Was Spark Your First? What Next?
1902 18 2017-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Anyone else started their drone hobby with a Spark? And what are your thoughts on what drone to get next? I like the features of the Phanton 4 Pro but I like the looks and size of the Mavic...

2017-10-5
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I love my Spark, and considering Mavic Pro down the track if I continue.
2017-10-5
Use props
Neeon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453701 ft
Fiji

Mavic will most likely be my next drone mainly for the size.
2017-10-5
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

Spark popped my cherry to the DJI brand of drone photography, yes. Iʻll probably graduate to a Mavic. DJI is handling their prosumerʻs properly with their offerings, Iʻd think. Like getting a Honda Civic and moving towards a Honda Accord. Get them in cheap, move them up.
2017-10-5
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

The Spark was my first and I probably will not resist acquiring a Mavic in the future.
2017-10-5
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

The spark is my first of the kind. But as an expirenced rc helicopter pilot, I should have chosen something flying faster and with better manual control. Maybe a phantom, but they are huge. The mavic would be interesting if it came with a full size controller.
2017-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Spark definitely sparked my interest in a drone.
So far I have not bought one, because I miss some features and need to save some more to be able to buy either a MP or a Spark.
Just waiting for the right time to buy one (like when the sales kicks in)
2017-10-6
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

Parrot AR Drone 2 was my 1st years ago.  

But, in the last year, I bought the Mavic Pro first, and love it.  When the Spark came out, I grabbed it on release day.  I use my Spark more than my MP on a day to day basis.  But, I will say I am more confident with the MP by far (I had 1 fly away instance with the Spark, and haven't trusted it since). Now, when I played with the Spark in sport mode, it was fun as hell, and actually pushed me in to buying my 1st racing style drone (Walkera Rodeo 110).  2 weeks ago I built my 1st 5" racing quad from scratch and am having fun with freestyle flying .
2017-10-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If your looking to go further with the photography aspect  you should look at a P4P or Inspire 2 as it will inevitable head that way.

I actually use the spark more than the MP for fun and then the P4P is used more than both of them

2017-10-6
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nah - my 4th DJI drone but the one that offers the most fun to fly.
2017-10-6
Use props
pr777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99692 ft
United Kingdom

Spark my 1st enjoy it . Tempted with Mavic Pro/Platinum  trying to hold off till next cool iteration ? Spark ....Mavic .....Phantom ...... cant be long before something supersedes current line up.......?!
2017-10-6
Use props
DronerX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

A Phantom 3 Standard was my first last year.   The Spark is my second and will eventually add a Mavic Pro/Platinum.  Flying the Phantom is a different experience than the Spark, for sure.
2017-10-6
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Last week, I made pre order for the mavic and this week I bought the spark.

I've been flying with Phantom 3 adv. I had good memories with it!
2017-10-6
Use props
Bozora
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142234 ft
Singapore

I use the spark for practise and flight time-

I used the Inspire X5R for work and commercial shoot%

Prefer flying w a 2 men tag team%. One pilot One Cameraman

Considering the Inspire 2 now
2017-10-6
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spark is my first and I don't know how I could ever leave her behind.  I have a friend on the board of General Atomics, maybe an older model Predator would be a nice fly....
2017-10-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

My first was a Mavic, then a P4 then a spark and now waiting for a Mavic Platinum.
2017-10-6
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

Bought a mavic pro
2017-10-7
Use props
Sassafras4me
lvl.2
United States

Probably a second gen Spark, or a backup 1st gen. Most likely going to skip the Mavic line and go larger.
2017-10-7
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Pro was first, then the Spark. Plus I fly the rescue squad's Phantom 3 Standard. I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me grab a Phantom 4 Pro.
2017-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules