Course and Home lock features?
1797 13 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dehner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549931 ft
Philippines

Being a Phantom 3 user I've been missing out some functions like the Home and Course lock?  Is the feature not available now in the DJI Go 4 app?  or am I just not seeing where to do this?  
2017-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

As of yet it is not present for Spark.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I sorry to tell that Spark doesn't have the functions you mentioned above, many users had talked about this and I had forwarded this need to our engineers, hope more intelligent flight functions will be supported in the future.
2017-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-5 01:22
I sorry to tell that Spark doesn't have the functions you mentioned above, many users had talked about this and I had forwarded this need to our engineers, hope more intelligent flight functions will be supported in the future.

That would be great indeed!
2017-10-5
Use props
Hecate
lvl.4
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-5 02:53
That would be great indeed!

Hi, got a assistant 2 file  from a friend and shows a lot more options for the spark, in flight settings under IOC it shows course and home lock is turned off and it seams no channel is specified for the IOC switch, so either way they are working on it or have not turned the option on yet. In any case is good news we might eventually get course and home lock, every $50 drone out there has these features.
2017-10-5
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

My intuition is that it's a marketing thing, one more differentiation in favor of the Mavic to justify a double price. Spark has those capabilities, but they are not enabled in the official version of GO 4.
2017-10-5
Use props
tcase
lvl.2
Flight distance : 988 ft
United States

Course lock. Yes please.
2017-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hecate Posted at 2017-10-5 15:10
Hi, got a assistant 2 file  from a friend and shows a lot more options for the spark, in flight settings under IOC it shows course and home lock is turned off and it seams no channel is specified for the IOC switch, so either way they are working on it or have not turned the option on yet. In any case is good news we might eventually get course and home lock, every $50 drone out there has these features.

Sounds like it was opted out specifically.
2017-10-5
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

What are these features for? What do they do?
2017-10-5
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Course lock is like tapfly, where the orientation of the aircraft can be changed while it goes along a strait line, i.e. sideways.
Home lock is the same, but limited to a straight path between the pilot and the aircraft. Less useful, but you
can bring it home by pulling the backwards stick, no matter the orientation of the aircraft.
2017-10-6
Use props
dehner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549931 ft
Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-5 01:22

Thanks for the info.   
2017-10-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

as a mavic owner with these features, homelock and course lock, i cant see any reason the spark needs it given the sparks weaker battery life, not saying the spark should not have same features, it should, it can, spark is amazing amount of tech packed insane, but dji has limited it because they targeting the entry crowd and the "everyone" sort of market..   that being said.. hopefully one day

also, been thinking, Spark Pro, i would buy one if dji did it right with the spark pro...
2017-10-9
Use props
beebopbogo12
New

United States

"Failed to enter Course Lock Mode. Mission conflict."

Anybody ever get this error?

Phantom 3 Pro.
Android DJI Go v3.1.10
I've successfully flown in Course Lock with the exact same setup that is now giving me issues. I've tried it in different locations, different charge rates, but always the same equipment.

2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

beebopbogo12 Posted at 2017-10-9 10:40
"Failed to enter Course Lock Mode. Mission conflict."

Anybody ever get this error?

Were there any other operations before you initiated the Course Lock? Have you switched the RC to F mode?
2017-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules