Mavic Pro. No connection from RC to AC
4030 25 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

Hi there,

Yesterday I started to study the simulator for the first time. I don't  know how it happened, but suddenly the DJI app (Android) demanded a  username and password. My smartphone was blocked and I couldn't see  anything unusual on the RC (no update, for example). I took it all out.

After the complete startup RC could not connect again, CONNECTING was  still displayed. When I started a connection setup with the "RC Linking"  app, BINDING stopped until I pressed the link button on the Marvic.  Afterwards the RC changed back to CONNECTING and the Marvic flashes  quickly in yellow. The two semmes to communicate with each other, the  live image of the camera is also displayed in the app, but "no  connection" appears in the top right corner of the app. It's all very  strange.

With the DJI Assistant 2 I also had no success. Somehow the Marvic's FTP  server doesn't seem to work properly and therefore FTP clients  (Filezilla) and <censored by DJI> can't read or write. You can understand the whole  thing very well with Wireshark.

The firmware is v01.04.0000 on AC and RC.

Are there any other ideas on this subject? Thank you for your attention!
2017-10-3
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

After I have posted the problems above and got no reply, I will go into the details.

Equipment:
Mavic pro RC and AC, FW v01.04.0000
Smartphone samsung galaxy s8 plus, Andriod 7.0, DJI GO 4 App v4.1.9

Preface:
I have bought a "samsung galaxy s8 plus", exclusive for the mavic for 800€. Together with the "mavic fly more" I have paid 2300€ for a useless gadget now. I used the mavic for a hand full of fligths over a month. That's too much money for a heap full of nothing jet.

My smartphone has no SIM card and therefore no internet access while flying outside. The reason is, there is no disturbance over the internet during the flight outside. FW updates are only accepted inside my house over my own access points.

Incident:
On the 02.10.17 in the late evening I decided to try out the DJI simulator and figure out why I have no local maps for my flights. I've made some adjustments (eg. deactivated the china mainland switches...) and started the simulator with internet access and gps activated in my cellar. After some time the local maps appeared.

Round about midnight a screen popped up on my smartphone which requested a phone number or email address and a password. This screen accepted no key inputs (very strange). The whole smartphone was blocked completely and so I decided to shut down all devices.

After the restart the RC stayed into the state connecting. The AC was fast flashing in yellow but the live stream of the mavic cam was showing on the smartphone. I could perform a bind on the RC but after I pressed the little knob on the AC the RC turned back to connecting.

Until 2 o'clock in the morning I fumbled around without success. I tried to connect the AC over WIFI (switch on AC activated) but there was no appropriate SSID found by my phone.

Dive into the mavic:
I downloaded the "DJI Assistant 2" v1.1.6. After connecting the AC the assistant showed me the current version (v01.04.0000) and I tried to perform a FW refresh for this version. It ended with a "Update Failed" after the FW files where successfully downloaded from the internet. No further information.

Later I found in the end of the logfiles from the assistant the following entries:
[03:01:36][Ftp_Transfer        ] ftp error, error code: 201
[03:01:36][upgrade1860Ex       ] get upgrade log file failed!!! retcode: 206
[03:01:36][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= UPGRADE FAILURE: ftp error
[03:01:36][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= Time :   0.77 second
[03:01:36][DiagMsg             ] ftp error
[03:01:36][UpgradeMgr          ]    Lb_dm3xx_sky(1) result false

That was making me curious.
The mavic FTP Server has an IP-address 192.168.42.2 on the local machine provided by the driver that was installed with the assistant.

So I checked the traffic between the assistant and the mavic with wireshark. I found out, that the assistant after the download of the FW files would like to write the file dji_system.bin to the folder //upgrade but the response from the mavic was 553 error. The assistant shows "update failed" in this case and stops working.

Then I tried to perform a factory reset over the assistant. The progress bar on the assistant went to 100% and shows success but on the interface was no action detected by wireshark. It is a fake, a NOP (null operation).

I connected a FTP client with the AC. There was no problem to read the directory structure but only after a long delay I was been able to download some files from there. I tried to upload a small text file to different folders without success.

BTW: Everything was working with the RC. Update, downgrade file transfer over a FTP client... no problems.

Conclusion:
I have reached the end of my possibilities. I would be very appreciated if somebody can help me solving this problem.
2017-10-4
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Its the app went thru this whole process I have the same exact setup as you to the T right down to the phone I uninstalled the app and downloaded and older version at the time
2017-10-4
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Was everything working normally before you used the simulator?
2017-10-4
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Try to bind again
2017-10-4
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

@$gambino$
Which version should I use?

@Jenee 2
Everything was working fine. I only missed the local maps.

@Jos A
I have made the 2 variants of binding multiple times without success.
2017-10-5
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Well if the binding is succesfully (connected to your mavic) the problem is the app.
Also the app needs internet connecting for the first time to valid your acount.
Are you connecting your phone via USB cable?
Did you try to connect on wifi?
At last try a different phone.
Be sure to restart your phone and be sure no other app uses USB.

2017-10-5
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

The binding has not to do with your phone, so try bind again.
2017-10-5
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

and bind not with your phone, use the second proces
2017-10-5
Use props
MichaelS2
lvl.1
Austria

Jos A Posted at 2017-10-5 00:37
Well if the binding is succesfully (connected to your mavic) the problem is the app.
Also the app needs internet connecting for the first time to valid your acount.
Are you connecting your phone via USB cable?

I have a very similar problem as GeorgMarvic.

linking between RC and copter not possible via Go App. RC somehow connected; I may move the Gimbal with the RC;

linking at the App stopps immediately; not even shows master/slave selection before.

RC update also stopped/not possible then via Assistant.

details see at - thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-115457-1-1.html
best regards,
Michjael
2017-10-5
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

@Jos A
I've been fiddeling around with the mavic since round about 20 hours, watched videos reading hints and allegations.

I have tried all kinds of bindings, with and without internet, with and without phone, not more then 1m away from eachother. Everytime I've had the same behaviour:
RC goes to BINDING and after I pressed the knob on the AC, RC goes back to CONNECTING.

And yes, the switch was in RC mode. WIFI mode is not possible. There is no SSID from the AC on air.
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-5 02:36
@Jos A
I've been fiddeling around with the mavic since round about 20 hours, watched videos reading hints and allegations.

So now you can grab the video fed on the mobile device, but connecting shows on the RC LCD, the app says no connection, and you can not link the RC and drone, right? I haven't met this before. Could you control the gimbal via RC? Would you mind provide me with the operating video which shows this case and provide me with the screenshot of the About of General Settings? I would like to check more. Thank you so much.
2017-10-5
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

@ DJI Thor,
I have to wait until all batteries are loaded and I must have time for making pictures but I will answer your questions first.

I can not grab the video because the controls on the DJI GO 4 app are grayed out but I can see the video stream. I show it later with pictures.
I can not control the gimbal.

Where can I find the "about general settings"?

The pictures will come as soon as possible.

Thank you for your attention.
2017-10-5
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

Here are some screen shots made quickly from video stream:
RC will connect to AC but nothing happens. There is no live stream in the app DJI GO 4!

Start binding.

Press the frequency button on AC

RC turns back to connecting and you can see the live stream in the background.

Not connected but live stream.

The whole seqenze from the outside camera.

And a screen recording.

2017-10-5
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

Dear Mr. an Mrs. DJI,

I'm very upset. I have used the Mavic for round about 3 weeks and was very pleased, handled my Mavic with care, was amused about problems what other people had. I thought, wow, china engineers are far away from the german ones but they arn't.

Numerous hours I spend to solve this fu+++ng misery, what is obviously a software problem. Some parts of the AC system seems not to start up correct. No possibility to make a factory reset (what is not working and also not that included reset fake routine).

I know that you have the log files from the Marvic. Please tell me what I have made wrong. I'm not willing  to pay for repairing.

What can I do now?

PS: I do not trust the stability of this machine in the future.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-6 11:24
Dear Mr. an Mrs. DJI,

I'm very upset. I have used the Mavic for round about 3 weeks and was very pleased, handled my Mavic with care, was amused about problems what other people had. I thought, wow, china engineers are far away from the german ones but they arn't.

Hi Georg, I am terribly sorry for the late reply. According to your video, the aircraft firmware version didn't show up even if the live steam works, so only the transmission is linking but the controlling is not linking properly. I learned that you had tried to refresh the firmware but no success, could you please help to upload the update log from DJI Assistant 2 to Dropbox so I and grab it. I'll help to check more info about the upgrading, here is the route of the file: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\roaming\DJI assistant2\upgrade_log.
If you had tried refreshing the firmware many times, I would suggest sending the drone back and we will take care of it. Here is the link to make an online repai: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.
2017-10-11
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-11 00:52
Hi Georg, I am terribly sorry for the late reply. According to your video, the aircraft firmware version didn't show up even if the live steam works, so only the transmission is linking but the controlling is not linking properly. I learned that you had tried to refresh the firmware but no success, could you please help to upload the update log from DJI Assistant 2 to Dropbox so I and grab it. I'll help to check more info about the upgrading, here is the route of the file: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\roaming\DJI assistant2\upgrade_log.
If you had tried refreshing the firmware many times, I would suggest sending the drone back and we will take care of it. Here is the link to make an online repai: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

Thor,
thank you for your attention.

Believe me, I have tons of log files but the result was always the same. At first I will give you some Pictures of this case.

DJI Assitant upgrade fail screen. Without any error code.

Same time in the assistant log.

And sniffed interface with wireshark.

Sorry, but I have no DropBox. I try to give you a link to the last log file I've made (hope that works).
Log 08.10.17
2017-10-11
Use props
djiuser_xI8lvfX
New
Italy

So I could not connect the app
2017-10-11
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

Additional pictures.
(and yes, I have the little switch on RC. If somebody asks)

Connection is made by the Assistant to the AC.

Versions are shown.

No black box download.

I have tried the versions 1.1.6 and 1.1.2 of the Assistant. I tried to update over different versions of DJI GO 4 App. Nothing helps.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-11 10:27
Additional pictures.

Thank you for your feedback, I can grab the log you provided. Will forward to our engineers now. Once there is a news, I'll reply you here.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-11 10:27
Additional pictures.

Hi Georg, I got news from our engineers, we recommend sending it back, and we will take care of it. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

2017-10-13
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-13 17:52
Hi Georg, I got news from our engineers, we recommend sending it back, and we will take care of it. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

Hello Thor,
I have already got a service request number. I will do the necessary procedure with the German colleagues.

Thank you for your support.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-15 09:59
Hello Thor,
I have already got a service request number. I will do the necessary procedure with the German colleagues.

Hope you can get the drone back to air soon.
2017-10-16
Use props
Mavic0815
New
Flight distance : 158488 ft
Australia

Hi George I am exactly stuck with that problem aswell.
First I was setting up a Start sequence and than already ATTI Mode shown in RC the connection was lost.
After macking arround on the spot there was no chance and I gave up after 30mins.
Back home I did the same sequences like you back and forth.
That is redicolous of DJI not to help better and just suggest send it back.
Tomorrow I will return my Mavic aswell for repairs.
I charged my batteries before the issues for about 20 flights and now wasted at least the same amount troubleshooting t...what a waste.....
Keep me posted about further things happening.

This was the first explanation exactly describing the issue....well done!!!!
Sven
2017-11-20
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

Mavic0815 Posted at 2017-11-20 21:39
Hi George I am exactly stuck with that problem aswell.
First I was setting up a Start sequence and than already ATTI Mode shown in RC the connection was lost.
After macking arround on the spot there was no chance and I gave up after 30mins.

Hi Sven,
on the 01.11.2017 I gave the Mavic back to the dealer where I have bought it for repair. Today I got it back.
The Mavic was obviously not sent to DJI for repair, they sent it to some distributor here in Germany. That's the reason why my DJI case is still open.
In the repair report they wrote, that they have changed some parts and it is a warranty issue, so I have to pay nothing. In fact the have sent me another drone with a different serial number.
I haven't start the Mavic jet, because I will carefully report all my further steps.
To be continued...
2017-11-25
Use props
DavR
lvl.1
Spain

I have exactly... exactly the same problem
So at the end you never found a solution and had to send it back to repair to DJI.
Do they charge you if the waranty is out... but that it is clearly a RC problem... independant from our will ?
2020-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules