Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
'Intricate Worlds' | Spark photo in Iceland's Highlands, Hverave...
744 5 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jose Ramos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 72825 ft
Portugal

FIRST published photo made with my DJI Spark Drone, showing one of the boiling geothermal pools in the fascinating region of Hveravellir, located in the Icelandic Highlands! The drone allowed me to create a photo I would have never done without the ability to "fly"!

"Intricate Worlds"
Watching the Earth's texture from above, through the freedom borrowed by the skies, new patterns are unveiled and creation breathes.

Before I start transferring and organizing the hundreds of Iceland photos made on this trip, there was one image made with my new Dji Spark drone that I wanted to share with you. This was shot in the Hveravellig geothermal area, located on the edge of the 8000 year old Kjalhraun lava field, showing one of the bubbling hot pools.
I had seen some very interesting photos of the place, but was quite disappointed when I realized there was lot of smoke coming from the fumaroles, and most of the bubbling pools were quite far aways from the camera, protected by ropes, to keep visitors from stepping on 100ºC soil. It was extremely difficult to find interesting angles, and then I decided to grab my Spark and try different approaches. Along with some video clips I started making vertical photos, and this composition really caught my eye!

These photos do not have the detail or dynamic range of landscape images made with my Sony a7R, but one thing is for sure: I would never be able to create this image with the best camera in the world. The feeling of freedom when flying a drone over such a stunning location is quite simply amazing, and I guess I'm getting a bit addicted to it.

Dji Spark Drone
Freewell Media polarizer filter
Manual photo mode - 1/40 seconds, ISO 100, f2.6

"Intricate Worlds" - Dji Spark

"Intricate Worlds" - Dji Spark
2017-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, almost looks like an alien eye!
2017-10-3
Use props
EskildS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 111650 ft
Norway

Amzing photo. At what altitude is this taken? So hard to tell. If you didn't know what it is, it could be anything. Cool!
2017-10-3
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's great to see the wonders of this Earth, without taking a long voyage. Thank you for sharing.
2017-10-3
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Wow. Just wow!
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Amazing shot, thanks for sharing!