2012 18 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NorcalCobra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 614931 ft
United States

Good afternoon

I took my p4p out for a flight today and when hovering in place it would shake violently.   Then upon descent it would shake violently as well.   Ascent it was pretty steady.  When moving it was very steady as well.    Any ideas what could be wrong or what I could look at to see if there is something wrong with the craft.  

2017-10-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you update recently?  Or, replace props?
2017-10-4
Use props
NorcalCobra
lvl.2
United States

There was an update for the controller but not the craft.  It's using the stock props from DJI that I always use and they passed inspection.  
2017-10-4
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could be ring state vortex?
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

NorcalCobra Posted at 2017-10-4 12:53
There was an update for the controller but not the craft.  It's using the stock props from DJI that I always use and they passed inspection.

Props could be part of the equation. Perhaps wind? You  should try to fly in a few spots to see if this behavior is consistent wherever your fly.
2017-10-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-10-4 13:00
Could be ring state vortex?

VRS hasn't been seen since the P3 series was launched.
2017-10-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I often bring my craft straight down, without any noticeable wobble.

But prefer to descend at a slight angle...

RedHotPoker
2017-10-4
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

vortex ring state happens when you desend to rapid.i have a small quad that does it alot,but i never had p3p do it.as just fly out of it with a little fwd,backward.
2017-10-4
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Even a motor issue. Best send it in for repair.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to calibrate the IMU and gimbal, please pay attention to the gimbal, see if it vibrates or makes noise. If all is good, just to verify, did the drone crash before? Could you please provide us with a short video which could indicator your case, please make sure that all the firmwares are up to date, and props have no damage, no wind around first. Appreciate your assistance.
2017-10-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Being the dji has built in a slight motor cant,  that angle all but dissipates any vortex ring state...

RedHotPoker
2017-10-4
Use props
NorcalCobra
lvl.2
United States

There was no wind or even a breeze when I was flying.   I've captured the wobble the best I could with my iphone.    I had one run-in with an oleander bush about 4 months ago but its always flown true since and there was no damage from that incident.  

Short Youtube video here..  Sorry for the quality.   

2017-10-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looked like the descent was really fast.  Didn't see wobble in quick hover.
2017-10-5
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

these vibrations are clearly downwash
2017-10-5
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Have you checked your prop mounts to see if they are loose?

You need to do another video as this one really doesn't seem to show anything abnormal.  I'm sure to you it does, but it's hard to tell from this end.  As noted above descent rate seemed fast, and the few hesitations or hovers was not sure if you intended to do that or it was the UAV doing it.
2017-10-5
Use props
NorcalCobra
lvl.2
United States

Ill put my mavic in the air at the same time.. maybe I can get some better video with it.  
2017-10-6
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-4 22:44
Being the dji has built in a slight motor cant,  that angle all but dissipates any vortex ring state...

red hot poker ,how fast do you bring down your phantom? i was curios because ive heard of some pilots bottom out stick and shuting off mmotors. later firmware prevented the phantom from shuting down in flight.is this correct?
2017-10-6
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

what was the wind conditions? I tried flying mind in winds above 16mph and lets say it wasnt steady
2017-10-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

repairman Posted at 2017-10-6 23:02
red hot poker ,how fast do you bring down your phantom? i was curios because ive heard of some pilots bottom out stick and shuting off mmotors. later firmware prevented the phantom from shuting down in flight.is this correct?

No, the Phantom won't shut down, while still in the air. You can pull the stick all the way down, and it will only descend a little faster. Their is a limit written into the firmware, how fast you can bring her down. ;-)
But as I stated, I usually use a little forward travel when landing.
The drone can tell when it lands and that turning off its running motors is safe.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules