent drones / RCs. Result was exactly the same, for every device.
I will report it on the site you posted.
2017-10-15
Use props
fansd528f9e0
lvl.1
United States

thanks for keeping the conversation going. This is a very frustrating issue.
2017-10-16
Use props
Exploringimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3514751 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I have exactly the same problem as described above, and several of the Danish operators with M210 with Cendence as master and I2 RC as Slave has this problem. Please DJI come up with a solution/software update. This is a professional setup, and you need to support it as that.

Look forward to a solution on this problem, to this in any other way great product.
2017-10-17
Use props
fans37898345
lvl.3
United States

Unfortunately I am having the same issue as described above!  I will follow this thread with anticipation of a quick solution DJI!

I was really looking forward to dual operator with the new Cendence, but after a long painful wait and the loss of our prime seasons here in northern Michigan I am very disheartened with issues like this.  This seems to be a major issue for a product which took 6 months to obtain.  By the time spring rolls around again I'm hoping we have the bugs worked out.  Perhaps DJI should consider extending our DJI REFRESH for an additional year! After all, what is the point in buying the refresh if you are stuck on the bench?
2017-11-11
Use props
fans37898345
lvl.3
United States

I discovered today that when I set the Cendence as slave and the I2 controller as master then the gimbal seems to work properly without recentering constantly. This isn't a solution if you want to use the Cendence as master but may get you by until DJI produces a "finished" product instead of making us pay to test their prototypes.
2017-11-12
Use props
dronie326
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
United States

Will the M210 pair with an I1 RC? Assuming it has to be an I2 RC..?
2017-11-16
Use props
dronie326
lvl.4
United States

Also, has anyone had luck using a Cendence for both Master and Slave? It sounds like the problem would still persist but just curious if that configuration has been tried.
2017-11-16
Use props
GSanchez50
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1321427 ft
United States

I myself have the same issue. All this happened upon updating the system. We use our M200 system paired with the Z30 camera to inspect bridges here in Illinois. I have an I2 master, I2 slave and have the same issue where the Z30 kicks back into FPV mode after seconds of having it in free mode.
Issues like these is why I am very hesitant to updating my DJI products once everything is working right with previous updates.

Note: Camera, Aircraft, and remote were updated 11-16-2017.
2017-11-18
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

I have 2 cendence RC's and I don't have these problems, neither with my X4S and my Z30. I only have problems with the XT. For X4S and Z30 I can use DJI GO 4 app, but for the XT I must use DJI Pilot app, and that gives me a lot of trouble. I am mailing with DJI support on daily base and they help me fine, but the problem still is in the Pilot app (with is a beta version).
2017-12-9
Use props
dronie326
lvl.4
United States

Can dual operator mode be used with two cameras? (X4s and Z30)
Dual cameras would mean using DJI Pilot App and when I open that app I don't see any options for pairing a slave remote.
2018-1-3
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.4
Belgium

dronie326 Posted at 2018-1-3 14:44
Can dual operator mode be used with two cameras? (X4s and Z30)
Dual cameras would mean using DJI Pilot App and when I open that app I don't see any options for pairing a slave remote.

Hi dronie326. Dual operator mode can be used with two cameras using DJI Pilot App, but to set the slave remote controller you need to set it in DJI GO 4 app. I have 2 solutions for your problem:
1 you mount the single downward gimbal and use the DJI GO 4 app to set master and slave (not the best solution, I know)
2 when mounted the dual single downward gimbal, just mount 1 camera and let the second gimbal free. So you can open the DJI GO 4 app and you won't be prompted to use the DJI Pilot App. In the DJI GO 4 App, you can set master and slave. After you have done that, you must open on the slave the DJI GO 4 app as well and take over the control of the gimbal. Then switch off the M210, mount the second camera, switch on the M210, open on master and slave the DJI Pilot app and the master can control the drone and the slave can control the gimbal. This is the best solution. But 1 remark on this: when the drone is airborne with the slave RC has controls on the cameras, the master can NOT regain control of the gimbals/cameras. You have to put down the drone, unmount 1 camera and go back to the DJI GO4 app to set the controls of the gimbals back to the master.
As I said before, I was mailing on daily base with the support of DJI because I did a lot of testings with the DJI Pilot App. He has forwarded everything to a senior engineer. One example of a big big problem: the person who uses the slave controller with the DJI Pilot app can redefine all the parameters such as return to home altitude. In DJI GO 4 app, the slave controller only controls the gimbals (and this is what it is meant to be).
My best regards,
Dominique
2018-1-3
Use props
dronie326
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the tip!
2018-1-8
Use props
dronie326
lvl.4
United States

Has anyone had this issue? Whenever I have two cameras mounted and a master/slave setup everything works fine until I try to switch between the camera displays. They switch fine but the view is a really small thumbnail size and will not expand to fit the screen. The only way to get back to the full screen is to exit the DJI Pilot app and reopen it.

2018-1-11
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.4
Belgium

dronie326 Posted at 2018-1-11 13:14
Has anyone had this issue? Whenever I have two cameras mounted and a master/slave setup everything works fine until I try to switch between the camera displays. They switch fine but the view is a really small thumbnail size and will not expand to fit the screen. The only way to get back to the full screen is to exit the DJI Pilot app and reopen it.

https://youtu.be/mHY87QTzgls

Hi dronie326. I never had this issue before. But someone else on the forum has the same. Look for this topic in the matrice200 forum:
Dual payloads - switching between cameras - Error
2018-1-12
Use props
The Polymath
lvl.3
Flight distance : 644672 ft
United States

this bouncing / recentering problem is not Cendence exclusive.  I'm having the exact same issue with dual control with an I2 and I2 master / slave controllers.   This seems to be a software / configuration issue.
2019-1-8
Use props
The Polymath
lvl.3
Flight distance : 644672 ft
United States

The Polymath Posted at 1-8 14:07
this bouncing / recentering problem is not Cendence exclusive.  I'm having the exact same issue with dual control with an I2 and I2 master / slave controllers.   This seems to be a software / configuration issue.

so after unlinking and relinking the slave controller, i still had the bouncing issue. I have just updated the firmware on the slave controller and my issues have since vanished... I'm not sure if this will help when adding a Cendence in the mix as the master, but my combination on dual I2 controllers works again.

in short, it seems that my issue was caused by inconsistent firmware revisions on each transmitter.

Aloha
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules