Phantom 3 - 4K Any Good
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Altech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Hi Guys, thinking about purchasing a phantom 3 - 4K drone , can anyone tell are there any good and what range would i be getting. as I have a P3 standard , i think it should be OK regards Alex
2017-10-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Isn't it really a Phantom 3 Standard, with a 4K camera?

RedHotPoker
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As far as I know, the Phantom 3 4K is not available for sale now. I would consider P4 series or Mavic for different experience.
2017-10-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The P3-4K was always the black sheep of the family and disappointed many users attracted by the price.
For some reason it has only 480p live view while all the other Phantoms get 720p.
You would get a lot more drone if you stretched up to a P3 Advanced or Pro.
2017-10-4
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to now get the P3 SE - its basically the same range as your current Standard but has the same 4K camera & VPS ststem the P3Pro had.. I would try to locate a P3A as its got a far far better range due to the lightbridge system they have.
2017-10-4
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

After "graduating" the P3S, most folks go on to the P4 series.
2017-10-4
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Hey, I know we all have a budget , but I along with all the others would strongly advise you to step up into another model. I have a P3A and love it, but honestly if you can get into the P4 series, it would be your best bet. If not the Advanced and the Pro are very good machines, but there are no longer being produced either. Yes, you can still buy them and parts are available.
The lightbridge technology is so much better on both series as compared to the Standard.
Just my opinion for what it is worth.
2017-10-4
Use props
Altech
lvl.4
Australia

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-10-4 07:18
Hey, I know we all have a budget , but I along with all the others would strongly advise you to step up into another model. I have a P3A and love it, but honestly if you can get into the P4 series, it would be your best bet. If not the Advanced and the Pro are very good machines, but there are no longer being produced either. Yes, you can still buy them and parts are available.
The lightbridge technology is so much better on both series as compared to the Standard.
Just my opinion for what it is worth.

Cheers Mate for the info, Me being a newbie to drones ,. I started with P3S and apart from the range not being great.  I purchased P3-4K from eBay ,  i have seen some YouTube  on this model.  it will do for now while leaning .  Yes i do like the newer models , but in time there prices will come down to when the phantom 5 comes Out .  maybe Xmas time  :-)  
2017-10-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-10-4 05:20
You need to now get the P3 SE - its basically the same range as your current Standard but has the same 4K camera & VPS ststem the P3Pro had.. I would try to locate a P3A as its got a far far better range due to the lightbright system they have.

Lightbright?! Hahaha

It's Lighbridge, my friend... Chuckles

That other thing, is for the children of the household...
http://t.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=42056796

RedHotPoker

image.jpeg
2017-10-4
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-4 14:58
Lightbright?! Hahaha

It's Lighbridge, my friend... Chuckles

Good one RedHotPoker!
2017-10-4
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Altech Posted at 2017-10-4 14:44
Cheers Mate for the info, Me being a newbie to drones ,. I started with P3S and apart from the range not being great.  I purchased P3-4K from eBay ,  i have seen some YouTube  on this model.  it will do for now while leaning .  Yes i do like the newer models , but in time there prices will come down to when the phantom 5 comes Out .  maybe Xmas time  :-)

Hey I get it. You will enjoy it too! Maybe for now you don't have the need to get out there too far. Enjoy.
2017-10-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It was a perfect setup... How could I not indulge myself? Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-10-4
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lol i knew what I meant - my fingers didnt cheer RedHotPoker aka (spellchecker)
2017-10-4
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-10-4 22:38
lol i knew what I meant - my fingers didnt  cheer RedHotPoker aka (spellchecker)

I'm sure you did, but you took it in stride! Good for you. A little humor goes a long way sometimes. I have done the same thing so you are not alone.
2017-10-5
Use props
Altech
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Guys, the bird in the sky.  loving the new drone Phantom3 - 4K .   getting better results than the  P3 standard . please see my Video which is not set at 4k , but 1920X1080 60 frames cheers Alex

2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules