OSMO + Wired Video Adaptor + Samsung S8 = Facebook live over wifi?
723 4 2017-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rustmonster
New

United States

Hi,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a way to use the Osmo to get a stable signal for facebook live use over wifi.

I've been using the Osmo with my iPhone, which, when the 4G signal is strong enough all is good but a few times it's been a bit unstable.

I'm more than happy to buy an android phone and the Wired Video Adaptor if that means the phone can then use the wifi for streaming purposes. But before I splash out on that and find out for myself,  I wondered if anyone else has done it and can confirm it works?

Cheers
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

This issue may have as much to do with your reception of  your mobile phone as you have mentioned that the signal is strong but a few times unstable.
2017-10-5
Use props
rustmonster
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-5 09:36
This issue may have as much to do with your reception of  your mobile phone as you have mentioned that the signal is strong but a few times unstable.

Hi, I know the issue is down to the data reception on my mobile phone.

What I'm trying to confirm is,  by using the Wired Video Adaptor, it can free up the wifi signal to be used to stream instead of relying on patchy 4G.

If that is possible I will invest in an Android handset as I currently don't have one. I  ideally don't want to spend the money on an expensive android phone and the adaptor just to test it and find it doesn't work or is no better than my current setup.
2017-10-6
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too would like to know this
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

rustmonster Posted at 2017-10-6 01:11
Hi, I know the issue is down to the data reception on my mobile phone.

What I'm trying to confirm is,  by using the Wired Video Adaptor, it can free up the wifi signal to be used to stream instead of relying on patchy 4G.

If you can tap into a Wi Fi modem while using this, please see if that helps.
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules