What’s the setting to lower sensitivity?
4009 16 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sunny D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70883 ft
  • >>>
United States

I changed my breaking to the lowest setting, and put my stick acceleration to the slowest curve (like an S, rather than a line), but are there any other settings to slow down my camera movement?  I’m just barely moving the sticks when flying to keep smooth camera shots, and would prefer to use more of the analog control of the sticks.
What settings do I need to change?
2017-10-4
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

you can change the speed of the camera in the dji app.i slowed my camera speed down this way.
2017-10-4
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Can you post a screenshot of the settings?  I think you can use the EXP´s  to set ascent and descent the speed of the copter and the breaking speed from the copter in the app,so the copter does not stops to abrupt . Search for the break and make it smaller than 80%,but if you fly near by high objects then fly caire full. For the cam you need to lower the gimbal speed in the gimbal menu in the app.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Changing the settings in the app would be your best bet. Reset your camera settings and then lower it to the point where you feel it would work the best.
2017-10-4
Use props
Knobbynomates
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

Making the sticks longer will also help with fine control
2017-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Knobbynomates Posted at 2017-10-4 12:51
Making the sticks longer will also help with fine control

That is one trick I missed in the manual for sure.
(even though it is there)
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can try to set the gimbal pitch speed and gimbal pitch smoothness on gimbal advance settings.
2017-10-4
Use props
Sunny D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thx everyone, will do.
2017-10-5
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

There are a number of settings to change the “speed“ of things, you have obviously found out about and come to terms with the joystick settings with logarithmic instead of linear regulation, and the “sensitivity” advanced settings. Both of these affect the reaction of the drone itself; whilst important for good filming they do not directly control the gimbal itself. These settings are a compromise between flight performance and filming requirements.

For the gimbal, you need to go to the “Gimbal” advanced settings where you will find four settings specific to the gimbal, as follows:

• ·         Gimbal Pitch Speed

This is what it says, the “maximum” gimbal tilt speed. If set at zero its going to take more time than the battery allows to go from horizontal to vertical, make it 100 and you will give yourself air sickness in record time. Try out on some test flights and remember you can also control the gimbal speed from the wheel itself.

• ·         Enable Upwards Gimbal Tilt ….

This will allow the gimbal to tilt upward by 30 degrees Can be used to get some dramatic shots but includes the props mostly. This also changes the gimbal position indicator on the controller screen so you can find the “true forward 0 degrees” position.

• ·         Gimbal Pitch Smoothness

This is perhaps the most important setting it sets the stopping speed of the gimbal tilt, 0 means that the gimbal will stop instantly the moment you remove your finger from the wheel. Above a setting of 20 or so the gimbal stops smoothly, by 30 then you might start to think about stopping before you get where you want to be, it is a personal thing. My first films were very jerky to begin with until I sorted this out, I use 20.

• ·         Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow

This switch allows for a smoother transition when changing flight direction to left or right (mode 2, right stick). Do a test flight set up one configuration option with one the other with off; you can change the configuration during flight with no problems.

2017-10-6
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Sorry the above was a reply to the original questions from Sunny D at #1
2017-10-6
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Sorry, above was a reply to Sunny D post #1

2017-10-6
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=115403&fromuid=1113412

Sorry above was a reply to Sunny D post #1
2017-10-6
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-6 02:00
There are a number of settings to change the “speed“ of things, you have obviously found out about and come to terms with the joystick settings with logarithmic instead of linear regulation, and the “sensitivity” advanced settings. Both of these affect the reaction of the drone itself; whilst important for good filming they do not directly control the gimbal itself. These settings are a compromise between flight performance and filming requirements.
  For the gimbal, you need to go to the “Gimbal” advanced settings where you will find four settings specific to the gimbal, as follows:

Thanks for the info, invaluable for a newb like me
2017-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-6 02:12
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=115403&fromuid=1113412

Sorry above was a reply to Sunny D post #1

Hahahahahaha.
You had to apologize 3 times
2017-10-6
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-6 09:58
Hahahahahaha.

Yes sir, that is indeed correct. Can´t say I wanted to apologize 3 times but I still have not found out how to include the relevant link with grey background in my posts.

Perhaps you would be so kind and explain?

The 3 times was my messing around trying to find out how. Gets 3 extra points though, and a fourth for this. So except for my pride, all is not lost.
2017-10-6
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-6 09:58
Hahahahahaha.

Oh thank you very much, I have now found out how to do it. Most unfortunate though I will loose lots of points now.

2017-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-6 11:00
Oh thank you very much, I have now found out how to do it. Most unfortunate though I will loose lots of points now.

Good you figured out.
Learning all the time
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules