Las Vegas: The Wheel of Misfortune - Abandoned mine
1175 5 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAVNV
lvl.2

United States

The abandoned Manganese Ore (AKA) Three Kids Mine has a battle born history from 1917-1961.

In 2012, artist "Aware" entered the abandoned mining site just outside Las Vegas and painted a massive wheel, based on the American TV game show "Wheel of Fortune". Filmed in 2017, Various messages have been left on and around the wheel, from graffiti artists to visitors leaving messages of inspiration & misfortune.finished this video at a tragic time, I'd like to dedicate it to the lives lost on October 1st, 2017.

2017-10-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Looks awfully dark to me.
2017-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great video. Loved the first half a lot.
After that (when the beat kicks in) I got a bit lost. The music got distracting and the shots were more or less repeating itself.
I would have tried a long fast flight over the site and took off high in the end and possibly stop there.
Where did you find the music?
2017-10-3
Use props
Six6Sics #666
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164236 ft
Australia

that is seriously one of the best MP videos I've seen.....

I personally love the cinematic "darkness"

The whole vibe of mystery about abandoned mills/factories etc really interests me.

Thanks
2017-10-3
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

What a great site to film.  I also found the moves too fast in several places.  Slower yaws would have helped a lot.  I know on one scene, when you were straight above the wheel and rotating fast, that you were simulating a roulette wheel.  That one was clever.  But many of the other quick moves simply started to make me dizzy.  
2017-10-3
Use props
UAVNV
lvl.2

United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-3 17:58
What a great site to film.  I also found the moves too fast in several places.  Slower yaws would have helped a lot.  I know on one scene, when you were straight above the wheel and rotating fast, that you were simulating a roulette wheel.  That one was clever.  But many of the other quick moves simply started to make me dizzy.

Yes I agree it is a bit much! did not have much footage for the length of the audio, that one last flyover was pretty much it, it was a dusty location and such a windy day. Sometimes less is more Thanks for all the great feedback!
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules