Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI 15mm f/1.7 lens, two different versions?
3458 5 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,
I think about buying a used Inspire 1 PRO with the X5 camera. Now I found an offer that is a little weird: https://www.quoka.de/modellbau-h ... e-1-zenmuse-x5.html
Has there been two different versions of the lens, an older one and the current model? If yes how do they differ from each other?
The other thing that irritates me is the golden arms of the UAV in the pictures, maybe adhesive foil?

dji-inspire-lens.jpg
2017-10-4
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paul,

What exactly do you find weird about the camera/lens?  The photos are similar to my X5 purchased directly from DJI. The gimbal and camera are produced by DJI, but the lens is
likely OEM'd from Panasonic with DJI logo's, as it's very similar to the Panasonic Leica-DG-Summilux 15mm f-1.7 ASPH.

I agree with you on the gold skin, but it can usually be removed and any remaining adheasive cleaned carefully with alcohol.

2017-10-4
Use props
paul
lvl.1

Germany

Daroga Posted at 2017-10-4 05:09
Paul,

What exactly do you find weird about the camera/lens?  The photos are similar to my X5 purchased directly from DJI. The gimbal and camera are produced by DJI, but the lens is

The current lens has a fluted focus as well as a fluted iris ring. This one has not.
2017-10-4
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

There is a rubber band which comes with the X5 camera. I don't know what it is for at first. I guess the rubber band has been used to covered /protected the aperture ring and/focus ring of the lens.
2017-10-4
Use props
martinfueloep
First Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

The lens you have posted has a dust seal attached which hides the focus- and iris-ring.
2017-10-4
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

paul@rocabella. Posted at 2017-10-4 05:32
The current lens has a fluted focus as well as a fluted iris ring. This one has not.

As others have pointed out, DJI adds a rubber dust shield over the lens barrel to help protect the lens. Perhaps a photo will help explain:

20171004_195543.jpg

2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules