Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Adjustable remote controller antennas
2145 13 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zbig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

Hi guys, please tell me I'm not the only one who hadn't realized you can do this with Spark RC's antennas before few weeks after I got my Spark It both makes proper antenna alignment in different flight situations easier and me feeling kinda stupid now

DSC_0055 2.jpg
2017-10-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This might help.

2017-10-4
Use props
LouisP
Captain
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

NO.. you are not the only one... first time I did it.. I thought I had broken one.
2017-10-4
Use props
Zbig
Second Officer
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-4 12:40
This might help.

https://youtu.be/EHoGvvCbukA

Thanks for this. The funny thing is I already saw that and was aware of the proper antennae orientation relative to the aircraft. Yet I for some reason was under the impression that the Spark RC's antennas cannot do that (they show Phantom in the video) and I was somehow supposed to manipulate my whole device to orient the antennas properly. Go figure ;) To my defense, I'd say DJI hasn't done really good job explaining this in the manual (as in not showing the antennas being actually adjusted) and I have read it even before I got my Spark.
2017-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-4 12:40
This might help.

https://youtu.be/EHoGvvCbukA

Thanks, had not found it yet
2017-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Zbig Posted at 2017-10-4 12:48
Thanks for this. The funny thing is I already saw that and was aware of the proper antennae orientation relative to the aircraft. Yet I for some reason was under the impression that the Spark RC's antennas cannot do that (they show Phantom in the video) and I was somehow supposed to manipulate my whole device to orient the antennas properly. Go figure ;) To my defense, I'd say DJI hasn't done really good job explaining this in the manual (as in not showing the antennas being actually adjusted) and I have read it even before I got my Spark.

I have to say on page 36 there is a clear picture of the antenna's pointing out.
And on page 38 they mention the optimal positioning of the antenna's (up).
So even though I don't own a Spark (yet), I was aware of the fact that I had to adjust them.
But true, the manual does not explicitly tells you to
2017-10-4
Use props
Zbig
Second Officer
Poland

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-4 12:56
I have to say on page 36 there is a clear picture of the antenna's pointing out.
And on page 38 they mention the optimal positioning of the antenna's (up).
So even though I don't own a Spark (yet), I was aware of the fact that I had to adjust them.

Ok, then it's just me being thick, it's settled ;)
2017-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Zbig Posted at 2017-10-4 12:57
Ok, then it's just me being thick, it's settled ;)

No worries.
Glad you found out!
The other day I discovered (after 10 years) what a specific bit in my screwdriver set was for.....
Learning all the time
2017-10-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Zbig Posted at 2017-10-4 12:48

As montfrooij said it’s in the manual, but I agree they need to improve the manual in a lot of ways to make it more friendly to use more informative and a lot more substance, after all it’s is always dji’s opening mantra to make sure you read the manual. So you make a good point and maybe someone should start a thread for those who would like to see a better and more informative Manual..
2017-10-4
Use props
schlomm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67746 ft
Germany

I'm sorry to ask, but I don't get it
What is so special at the picture shown in the first post ?
2017-10-4
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

How could one NOT realize that they bend when they are bent toward each other to fold up when not in use?
For that matter, they are folded over each other the first time you touch them... right outta the box.

To quote another post on another forum.....
RTFM
Read The effFin Manual.

Why should DJI bother to write a more in depth manual when so many never read it at all?

Sorry if this is a bit rough.
But...
   REALLY???
2017-10-4
Use props
daveddo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158009 ft
United States

I wonder if this is the reason behind a few peoples’ connection issues. Not deploying the antennas interferes with the signal
2017-10-4
Use props
Pirikitto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183658 ft
United States

schlomm Posted at 2017-10-4 13:33
I'm sorry to ask, but I don't get it
What is so special at the picture shown in the first post ?

I did not even understand it myself
what's special about the photo?
What should we read in the manual?!?!?
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yeah, the antennas are adjustable. Always make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft during the flight. Happy flying.
2017-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules