CrystalSky and Phantom 4 issues
1405 7 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TriProt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2139150 ft
United States

Frustrated doesn't begin to describe how I feel towards DJI right now. This drone has been in for repair 5 times since the end of 2016. I basically have not been able to fly the entire year so far because of the Android issues and I doubted it will ever get fixed, so I purchased a 8" CS thinking a device specifically made for the drone would eliminate all the issues I had using a Nexus 9 (which worked perfectly when I first bought the P4). So I plug it in and the RC wouldnt connect, it seemed as tho the signal was not being passed thru the mount properly. The status LED on the RC was not red, green or blue, it was off completely. This was repair #5 and I requested in writing that they let me know what thre issue was and what they did to fix it, which was ignored. I have no idea what they did, but after getting shipped back I plug it in and it connects. I thought finally we are getting somewhere...
The past 2 days I have been testing and ran thru several battery packs each day. The app still crashes mid flight and has several bugs. The controls still operate, but there is no display. I feel like a real sucker right now because I am having some of the same issues I had before. Here are some findings:

1. During initial testing of flying in normal mode I was able to run thru 2 battery packs with no issues at all. The display was smooth and bright.
2. I started flying in the different modes. One bug I noticed was in Draw mode. After drawing a route the entire UI of the Go app dissappeared, as if the mode went into "full screen". I could not back out or do anything to get the UI back. The only thing I could do was apply the setting. After doing so the P4 started flying away and I had no control and had no way to turn off/pause the mode. Luckily the pause button on the RC worked.
3. At random times I get the notification the app has stopped while the app is still working. I can close the notification and continue flying.
4. On both test days at around twilight time, shortly after takeoff the display started to stutter a little, which seconds later turned in the screen hanging for a short time, which seconds later turned into the screen freezing. After a few more seconds the display went black. The RC controls still worked and luckily both times I was still in line of sight to be able to land it home. It may be coincidence it happened at same time each day or maybe the lower light condition triggered it.
5. After connecting to a PC to copy log files Windows10 detects a problem with the drive and recommends to scan/fix the drive. It appears something in the app is corrupting the storage that seems to be related to the flight modes.
6. After getting into the device, I notice there are no log files in the CRASH folder with the dates of the issues. There are some older dated files and soem log files in the other folders. I even tried connecting the CS to the PC while the issue was happening thinking the log file wasnt being saved after restart, but had no luck finding a log.

I really dread contacting phone support again. What are my options?

2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, I'm sorry to read your post and the unpleasant experience. We are keeping trying to improve the customer service and would like to bring better experience for the customers we valued.

As for the CrystalSky issue, may I know what's the current version? Please export the whole file of crash log, we'd like to look into the exact status: Backup&Reset>Copy crash logs to SD card.

Again, we apologize for all inconvenience and would like to try our best to help you.
2017-10-3
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
United States

Attached zip file contains info you requested. I was trying to look at that data but see that it is password protected, which seems odd. The main crashes I describe in my post happened on Sept. 30, Oct.1 and Oct. 2.

tombstones.zip

436.07 KB, Down times: 2

log package

2017-10-4
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
United States

About Device info

About Device

About Device
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you. I will forward it to our engineers to look into. Will get back to you once I heard something. Thank you so much of your patience.
2017-10-4
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
United States

bump to the top
2017-10-9
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
United States

It's been about 2 weeks since original post. Are you ever to respond DJI?
2017-10-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TriProt Posted at 2017-10-16 14:44
It's been about 2 weeks since original post. Are you ever to respond DJI?

Sorry to tell you this, but DJI have never been known to get back to the customer and explain what the problem was.
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules