I2, No Yaw when in Follow mode
1412 11 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dhornet7
lvl.1

United States

I just recieved my I2 back from service.  I sent it in because I was unable to Yaw left/right in follow mode, with one controller.  If I connect the slave remote, while keeping on the master, I am able to use follow mode normally.  DJI replaced the main controller module.  Attached is a video of what happens.

Any ideas?
2017-10-4
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Check your settings under "Sensitivity" tab "Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in follow mode" should be very low value, (I have mine at 0)

IMG_0033.jpg
2017-10-4
Use props
Dhornet7
lvl.1

United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-10-4 12:28
Check your settings under "Sensitivity" tab "Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in follow mode" should be very low value, (I have mine at 0)

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately that has no effect on it.  
2017-10-4
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Dhornet7 Posted at 2017-10-4 13:05
Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately that has no effect on it.

Have you seen this Thread?

2017-10-5
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Have you tried any type of calibrations through the Assistant 2 Software? Try to reset everything back to factory reset in the Assistant 2 Software to see if this helps.
2017-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks bad indeed.
Hope you can get a fix.
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Have you tried to ''Reset Settings'' in that interface? Does the problem persist?
2017-10-10
Use props
Dhornet7
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-10 05:25
Have you tried to ''Reset Settings'' in that interface? Does the problem persist?

Yes I have done that.  Not sure what to do next.  It just came back from DJI
2017-10-10
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Would you be able to escalate the case and send it in for repair unfortunately?
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dhornet7 Posted at 2017-10-10 15:10
Yes I have done that.  Not sure what to do next.  It just came back from DJI

Please help to verify again the following info.
Will the gimbal keep moving when you release C1+Gimbal dial to control gimbal yaw?
What Cougar suggested is to reduce the value of ''Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode'' in Sensitivity, have you try to reduce the value in Gimbal  Settings---Advanced Settings-- Gimbal Yaw Smoothness?
gimbal settings.png
2017-10-12
Use props
Dhornet7
lvl.1

United States

I'd like to thank everyone for their input.  Someone else had the exact same problem after a firmware update and showed me which setting was messed up.  Main Controller Setting: Advanced Setting: Sensitivity: Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow mode.  Mine defaulted to 100.  I set it back down to 0 and now everything is great.  Thanks for all the help.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dhornet7 Posted at 2017-10-12 10:14
I'd like to thank everyone for their input.  Someone else had the exact same problem after a firmware update and showed me which setting was messed up.  Main Controller Setting: Advanced Setting: Sensitivity: Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow mode.  Mine defaulted to 100.  I set it back down to 0 and now everything is great.  Thanks for all the help.

That is good to know, hope other users who encounter the same problem will learn from this.
Thanks for your update.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules