5486 7 2017-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RolandF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10955 ft
Germany

Hi,
is there a way to fly perfect circles around a building, without using Autopilot from Hangar?
A circle around  a person is no problem with my Spark, but i need the possibility to fly around large objects like buildings.

What is your hint for me?

Thanks

Roland
2017-10-5
Use props
RJ70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6001 ft
United States

Wait for DJI to add POI to Spark firmware might be your best bet. I have tried to use both circle and active track to capture larger objects and it just does not work, I can not get it to lock on. You could try a third party app like Litchi or Autopilot as you mentioned but it is a bit of an at your own risk adventure. I will say I had good success with Autopilot and my phantom 3 but I have not tested it with the spark. I have tried Litchi with the spark on some very short flights.  I have had some wonky behavior such as the AC flying faster and being less responsive to the stick controls. It concerned me enough that I am just waiting out more updates and I remain hopeful that DJI adds POI to the Spark. Best of luck to you, if I find a successful method I will be sure to follow up this post.
2017-10-6
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Autopilot, and forget dji app ever having this feature. If they ever do it won't work as well.
2017-10-6
Use props
Mick92627
lvl.2
United States

Sasquad Posted at 2017-10-6 08:13
Autopilot, and forget dji app ever having this feature. If they ever do it won't work as well.

This.  

Autopilot has made my Spark into a new drone.  It's slightly complex yes, but totally doable and worth it.
2017-10-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Litchi does not have orbit for Spark yet
2017-10-6
Use props
RolandF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10955 ft
Germany

Mick92627 Posted at 2017-10-6 10:10
This.  

Autopilot has made my Spark into a new drone.  It's slightly complex yes, but totally doable and worth it.

I also think that Autopilot is a great Software, but i'm not sure what DJI think about the warranty in this case.
2017-10-6
Use props
RJ70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6001 ft
United States

Here is a video I captured today using Autopilot and Orbit mode and my spark. I would say the quality is not perfect with some jerky motion of both the gimble and aircraft. I just wish it were a bit smoother. But as a fly around it is better then anything I could reproduce without software assistance.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j_I4m7toMjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Please review the Intelligent flight modes on the Spark to get a better understanding on what the aircraft is capable in doing. You can find that information here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.4.pdf
2017-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules