Can it be used as a secondary display?
1022 7 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DG!
New
United States

Hey Guys!

I just made an impulse buy and bought a CrystalSky display and the adapter for a Matrice 100.

Now, the question that I have is... can I use it as a second display?

We use a 12.9" iPad as the primary display, there's where we draw the boundary lines, make our flight plans, etc... we have a person in charge of that... my idea was for me to just focus on flying using the CrystalSky, while the other person controls everything that has to do with flight planning, etc... with the iPad...

can this be achieved? did I waste my money? =D
2017-10-4
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't think you can do this exactly as you wish ... The only thing what will work is setup ‚Dual R/C mode‘. IPad is mounted on the Master R/C and Crystalsky is on the other remote.  But having both (iPad and CS) on one R/C will not work.
2017-10-4
Use props
DG!
New
United States

Hm, that's not good... We mostly use DJI GS Pro and I don't think CrystalSky has it... :/
2017-10-4
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DG! Posted at 2017-10-4 12:07
Hm, that's not good... We mostly use DJI GS Pro and I don't think CrystalSky has it... :/

Yep. As we speak, no other software allowed/installed on CS. But DJI Pilot app will get out of beta stadium in the near future. (hopefully) There will be a mission planning feature installed.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

You can consider Crystal Sky to be for more professional usage. Take a look at the monitor set up in the manual to see what works for the set up of your drone: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/C ... uide_v1.2_multi.pdf
2017-10-9
Use props
DG!
New
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-9 09:15
You can consider Crystal Sky to be for more professional usage. Take a look at the monitor set up in the manual to see what works for the set up of your drone: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/CrystalSky/20170706/Crystalsky_User_Guide_v1.2_multi.pdf

What exactly do you mean by "more professional usage"?
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

DG! Posted at 2017-10-10 06:03
What exactly do you mean by "more professional usage"?

Some drone users are more for personal fun. Others are for more business and industrial applications. That is what I meant.
2017-10-10
Use props
DG!
New
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-10 07:00
Some drone users are more for personal fun. Others are for more business and industrial applications. That is what I meant.

Thanks for the clarification... this is to be used for a business
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules