Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Good Morning America features my video
1081 14 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justin_mcvideo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 191896 ft
United States

This was a nice surprise to wake up to this morning.  A few National media outlets like ABC News, Good Morning America, Yahoo! and MSN have featured a video I shot 3 days ago of the fall colors in Northern Utah, specifically Garden City near Bear Lake.  Shot with DJI Phantom 4.

Good Morning America:

https://www.facebook.com/GoodMorningAmerica/videos/10155042111172061

ABC World News

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ01fjQAdI9/

Yahoo! News

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/drone-footage-captures-fall-foliage-001200313.html

MSN

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/newsus/drone-footage-captures-fall-foliage-in-garden-city-utah/vp-AAsPSZ8

My original clip:

2017-10-4
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Congratulations are in order!  I can see why they aired it.
2017-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one!
2017-10-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

That is some really nice fall color.  Well done!  
2017-10-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Looks like fall, across our colorful Northern latitudes... ;-)

Keep it up!! Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-10-4
Use props
repairman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

great video!
2017-10-4
Use props
Bracco
Captain
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Great video Congratulations
2017-10-4
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1443894 ft
  • >>>
Australia

yep pretty nice video there.Nice variation of colour.
2017-10-5
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats and well done on the coverage. Good to see this kind of coverage and not those awful negative drone headlines.
2017-10-5
Use props
justin_mcvideo
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for the feedback everybody!  I am also very pleased that nobody has chosen to dull down the conversation by asking if I have a Part 107 permit.  Since nobody has asked, allow me to rant and be free from accusing anybody here!  Unfortunately, other conversations in other groups have focused on legal garbage rather than enjoying the footage.

Whether I have the permit or not, is nobody's business but the FAA.  If they want to investigate, I really, TRULY hope it takes a lot of their resources and time to learn if I have my 107 or not.  I hope it wastes their time.

Let me clear the air, I'm not getting paid. Second, I just think it's a damned shame to be so concerned over every clip we see in the media if it was obtained with the Part 107 permit. That's a depressing way to live. I choose to just enjoy what I see, instead of spending my time investigating whether or not the footage I see was done with the proper legal intentions. Every one of my media clips that has been shared in the News / Media, maybe a dozen now, were shot because I wanted to get out and capture the moment. If an outlet wants to share that clip afterwards, the FAA can keep their friggin' nose out of our business.

And now to end on a positive note again, thanks for the compliments!
2017-10-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

For tax reasons alone, please keep it to yourself. Hahaha

Hope we get much more positivity, soon.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-5
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Very nice video, love the colours.
2017-10-5
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Beautiful colors!
2017-10-5
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

justin_mcvideo Posted at 2017-10-5 07:08
Thanks for the feedback everybody!  I am also very pleased that nobody has chosen to dull down the conversation by asking if I have a Part 107 permit.  Since nobody has asked, allow me to rant and be free from accusing anybody here!  Unfortunately, other conversations in other groups have focused on legal garbage rather than enjoying the footage.

Whether I have the permit or not, is nobody's business but the FAA.  If they want to investigate, I really, TRULY hope it takes a lot of their resources and time to learn if I have my 107 or not.  I hope it wastes their time.

Agree...and Nice Work you are famous now!

Don't know what those others are saying you refer too, but you don't have to have a 107 to be compensated for a video you happen to capture while enjoying your hobby.  This big government mentality some now have is killing this country.  It's the same BS thought process that shuts down a couple of kids selling lemonade or the one who mows a couple of lawns and the morons who say they need to be certified by the health office and have a business license, it is garbage.
So whether you got a few bucks or not is no body's business, as you say.
Enjoy!
2017-10-5
Use props
justin_mcvideo
Second Officer
United States

Thanks everybody
2017-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now