Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is the DJI GO 4 App still Crashing on Nvidia Shield K1 Android 7.0?
2960 10 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Turbotorte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9885 ft

Germany

Cheers lovely DJI Support and Pilot Buddys,

Sadly I cannot use my Galaxy Note 8 due to being to big, the Screenprotector I use, also I don't want to get it all the time out of my Wallet Case and struggling with the Type C connector because it won't fit right and will bend.

So back to the roots... and the Pilots using the K1 on the Mavic and P4's. I heard alot about the Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet being the best choice for Android. But I also heard alot about crashes a year ago on Android 7.0. I saw that everyone was downgrading the Shield back to Android 6.0 in that time where the Problem was more a actual thing, to solve the crashing or disconnecting problems.

Is the problem still their on the Shield with Android 7.0? Is it fixed?
I somewhere saw a Post (I guess it was on our DJI Forum) that a DJI Android Developer was saying that they try to fix it by getting an Nvidia Shield.

I am curious because I didnt read anything about it after May.

Greetings to all Pilots and DJI Staffs!
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Turbotorte, I am sorry to tell Nvidia Shield K1 is not on the support list, so I  can't have more info about this device, hope other pilots who use this device will help to give the answers.
For your Samsung Note 8, only for the connecting issue with the RC, I would suggest that you can try to use your original USB cable and plug it into the bottom's port. Note that you need to unplug the side cable first. But unfortunately, this device is not on the support list, too, but it doesn't mean that the DJI GO 4 will not compatible with it. Give it a try if you want.
2017-10-5
Use props
Turbotorte
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-5 00:39
Hi Turbotorte, I am sorry to tell Nvidia Shield K1 is not on the support list, so I  can't have more info about this device, hope other pilots who use this device will help to give the answers.
For your Samsung Note 8, only for the connecting issue with the RC, I would suggest that you can try to use your original USB cable and plug it into the bottom's port. Note that you need to unplug the side cable first. But unfortunately, this device is not on the support list, too, but it doesn't mean that the DJI GO 4 will not compatible with it. Give it a try if you want.

I did try that too, impossible to fit right because of the USB type c plug being almost out of the sliders path. Also the Screen protection I use will lift up.

I just hope that the Problem with the Shield K1 is fixed because I did not hear anything about that problem for a while now. All the downgrade to android 6.0 threads, videos, and co are almost 1 year old and the latest I found was back in May.

The App works completely fine on my second old phone Xperia X using 7.1.1. This gives me a little bit of hope that the K1 will work now on 7.0.

I hope that some Pilots using the K1 will give me some information about it

Thor I wrote you an PM.

Greetings!
2017-10-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nvidia shield works good with the latest and greatest, I don’t use it often because the screens not very bright...
2017-10-5
Use props
Turbotorte
lvl.1

Germany

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-10-5 02:52
Nvidia shield works good with the latest and greatest, I don’t use it often because the screens not very bright...

On Android 7.0 or 6.0? Are you flying and recording with it?
2017-10-5
Use props
borisp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1732986 ft
Croatia

Turbotorte Posted at 2017-10-5 04:01

I am using dedicated NVidia Shield K1 (Android 7) for Mavic.
At the beginning there were few crashes of GO application but not a single one since June.
I have latest firmware and latest DJI GO version.
2017-10-5
Use props
Turbotorte
lvl.1

Germany

borisp Posted at 2017-10-5 04:10
I am using dedicated NVidia Shield K1 (Android 7) for Mavic.
At the beginning there were few crashes of GO application but not a single one since June.
I have latest firmware and latest DJI GO version.

Thats some good Informations!

So like you said, the Shield you use is on Android 7.0 with the latest DJO Go 4 App and their are no more crashes also while recording?

Thats sounds good!
2017-10-5
Use props
borisp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1732986 ft
Croatia

Turbotorte Posted at 2017-10-5 04:45
Thats some good Informations!

So like you said, the Shield you use is on Android 7.0 with the latest DJO Go 4 App and their are no more crashes also while recording?

...no more crashes also while recording?

No crashes, if you are thinking of recording video on Mavic.
If you are thinking of recording tablet screen using recording function on tablet - I can not tell, I am not using this functionality.
2017-10-5
Use props
jltatc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 220722 ft
United States

borisp Posted at 2017-10-5 05:05
...no more crashes also while recording?

No crashes, if you are thinking of recording video on Mavic.

I am using dedicated NVidia Shield K1 (Android 7) for Mavic Pro. No more crashes any time.
2017-10-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turbotorte Posted at 2017-10-5 04:01

Android 7 and flying and recording. Just tried it to verify.....
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Turbotorte Posted at 2017-10-5 01:33
I did try that too, impossible to fit right because of the USB type c plug being almost out of the sliders path. Also the Screen protection I use will lift up.

I just hope that the Problem with the Shield K1 is fixed because I did not hear anything about that problem for a while now. All the downgrade to android 6.0 threads, videos, and co are almost 1 year old and the latest I found was back in May.

Yes, I had received your PM, please check.
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules