My RC problems, HELP please.
1269 8 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hi, first to say after troubleshooting with DJI they suggested to send them my RC for repair. I have some work before winter, so I declined for now. I am using Ipad mini 2 mostly with OTG.

I still belive that my problems are software based.

1.   Limitation distance 50 meter and altitude 30 meter --- it occurs every 3-5 flights, I have to land logoff from the Go4 app and logon again, annoying and you never know when it will happen again. When you are done with this process battery is at 70% if you first tested limitation first(flown 50m from me or 30m up).

2.   OTG, Every time when I shut off RC and AC and power it up again--- I have to plug out Micro USB and plug it in again to see app picture and statistics, why is that??

3.   When using OTG cable RC does not save settings for "Fn" function buttons. When connected via wi-fi it does.

4.   My RC does not beep at 30% battery, set by default. RC speaker beeps when starting and shuting down and RTH, so I know that speaker is working.

5.   Inside in ATTi (no gps) mode max. altitude is 4m (wi-fi&OTG).

6.   When inside using "tripoid" mode every few seconds app says "ATTi" and then drops from "tripoid mode" to ATTi, let say normal speed, not super slow like tripoid.

I have lot of experience with S1000, Inspire1 and now some with this wonderfull little thing, but bugs are here.

Do you masters of the Sparks think that may issues will be solved in the next firmware update or should I send my RC for repairs?    THANK YOU !
2017-10-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You have to many problems I would send it in .
2017-10-4
Use props
Tim1985
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32641 ft
United States

Otg and Android was broken on purpose by dji. Reflash the controller firmware and run the iPad controller and spark without otg cable. This will solve all your issues. Otg is not recommended by dji and they will void the warranty forcing you to pay full price for the remote.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Micato, I would like answering your questions accordingly.
1. If you got 50 meters' distance and 30 meters for height, it means the log in info has not recorded by the drone properly, you can try to restart the app to see if it recovers.
2&3. We haven't tested using OTG cable with a mobile device, so I can not judge if the problem you encounter is normal or not.
4. RC will not beep when the drone's power is low, it will beep when the RC power is critically low. But the app will prompt you when drone's battery reaches the value you set, so please take attention with it.
5. Please refer to the picture below, you can also find it in the manual.
6. Intelligent flight mode can be only activated when the drone is in P-GPS mode, so if you are in ATTI mode, it won't work. Spark无GPS.png
2017-10-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Send in the RC
I am waiting till the sec Spark is aavilable, but I have sometimes some issues, which I think to be RC relaed.
Will test with 2 Spark, one location, two RC, switching RCs between Sparks, till I know.
But if Dji is suggesting to send it in, you should do so.
How is behavior with phone/tab only?
2017-10-4
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Croatia

Thank you all.

Tim1985 , I have downgraded my RC few times, even before my first post on this forum when I was troubleshooting with DJI by Email, from 1.1 and 1.3 and back to 1.4. but problems are still here. I am using Ipad mini 2 not an Android device.

DJI Thor thank you for clarifying my issue 4. "RC beep" because I was told by your colleagues that RC should beep. Still my GO4 app does not send me audio warning when battery is under 30% just blinks RED in upper left corner all other audio messages I can hear like "ATTi" etc. Regarding issue No. 5 I did not read the manual, have you seen the manual? It is so tiny that you can not read it without magnifying glass. What if I want to film in my indoor big closed studio or a closed stadium and concert hall or a tall cave or between buildings and you can not climb up to reach satellites? Why is that limitation for?
More and more film makers will ask you about OTG because it is so much better than a wi-fi. Work on that!

S-e-ven , I have tried wi-fi and it works poor, especially in urban areas.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Micato Posted at 2017-10-6 17:29
Thank you all.

Tim1985 , I have downgraded my RC few times, even before my first post on this forum when I was troubleshooting with DJI by Email, from 1.1 and 1.3 and back to 1.4. but problems are still here. I am using Ipad mini 2 not an Android device.

Just to verify, you contacted our colleagues by email, right? If yes, please kindly offer your ticket number or email address, we'd like to look into it.

For the audio warning, it only appears when the battery level is low which calculated by the Main Control, instead of the one you set.

As for the flight altitude in ATTI mode, Thor has made it clear: Height is restricted to 16 feet when the GPS signal is weak and VPS is activated. Fly safety is always top priority.
2017-10-6
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Croatia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-6 20:00
Just to verify, you contacted our colleagues by email, right? If yes, please kindly offer your ticket number or email address, we'd like to look into it.

For the audio warning, it only appears when the battery level is low which calculated by the Main Control, instead of the one you set.

Here is my case number  #760113  thank you.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Micato Posted at 2017-10-8 10:20
Here is my case number  #760113  thank you.

Thanks for getting back to us. Please refer the above for reference.

For the issue you mentioned, we will contact the designated team to investigate. We are keeping trying to improve our technical skills and would like to offer better service. Appreciate your attention.
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules