Use supplied cable...
3558 5 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

I've received a message that I need to update the database (not the firmware, which I've already done) and it mentions that to do so, I need to use a supplied cable between my mobile device and the aircraft.  Weird as I'm using an Apple device and I don't have any cable that offers micro USB to lightning connection.  Does this come with the aircraft when new?
2017-10-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha GMG,

Sorry, that is a legacy quote that apparently never got changed.  The USB adapter that comes with the purchase is based on the USB standard.  At some point Apple upgraded their USB system and started requiring the Lightning Cable.  DJI does not supply a Lightning to micro USB adapter unfortunately.

DJI does appear to be moving to the USB C standard though and I think I read that Apple is going to adopt that USB C standard.  The world will get back on track then.  The USB C standard is said to be competitive with the HDMI standard.

Until then, the Lightning to Micro USB cable and a adapter version looks like it is available at Amazon and other Internet stores.  They cost about $10 American.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI surely needs to update the latest and greatest flight kits, not necessarily the software... Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-10-4
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

My P4Pro came with a short adapter cable and this is the one the message is referring to. It has a female usb on one end and a mico usb on the other. If you have everything on and connected, then remove the usb cable from the RC and connect it to the adapter. Then plug the adapter into the micro usb port on the side of the drone. Once you hit OK to the message, another message appears to download the update. You don't need to turn anything off and once the update has downloaded it will be installed. Remove the adapter and plug your cable back into the RC.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please use the supplied USB OTG cable as an adapter and connect to your mobile device. Like the tutorial mentioned:
2017-10-4
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Bummer.  I didn't get this cable!
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules