Minimum Lux for Follow Me with ND6 filter?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Anyone know if or what the minimum lux light level is for the X5S camera required to keep a tracking lock on a subject if one is also using a six-stop ND filter for cinema, or if it will work properly if a heavy ND filter is applied?

I've found the Focus Peaking often is erratic with a strong ND filter and might that also affect the tracking ability too?  Concerned it might do a fly-away if it loses the tracking.

2017-10-3
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just for the sake of accuracy, follow-me is an older IOC function that uses GPS in or attached to the RC. In Inspire 1, the RC has a built-in GPS, while the I2 has an optional GPS available in the DJI Store. Follow-me tries to maintain a fixed distance from the local RC GPS and is not dependent on the camera fov.

It's Active Track and Spotlight Pro that uses the camera fov to identify and track an object. On page 22 of the I2 user manual documentation, it specifies that Active Track works best when the lux is between 300 lux and 10,000 lux. It's likely that Spotlight Pro uses the same parameters for establishing the software confidence level for tracking. If the environment with your ND filter drops to unacceptable tracking confidence, then the I2 will hover in place when it can no longer identify the subject/object......
2017-10-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Thanks!

I went out in bright sun and my meter read 80,000 lux, and putting a 6-stop ND on it put it at 1,000 lux so I should be good to go being >300 lux.
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules