Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Do I really need 2 tablets for inspire dual operator?
4232 28 2015-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info.amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Hi people,
I´m new to this forum so bare with me if I make a mistake. I´ve used the search but didn´t find any info on my question. I´m having only one tablet that is OK to use for the inspire transmitters which is a Nexus7. Unfortunately my iPad mini and iPad retina both don´t seem to be amont the tablets that work. And also my iPhones are too old.

In the video DJI Pilot App Tutorial "Dual Operator", Sam and Niko are using just one tablet, and it seems to work. But somehow I can´t get it to work.

Here´s what I do:
- set up the master
- turn on the inspire
- turn on the slave with the plugged in Nexus7
- Press the RC-Settings button in the app
- choose Slave
- searching for Master and select the master
- master beeps
- master LED is green
- slave LED is cyan

I do see the livewiew of the camera, but still I have no control over the camera.
If I move the yaw stick of the master left and right, I see a small movement of the camera left and right, but not much.

If I press "Request permission" and gimbal control, I wait a while and then I get the info "operation timeout". So my guess would be that I would have to add a second Tablet to the master to be able to Accept permission. But why does the Tutorial "Dual Operator" in the DJI Pilot App work with only one tablet.  I don´t really want to use two tablets when travelling.

OK, that´s my story for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wolfgang

2015-4-7
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Master on
Slave on
Props off
Bird on

Temporary connect the tablet to the slave.
In the app you can set the sticks to tilt,pan and role.
Also sensivity you can set for each there.
After that you can disconnect the tablet. The slave will remember it and forfill your inspired pleasures.
2015-4-7
Use props
info.amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Hi Dundee,
thanks a lot for your help. I did just that.
I do get a blue (well, cyan) light on the slave which should tell me that everything is working. However, I can´t control the gimbal with the sticks. Still the master has control via the wheel on the left side of the antennas.
I tried custom stick modes, but still no change.
Any idea what I could have done wrong?

Another question: why would you use the tablet for the master instead of the slave?
Thanks again!
2015-4-7
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

info.amriphoto Posted at 2015-4-7 23:40
Hi Dundee,
thanks a lot for your help. I did just that.
I do get a blue (well, cyan) light on the sl ...

I have only 1 inspire flight, last night. I used two tablets.
I set my 2nd controller as "slave" via the tablet - searched for the 'master" - found it and entered the password 1234. Then my slave controller had a purple light and both gimbals controlled yaw and pitch, (unfortunately, there was no live camera view) -
Not sure what settings we are are missing here, Dundee probably can help plz?
2015-4-7
Use props
info.amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Thanks Bob,
really hard to say what the problem is. Interesting is that you say your light was purple and it worked while mine was blue and didn´t. It is supposed to be blue according to the german manual. There seem to be several things wrong in the menu. Maybe this is another one.
Anyway: thanks again for your help!
2015-4-7
Use props
dundee
Second Officer

Thailand

info.amriphoto Posted at 2015-4-8 15:14
Thanks Bob,
really hard to say what the problem is. Interesting is that you say your light was purp ...

Did you already solved your issue ?
2015-4-8
Use props
info.amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

I'm afraid no. I'm now looking towards a second tablet. I hope that will resolve the issue.
2015-4-8
Use props
dundee
Second Officer

Thailand

info.amriphoto Posted at 2015-4-8 22:44
I'm afraid no. I'm now looking towards a second tablet. I hope that will resolve the issue.

Ok, watch this and keep me posted.

2015-4-8
Use props
info.amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Wow, thanks a big lot for your efforts. If I remember right, that´s exactly what I did. I´ll try that tomorrow and keep you posted!
Thanks again!!!
2015-4-8
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-4-8 22:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPnVMP1_WYM

I watched your tute Dundee and that's exactly what I did to gain camera control on the slave, (but there was not a live video feed on the slave controller). What am I missing?

Bob
2015-4-8
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-9 01:52
A relaxed attitude

sorry couldn't help myself

LOL - how about an answer to go along with the humor? -
2015-4-8
Use props
dundee
Second Officer

Thailand

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 01:45
I watched your tute Dundee and that's exactly what I did to gain camera control on the slave, (but ...

if you can move the cam with the sticks, then video should be ok too.
Maybe a setting in your 2th remote device,hardware detect ? im guessing now
2015-4-8
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

I haven't messed with it, I will later.

I'm sure the purple light vs blue light have something to do with it ???
2015-4-8
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 01:45
I watched your tute Dundee and that's exactly what I did to gain camera control on the slave, (but ...

I don't have the answer but I have also had issues with the dual controllers... Everything works but the video feed to the second controller really sucks. It was so bad when I tried it 2 times that I just gave up on it and went back to flying with one controller... the feed constantly drops and then freezes up.... I will go out and play around with it some more today and see If I can figure something out with the channel settings... Dundee have you had feed issues with a second controller? if so any advise?
2015-4-8
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

thx for the reply Mark, 1st controller Shield, 2nd controller Air1
the video feed on the 2nd controller isn't "bad", it's not there (black screen)

Does the 2nd controller get it's video feed directly from the I1 or the Master controller?
2015-4-8
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 02:06
thx for the reply Mark, 1st controller Shield, 2nd controller Air1
the video feed on the 2nd contro ...

I was under the impression it got it from the master controller... I could be wrong....
2015-4-8
Use props
dundee
Second Officer

Thailand

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 02:00
I haven't messed with it, I will later.

I'm sure the purple light vs blue light have something to d ...

Must be purple. Blue means updating firmware
2015-4-8
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Look at the pic on the bottom of page 29 in the manual, what do you guys get from that pic?

On page 30 under "Master" remote controller, look at step 5, (after the pic) - what's up with that?
I read it 20 times "enter the connection password for the "slave" remote controller"   What the heck is THAT, there is no password entering on the "Master" controller right? (only on the "slave" do you enter password, and it was 1234) -

this confuses me, is the manual wrong, (not proof read?)  
2015-4-8
Use props
info.amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

dundee Posted at 2015-4-9 02:15

OK, something is definitely wrong here. The german manual says: purple: The radio is configured as  slave, but NOT linked to the inspire!
2015-4-8
Use props
dundee
Second Officer

Thailand

info.amriphoto Posted at 2015-4-9 12:06
OK, something is definitely wrong here. The german manual says: purple: The radio is configured as ...

As soon as you power up TX2, you can hear BB beep on TX1
2015-4-8
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-4-9 02:15

Not according to the chart on page 32 of the manual -

2015-4-8
Use props
dundee
Second Officer

Thailand

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 13:39
Not according to the chart on page 32 of the manual -

Sorry Bob, i was wrong here. Confused because to much testing the Bird
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-4-9 21:16
Sorry Bob, i was wrong here. Confused because to much testing the Bird

I think you are also right, I could of swore I read the same thing you stated, solid blue during updating.
The manual was obviously confusing for them to write. They even call the Power Supply "charger" half the time.

Bob "still no video" Marley
2015-4-9
Use props
dundee
Second Officer

Thailand

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 21:40
I think you are also right, I could of swore I read the same thing you stated, solid blue during u ...

And if you swap the remotes slave master.  Still no video ?
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-4-9 21:43
And if you swap the remotes slave master.  Still no video ?

Only the first one is linked to the bird, (I would have to put the 2nd into Master, then push/hold the "Link" button on the I1) to link the 2nd controller. I will play around with it this afternoon hopefully. Cold, Rainy, windy, little interest the last 2 days but I'll get on it this afternoon.

Bob
2015-4-9
Use props
info.amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

dundee Posted at 2015-4-8 22:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPnVMP1_WYM

Sorry for the delay, guys.
Thanks again, Dundee for the effort to create this video. Unfortunately it doesn´t help me solve my issues.

The master beeps as soon as the slave is powered up.

The LED is blue

I have done all the settings

I even have control of the gimbal using the touchscreen of my Nexus7 (Connected to the Slave), but I don´t have control using the sticks.

When clicking Request Control (on the first of the screens on your video), I get an "operation time out" note after a while.

I connected an HDMI monitor to the HDMI Port of the Master to see whether there is something to accept on the Master side, but there wasn´t anything.

I guess I´m stuck here. I haven´t changed the remotes yet master-slave. Will do that next time.
2015-4-10
Use props
amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

OK people - Problem solved. It really took 2 tablets for me. I had to request control for the gimbal from the tablet of the slave unit. Once I did that, the tablet on the master unit asked me to agree. I did and everything was fine.
To me that isn´t really a good way of doing things because you could work with one tablet and an HDMI Monitor for example. Anyway - my problem is solved, thanks to all who participated.
2015-4-13
Use props
Danebrillhart
New
Flight distance : 26932 ft
United States

You can do it with one.
2015-11-27
Use props
Danebrillhart
New
Flight distance : 26932 ft
United States

Danebrillhart@y Posted at 2015-11-27 16:03
You can do it with one.

Have all firmware up to date. Prior to steps below make sure slave remote is setup, "aqua" color led when on. Connect to master by entering password. Turn everything of and start below...

Turn on Master.
Turn on aircraft
Plug in tablet/phone to Master
Connect to App
Turn on Slave remote
A request will pop up on master's screen
Accept request
Slave can now control
Move tablet to slave remote
2015-11-27
Use props
Advanced