Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pairing RC After Palm Launch
1225 6 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
killers.jayanth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33419 ft
India

I have Launched my Spark with Palm Launch and Now after it is in the Air, I Couldnt Connect the RC
Is there any way so that i can connect the Remote Controller to the Spark after Palm Launch !!?

2017-10-4
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've not tried this use case (of connecting the RC to the spark AFTER launching from the palm), but I have done the opposite successfully.  I've connected the RC first, and then I've palm launched.

In fact it's not uncommon for me to (manually) return to home after an RC flight of some length, and upon landing I leave everything on, and I perform a palm launch.  I've done this because I've tried to replicate a single "palm launch flop" I experienced after the August firmware update (and I've never been able to repeat the flop).

Is there any reason that you want to connect the RC AFTER launching?  Can you do as I have done, and connect the RC first?
2017-10-4
Use props
killers.jayanth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33419 ft
India

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-10-4 08:32
I've not tried this use case (of connecting the RC to the spark AFTER launching from the palm), but I have done the opposite successfully.  I've connected the RC first, and then I've palm launched.

In fact it's not uncommon for me to (manually) return to home after an RC flight of some length, and upon landing I leave everything on, and I perform a palm launch.  I've done this because I've tried to replicate a single "palm launch flop" I experienced after the August firmware update (and I've never been able to repeat the flop).

There is No Specific Reason Connecting RC after Palm Launch...

I generally Launch My Spark with Palm Launch and then Connect My Phone

but In the case of Remote Controller Pairing Spark should be on Ground to Connect, Why is this so !?

Is there any Specific Reason that DJI din't mention Anywer !
2017-10-4
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

killers.jayanth Posted at 2017-10-4 08:44

I don't know why, but I presume that the act of pairing is considered sensitive enough to where they don't want the spark in the air during the act of pairing.  That's entirely speculation.

When you say "Pair", do you refer to the act of getting the RC and the spark to bind to eachother?  That is a process, but it's separate from connecting an RC to a spark that has already been paired.  A spark and an RC that have already been paired should not have to go through a complex process to "connect" to each other after they have been paired one time.

In fact if your RC and spark have already been paired, I think that there shouldn't be any complexity to connecting your rc to the spark after you launch.  I've not tested this, but the reason why I think the connection should go easily is because RC disconnects are not infrequent.  And my RC doesn't have any issues re-connecting.  I would assume that connecting RC to spark after launch would be as simple as turning the RC on and waiting for the light to turn green.  But that presumes that the RC and spark have already been paired.
2017-10-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

killers.jayanth Posted at 2017-10-4 08:44

You must push battery on battery for 3 seconds to make connection at least I do so maybe something to do with that.
2017-10-4
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-4 09:01
You must push battery on battery for 3 seconds to make connection at least I do so maybe something to do with that.

Yes, that sounds right.  I've only paired my remote to my spark twice in my history of ownership, so I don't recall the physical steps required.  The only reason I had to do it twice is that I tested "phone only" functionality once, and I had to re-pair my RC to my spark after.  I don't recall what that test was for, and I really have no need/desire to fly the spark with just the phone.  So my RC and spark are forever bound in holy matrimony.

I think that our participant here might be using "pair" when "connect" is intended.  But only he/she will be able to answer that.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I haven't tried this before. But I think it will work like when I am not taking off, I could link my drone in this case: power on the drone first, start the RC then, connect my mobile last. Of course, this happens when my RC and drone had already paired before and I am not in WiFi mode. If you are in WiFi mode before the launch and the RC is disconnected even when in the ground, it would not connect the RC to the drone and can not pair it during the flight.
But I wouldn't recommend doing the operations like you mentioned, I'd better connect all first and use the drone, which gives me a lot of sense of safety.
2017-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules