no wifi to RC
4786 30 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Hi Guys, turn on my RC and drone today and found that the on light sayed RED , hmmm  no wifi connected ,  did the reset with buttons , got the flshing red/green light - few mins later  beep beep beep beep and it just keeps going like that. so i turned  it off .  turn back on and back to RED light again.  PLEASE HELP
2017-10-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Take a look in the manual and go through the re-linking procedure.
2017-10-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-4 20:30
Please try to relink your drone and RC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... sG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

Is the procedure shown in the video, the same for a Phantom 3 Standard?

As that was where the OP posted his question...

RedHotPoker
2017-10-4
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-4 20:33

Hi, not even close .  RC and drone are linked , I start the drone manually. that working green light on drone slow flashing yellow rear lights.   I not seeing the phantoms wifi SSID   on my  TAB or phones .  On the RC the on red light stays Red  
2017-10-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Altech Posted at 2017-10-4 20:48
Hi, not even close .  RC and drone are linked , I start the drone manually. that working green light on drone slow flashing yellow rear lights.   I not seeing the phantoms wifi SSID   on my  TAB or phones .  On the RC the on red light stays Red

Perhaps try this one. ;-)

Hopefully, we can help get you flying...

If the drone and RC are already linked, I'm not quite sure where the problem originated.

RedHotPoker

2017-10-4
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Getting no wifi info from RC to pair up to on  my Tablet
2017-10-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Altech Posted at 2017-10-4 21:31
Getting no wifi info from RC to pair up to on  my Tablet

Can you check, under About, in the Go app, to see which firmware versions you have installed?

RedHotPoker
2017-10-4
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-4 21:49
Can you check, under About, in the Go app, to see which firmware versions you have installed?

no connection between RC to Go App as no wifi cinnected
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-4 20:33

Oh, I am so sorry, I think there is something wrong with my browser or something else. I paste the P3S linking procedure but shown MP's, and even when I edit it, it won't correct it back. Thank you so much of your reminder. I would delete my common in case the misleading.
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Altech Posted at 2017-10-4 22:47

So the drone is connected properly with the RC, but no WiFi launch, right? The RC beeps when the sticks are not at the central position, or low energy, or long time's disconnected. Had you happened to reset the RC's WiFi? Please try, you can refer to the tutorial below. If you can link the mobile device, you might need to update the firmware of the RC. If still no WiFi is detected, I would recommend sending it in for repair.
2017-10-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-5 03:25
Oh, I am so sorry, I think there is something wrong with my browser or something else. I paste the P3S linking procedure but shown MP's, and even when I edit it, it won't correct it back. Thank you so much of your reminder. I would delete my common in case the misleading.

Ok, that's good, that you know what the concern here is. Thanks.

Hopefully you can get it corrected, for all of our benefits. Best wishes...

RedHotPoker

2017-10-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Altech Posted at 2017-10-4 22:47

Alright, help is on the way. Or you know the general routine. Send it in for analysis and repair...

RedHotPoker
2017-10-5
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

A bit out there, maybe, but is it possible that this is related to your distance issue? You said that it looked like the Argtek installation may not have been done right. Is it possible that the wifi antenna has become completely disconnected, making it impossible to connect via wifi? Maybe look into the installation and see if it fixes things.
2017-10-5
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What Phantom are you want to fly? P3 Standard ?
2017-10-5
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-5 03:32
So the drone is connected properly with the RC, but no WiFi launch, right? The RC beeps when the sticks are not at the central position, or low energy, or long time's disconnected. Had you happened to reset the RC's WiFi? Please try, you can refer to the tutorial below. If you can link the mobile device, you might need to update the firmware of the RC. If still no WiFi is detected, I would recommend sending it in for repair.

Hi still no go , ;sending it to a repairer in Australia is like buying a new controller in the first place.  all charging over $100 bucks AUS  per hour.  So I think I find a New controller somewhere , most likely it will come from the U.S. anyway.   So if anyone has a spare RC for P3S . please message me  cheers Alex
2017-10-5
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-10-5 07:37
A bit out there, maybe, but is it possible that this is related to your distance issue? You said that it looked like the Argtek installation may not have been done right. Is it possible that the wifi antenna has become completely disconnected, making it impossible to connect via wifi? Maybe look into the installation and see if it fixes things.

Yes , I like were your going , maybe to many "hands" have been inside of the controller.  Time to just replace the RC and start again.
2017-10-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Altech Posted at 2017-10-5 16:10
Hi still no go , ;sending it to a repairer in Australia is like buying a new controller in the first place.  all charging over $100 bucks AUS  per hour.  So I think I find a New controller somewhere , most likely it will come from the U.S. anyway.   So if anyone has a spare RC for P3S . please message me  cheers Alex

It is very unlikely that your RC is faulty, much more likely a problem on the phone end.
2017-10-5
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-5 16:15
It is very unlikely that your RC is faulty, much more likely a problem on the phone end.

I have 4 devices at home that can't find the RC wifi ,  I think its the Controller playing up
2017-10-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Altech Posted at 2017-10-5 16:18
I have 4 devices at home that can't find the RC wifi ,  I think its the Controller playing up

Before you go much further, check if the controller can actually control the aircraft. Can you start the engines, lift off and land again?

Next, you need to go into the setting on your phone, WiFi settings, and look to see if the phone cane see the WiFi signal from the controller. Often you phone will complain that the signal does not have Internet connection, but that is both correct and normal, select it anyway.
2017-10-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Geebax, I would bet money that's what's happening.  It confuses a lot of P3S new owners when they see that in orange letters.
2017-10-5
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-5 16:30
Before you go much further, check if the controller can actually control the aircraft. Can you start the engines, lift off and land again?

Next, you need to go into the setting on your phone, WiFi settings, and look to see if the phone cane see the WiFi signal from the controller. Often you phone will complain that the signal does not have Internet connection, but that is both correct and normal, select it anyway.

1/  Yes the RC can control the drone as I have mention in past post.  2/  No all my devices can't see the RC
2017-10-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Altech Posted at 2017-10-5 16:56
1/  Yes the RC can control the drone as I have mention in past post.  2/  No all my devices can't see the RC

I just looked at the manual, and it says that when the RC unit beeps and the on light is flashing red, that the battery is low and needs charging. Have you tried charging the battery?
2017-10-5
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-5 17:18
I just looked at the manual, and it says that when the RC unit beeps and the on light is flashing red, that the battery is low and needs charging. Have you tried charging the battery?

Hmmm , I didn't say that red light was flashing .  i say i did the reset which makes the light red and green  .

anyway I downloaded some  " find my wifi apps" . and what they are see that it's showing up on them , but there's no  mac address showing . or what ever .  some how it has no iputs data .   i'm at a lost.
2017-10-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Altech Posted at 2017-10-5 17:50
Hmmm , I did say that red light was flashing .  i say i did the reset which makes the light red and green  .

anyway I downloaded some  " find my wifi apps" . and what they are see that it's showing up on them , but there's no  mac address showing . or what ever .  some how it has no iputs data .   i'm at a lost.

Sorry, but I can't make head nor tail of that. If the RC unit light is flashing red, then the RC unit needs to be charged. If the RC unit light is steady, then it says there is no cummunication with the drone. First you need to work this out, either one message or the other. If it needs charging, deal with that first.

The WiFi connection between the RC unit and the phone is not a normal WiFi connection, and some phones get confused because it does not have an internet connection. But you can still connect to the WiFi even so.
2017-10-5
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-5 18:20
Sorry, but I can't make head nor tail of that. If the RC unit light is flashing red, then the RC unit needs to be charged. If the RC unit light is steady, then it says there is no cummunication with the drone. First you need to work this out, either one message or the other. If it needs charging, deal with that first.

The WiFi connection between the RC unit and the phone is not a normal WiFi connection, and some phones get confused because it does not have an internet connection. But you can still connect to the WiFi even so.

Now you got me lost, first thing i met to say didn't say that about red light flashing.  all the the other things you have been going on about , " let it go " .      other members have noted that  this could be why I have had problems with my drone that I have talk about in my other Post about " No Signal"   OK lets move on . Now I'm looking at a replacement RC for my P3S   .   Cheers Alex
2017-10-5
Use props
Phillbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3599 ft
Australia

One for sale on the bay right now...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DJI-P ... -WiFi-/272590406851
2017-10-5
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Phillbo Posted at 2017-10-5 20:40
One for sale on the bay right now...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DJI-Phantom-3-Standard-5-8GHz-Remote-Controller-RC-Transmitter-Internal-WiFi-/272590406851

I saw that one in the states , hopefully there is cheaper one here in OZ .  don't want spend much on a drone i'm trying to sell   Cheers
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Altech Posted at 2017-10-5 16:10

Sorry to hear that. You won't get the charge fee if it is a warranty case, may I know when did you activate your drone?
2017-10-9
Use props
francois.R
New

Germany

Hi, just give it a try.. i've running in the exact same problem and if i start the rc till it connects to bird and no wifi shows up on my mobil i shutdown the controller and restart it within 3 seconds. Aftter it reconnects to the bird the wifi also shows up. Not a great workaround for me, but it works.

best

Francois
2017-10-9
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

francois.R Posted at 2017-10-9 13:54
Hi, just give it a try.. i've running in the exact same problem and if i start the rc till it connects to bird and no wifi shows up on my mobil i shutdown the controller and restart it within 3 seconds. Aftter it reconnects to the bird the wifi also shows up. Not a great workaround for me, but it works.

best

Thanks , I give it try tonite after work  Cheers Alex
2017-10-9
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Ok Guys, Replacement controller here, got the green light to link , Few drone last friday and I getting better results than having the Other RC with the antanna mods. e.g.  Range and Height . So just keeping this drone for back up. thanks for all help with my post cheers Alex
2017-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules