DJI Assistant Connectivity Issue
1324 13 2017-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

I tried connecting Assistant 2 to my Spark and/or RC but can't recognize them. Any idea of how to resolve this issue? I tried both on Mac and PC (Win 10) and used the latest software downloaded.
What do in the sequence:

1. power up the device (Spark or RC)
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2
3. Connect the Micro USB cable

The DJI Assistant 2 just shows the main screen without popping up further control panel. I have logged into my DJI account as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

James
2017-10-5
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

ah... problem resolved when I tried the 5th Micro USB cable.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

jcgoobee Posted at 2017-10-6 06:53
ah... problem resolved when I tried the 5th Micro USB cable.

Glad to hear you were able to sort it out.
2017-10-6
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-6 13:31
Glad to hear you were able to sort it out.

Yes, it's working with one particular MicroUSB cable that I have plugged in, but still unclear what cable is compatible with the Spark though. I'd be grateful if you can share any insight. Thanks.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jcgoobee Posted at 2017-10-6 15:30
Yes, it's working with one particular MicroUSB cable that I have plugged in, but still unclear what cable is compatible with the Spark though. I'd be grateful if you can share any insight. Thanks.

Off the top of my head, I don't know the version type. Generally, it's a USB cable that has a high data transfer capability and not just for charging. Ones for phones and tablets are generally good, because they can be used to connect to the computer for file transfers. You can't go wrong with the one that comes with the unit itself.
2017-10-6
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-6 15:33
Off the top of my head, I don't know the version type. Generally, it's a USB cable that has a high data transfer capability and not just for charging. Ones for phones and tablets are generally good, because they can be used to connect to the computer for file transfers. You can't go wrong with the one that comes with the unit itself.

Thank you very much. Since I have you here, Jamie, hope you don't mind me asking a question. Do I have to register my Spark with FAA? Some people said I do, but some said the ruling has been revised so registration is no longer required. I'm a bit confused on that part. Please kindly share your wisdom. Thanks in advance.

James
2017-10-6
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

Watch for SCAM sites...here is the word from FAA Site.  https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/fly_for_fun/  It is optional for most of us that aren't droning commercially and making money.  That said, registering is fairly cheap and I guess you get some numbers to put on your spark.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jcgoobee Posted at 2017-10-6 15:43
Thank you very much. Since I have you here, Jamie, hope you don't mind me asking a question. Do I have to register my Spark with FAA? Some people said I do, but some said the ruling has been revised so registration is no longer required. I'm a bit confused on that part. Please kindly share your wisdom. Thanks in advance.

James

There could be a chance that it may change in the future, but currently hobbyists do not need to register:

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/registration_deletion/

I would suggest reviewing the FAA website directly for any additional updates. The commercial pilots still need to register for certain.
2017-10-6
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

JCStorbeck Posted at 2017-10-6 16:10
Watch for SCAM sites...here is the word from FAA Site.  https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/fly_for_fun/  It is optional for most of us that aren't droning commercially and making money.  That said, registering is fairly cheap and I guess you get some numbers to put on your spark.

Thanks JCStorbeck!!!
2017-10-6
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-6 16:22
There could be a chance that it may change in the future, but currently hobbyists do not need to register:

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/registration_deletion/

Thanks a lot, Jamie. This is helpful. I will keep an eye on the future development should there be any. Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy flying like a bird... LOL
2017-10-6
Use props
Ismar 1
New
Flight distance : 2349 ft

Brazil

I need help so that the radio control does not connect to the dji go application, could you help me?

Personally, I'm Ismar I live in Brazil and I'm using google translator, I hope you can help me, I can not connect my smartphone to the radio control of the phantom. the DJ application does not match the radio or my phantom model, making it impossible to connect to view the video.

Until then my equipment was normal after updating the firmware tested and it worked normally so I turned it off and put it to load, when reconnecting it no longer connected.

I already changed the usb cables and put other smartphone devices and still the problem continues.

I use the Android 7.1.1 system, I already activated the developer option, the debug usb and did not solve the problem.

Is there any way to reset the whole system back to zero? or to correct this problem? follow the data on my device.

FCC Aircraft ID: 553-WM3221510
RADIO: SS3-GL3001510
DJI GO: v3.1.11
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ismar 1 Posted at 2017-10-7 08:14
I need help so that the radio control does not connect to the dji go application, could you help me?

Which aircraft are you referring to? Phantom 3 standard, advanced or professional?  What mobile device are you using?
2017-10-8
Use props
Ismar 1
New
Flight distance : 2349 ft

Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-8 20:12
Which aircraft are you referring to? Phantom 3 standard, advanced or professional?  What mobile device are you using?

Phantom 3 Advanced e iPhone 5s e Asus Zenfone 3 Max
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ismar 1 Posted at 2017-10-9 12:53
Phantom 3 Advanced e iPhone 5s e Asus Zenfone 3 Max

Try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller and then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.
2017-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules