2256 7 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Hey

Just wondering if there's any fix for this?

Any video I take always seems to have a magenta tinge to it, which on its own (if I'm just using x5 files) isn't usually hugely noticeable, but anytime I mix it with video taken from any other camera, it's immediately apparent how bad it is.

I've found it to happen alot in raw picture files too.

Am I missing some setting or firmware update to try and correct this?

thanks
2017-10-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Is this with the X5S camera?  If so, it seems to be a problem for a few years now, espcially in Manual White Balance mode.  I use a CC05 to CC10 Green filter in an old lens filter housing to correct for it and seems to vary between lenses used too.

Supposedly, they are going to fix in soon, or so Mindy said recently.

X5S Camera Magenta Tint

X5S Camera Magenta Tint
2017-10-3
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Ireland

I hope so.

It's been causing trouble for a client I've been working for, and I've no real way of fixing it.

Do you stack the green filter with your nd filter?
2017-10-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 2017-10-3 23:36
I hope so.

It's been causing trouble for a client I've been working for, and I've no real way of fixing it.

If I need the CC10 Green, I have a loose one cut out and just put it behind the ND, and they add no weight being thin polyester or gelatin.  Samy's Camera in Los Angeles sells the Lee Filters and some Hollywood cinema guys buy them to correct the camera tint issue.

CC05 Green: https://www.samys.com/p/Color-Co ... er-Filter/3920.html

CC10 Green: https://www.samys.com/p/Color-Co ... er-Filter/3920.html

I use a Fiskars Circle Cutter from the art shops to cut them out.
Cutter: https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-9 ... ement/dp/B0006HUJ0S

Hopefully, DJI will add a tint control like most cameras have to fix this.  It can vary with lenses and why I use the CC05 and CC10 Green both depending on the len's warmth and sundry lighting conditions.  They covered the Lab b-axis (Blue/Orange-Yellow) with the White Balance control, but completely neglected the a-axis (Magenta/Green) that better cameras have.

2017-10-4
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Ireland

thanks for that!

hopefully we'll see the firmware update soon!
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mike, could you please upload several footage to Dropbox and post the link here? I will feedback to our engineers for analysis, thanks.
2017-10-10
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Ireland

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1491200994305612&id=964772760281774

Just take a look at the attached video there.

Ive not done anything much with the colour in that apart from up the saturation a bit and change the exposure slightly in a few scenes.

In particular, look at the light shadow areas. I can send more examples of photos too if necessary.

It wouldn't be so bad if the tint affected the whole scene equally but it seems to appear the most in slightly shadowy areas.
2017-10-15
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Ireland

This isnt me but its another video i came across, he was testing the spotlight feature and its working perfectly from what ive seen in this video.

HOWEVER

watch the colour balance as the video goes on. are we going to see a way to set a custom colour balance anytime soon so we can get both the tint and the warmth of the video set at the start of each flight and it wont be changing to suit itself?
pay particular attention from around the 1 minute mark
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules