Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Issue Updating Focus Motor Firmware
3977 14 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OliJev
lvl.1
United States

Hi there,
I am having an issue updating the Focus Motor Radio Firmware. I have succesfully run the firmware updates for the Focus Remote, Focus Remote Radio and the Focus Motor. The Focus Motor Radio failed twice and now won't show up in the update window. This means I can not use the Focus Motor wirelessly as the Focus Remote will no longer connect. I have tried re-updating each unit with no success. Any help would be greatly appriciated!
2017-10-3
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

This also happened to me.  I sent it in and they sent it back without fixing it.  It took over a month.  DJI _____________!!!!!! NO FIX, unbelievable, completely unbelievable.  
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Did  you try to update through the Assistant Software? If you are using an App to update the firmware, is the mobile device linked to a Wi Fi modem? What type of mobile device are you using?
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-10-7 13:22
This also happened to me.  I sent it in and they sent it back without fixing it.  It took over a month.  DJI _____________!!!!!! NO FIX, unbelievable, completely unbelievable.

Sorry to read on this, can you provide me a Repair ID? What is going on with your product now?
2017-10-9
Use props
OliJev
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-9 08:20
Did  you try to update through the Assistant Software? If you are using an App to update the firmware, is the mobile device linked to a Wi Fi modem? What type of mobile device are you using?

I have tried force updating both the Controller and the Motor. The upgrades seem to work fine but the motor still doesn't connect wirelessly and the Follow Focus Motor Radio firmware option won't show up in the assistant at all.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

OliJev Posted at 2017-10-9 15:25
I have tried force updating both the Controller and the Motor. The upgrades seem to work fine but the motor still doesn't connect wirelessly and the Follow Focus Motor Radio firmware option won't show up in the assistant at all.

Can you try reinstalling the Assistant software to see if it will pick up?
2017-10-10
Use props
OliJev
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-10 06:49
Can you try reinstalling the Assistant software to see if it will pick up?

I also tried that... is there a way to send the firmware file as a separate download?
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

OliJev Posted at 2017-10-10 06:59
I also tried that... is there a way to send the firmware file as a separate download?

All firmware updates are through the Assistant software. Therefore, if it is not reading on your computer, please try a different USB port, recheck the USB cable to ensure it's working properly. If you are on a PC, make sure the drivers are installed properly. Please review the firmware update instructions on page 20  http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/f ... _Manual_v1.2_en.pdf

Here is a link to any downloads for the Focus. http://www.dji.com/focus/info?si ... te_search#downloads

In the manual, I would also check the troubleshooting area as this may be the cause of your issue. Let us know if this helps: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/f ... _Manual_v1.2_en.pdf
2017-10-10
Use props
OliJev
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-10 07:20
All firmware updates are through the Assistant software. Therefore, if it is not reading on your computer, please try a different USB port, recheck the USB cable to ensure it's working properly. If you are on a PC, make sure the drivers are installed properly. Please review the firmware update instructions on page 20  http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/focus/en/DJI_Focus_User_Manual_v1.2_en.pdf

Here is a link to any downloads for the Focus. http://www.dji.com/focus/info?site=brandsite&from=insite_search#downloads

I have made sure that I am following all the steps in the manual and still no luck. I have attached a photo showing which firmware updates appear in the Assistant. Motor Radio update will not show...

Also, currently, on your website the Assistant software download for the focus is v.2.4 and for the Ronin is v.2.5 but they are the same piece of software...  I assume that is an error and I should be using 2.5 to update?

Also, the current manual available for the Follow Focus doesn't make any mention of the menu item "Connect RC" in the Settings menu of the remote. What is this supposed to do?
Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 2.42.04 PM.png
2017-10-11
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-9 08:20

Ill try and update you
2017-10-12
Use props
makiyang
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-10-16
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.1

United States

any luck? what are you running it on?
2017-10-31
Use props
OliJev
lvl.1
United States

I finally got in touch with DJI Support and sent in both the controller and the motor for diagnostic. It seems that, when running the firmware update, it fried the receiver board. At least that's what they said the problem was. So beware, running an approved firmware update can literally destroy your device and you'll have to pay. They charged me for a new motor. Will be back shortly. Hope it works. Terrible customer service and business practice.
2017-11-2
Use props
fansd0ac740f
New

Réunion

Hi every one ! I have met the same problem and find a solution !!!  I switch on the both device (remote and receiver), then I push the button power + reset on the remote, it switch of, I did the same on the follow focus receiver. And the it connect ! I have done this combination 3 times, it works ;)
2018-3-30
Use props
OliJev
lvl.1
United States

Just  wanted to post an update. My focus thumbwheel still doesn't connect to the focus motor. Currently it's completely useless. The only thing that did come out of all this is that when I ran the firmware update on my focus motor it to fried itself. Sent it back to DJI and they charged me for a new (refurbished) one. That's all i've heard from them. No one from DJI on their forum, service team, facebook or any social media can give me any concrete answer or solution. Total waste of time and money and horrendous customer service so far.
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules