A lot of us are having this problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rick70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft
United States

Hello all... Was wondering if a P3 (Pro, Adv) remote and P4 (Std) controller are pretty much the same? Would a P3 controller fly a P4 drone? What changes would be necessary if it would work? My P4 controller will not charge. I have only 4 flights but haven't flown it since last year. Would a controller with the same model # (GL300C) work? Thanks for any input....
2017-10-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe it would work.
2017-10-3
Use props
fansaeaa7c3f
New
United States

Have the same issue controller for my quad 16 month old, P3 4k  Controller has stopped turning on or charging, tried charging drone battery it charges so it not my charger. HELP!
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The P3 controller are not compatible with P4 drones. Only the same controller model can work with the drone via linking RC.
2017-10-4
Use props
Rick70
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark you were right. DJI Susan you were wrong. The P3 Pro remote WILL work with the P4. I bought a used P3 Pro GL300C and the bird is in the sky again. Tks DJI for nothing...
2017-10-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rick70 Posted at 2017-10-30 04:55
Aardvark you were right. DJI Susan you were wrong. The P3 Pro remote WILL work with the P4. I bought a used P3 Pro GL300C and the bird is in the sky again. Tks DJI for nothing...

That's good to hear :-)

But there may be reasons that DJI do not recommend doing so, for example newer or different components in the RC that may ( or may not ) affect future firmware updates. Which of course could have a knock on effect in any warranty claim. But so far I've not read of any failings, where the P3 RC will not work with the P4.

Edit:- There may also have been some confusion, as this post is in the P4 Advanced section. And the P3 RC will not work with the P4 Pro nor P4 Advanced.
2017-10-30
Use props
Rick70
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the heads up... I didn't know this was P4 Pro/Adv thread. I have just found out that there seems to be problems with the latest P4 releases also (controllers). I don't know what DJI has done, but when I first got my P4, I thought DJI was the best company out there. Now not so much so...
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules