Phantom 3 SE 4-5 Second Delay/Lag Between Camera And Screen/Monitor
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lugh23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21604 ft
Ireland

Hi all, this is my first post. I bought my PS-SE back in June and the  manual etc was in Chinese as it wasn't released outside China yet. It  still worked great and is stable but there is lagging about 4-5 seconds  between camera and my screen. I used a Samsung Galaxy phone and had the  problem so I bought a tablet with 2gb Ram and wifi/gps etc.. and only  have the DJI Go App and DroneLogbook Apps on it and still the lag. I've  calibrated everything and gone through as many settings as I know  including lowering from 4k to 1080P on camera plus buying a SanDisk  Elite Ultra 100mbps SD card. I even cleaned the cable going into gimble  and switched off the video cache log and problem remains. The film taken  is perfect with no lag it's just I have to fly within line of sight and  be careful.  The lag/delay is there when it's close or far from  transmitter. It's headwrecking to be honest as I can't figure out what  to do. Any idea's people?                 
2017-10-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

There is really only one reason that you have lag, your tablet is not processing the video fast enough. Yes, the video recorded to the SD card will be perfect because it is being recorded in the aircraft.

If you have disabled caching to the tablet and it is still lagging, then you have probably done as much as you can to reduce the lag. The most important feature in a tablet in terms of running the Go App is the graphics processing capability of the tablet. If it is not great, then you will get lag. The amount of RAM does not really have any effect on lag.

Sorry to say, your tablet is probably not up to the task.
2017-10-5
Use props
Lugh23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21604 ft
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-5 17:39
There is really only one reason that you have lag, your tablet is not processing the video fast enough. Yes, the video recorded to the SD card will be perfect because it is being recorded in the aircraft.

If you have disabled caching to the tablet and it is still lagging, then you have probably done as much as you can to reduce the lag. The most important feature in a tablet in terms of running the Go App is the graphics processing capability of the tablet. If it is not great, then you will get lag. The amount of RAM does not really have any effect on lag.

The only reason I bought the tablet is for the Phantom as I couldn't see the screen on my phone even though it has a 5 inch one. I looked for secondhand tablets but all the ones with wifi were $100 upwards and 99% were only 7-8 inch so not much bigger than my phone. I looked on some well known Chinese sites which also sell drones and asked would a few I picked work so they said no to 2 and yes to this which cost $120 and has a CPU Processor MT6753 Cortex A53 Octa-Core. I thought you needed mobile 4G data as well on Tablet for google maps etc.. to work. Lot's of people are having problems with lag. I wish DJI would lower the price of their monitor and have it work with all models as I'm sure a lot more people would buy it. This is the tablet I bought.  http://en.myvoyo.com/chanpin/pingban/811.shtml
2017-10-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Lugh23 Posted at 2017-10-7 05:04
The only reason I bought the tablet is for the Phantom as I couldn't see the screen on my phone even though it has a 5 inch one. I looked for secondhand tablets but all the ones with wifi were $100 upwards and 99% were only 7-8 inch so not much bigger than my phone. I looked on some well known Chinese sites which also sell drones and asked would a few I picked work so they said no to 2 and yes to this which cost $120 and has a CPU Processor MT6753 Cortex A53 Octa-Core. I thought you needed mobile 4G data as well on Tablet for google maps etc.. to work. Lot's of people are having problems with lag. I wish DJI would lower the price of their monitor and have it work with all models as I'm sure a lot more people would buy it. This is the tablet I bought.  http://en.myvoyo.com/chanpin/pingban/811.shtml

I looked at the specs on that tablet, and they seem to be pretty average. There is no mention of a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), and that would be very handy to have.

It is getting old now, but the Apple iPad Air 2 is my tablet of choice, you can still get refurbished ones at reasonable prices.
2017-10-7
Use props
fans63ec32ae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361572 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have the same problem,  with Xiaomi MI 6 smartphone, specs of my phone are super.... and with DJI GO 4 and my Mavic streaming is very good.....
BUT
with Phantom 3 SE and DJI GO the situation is RIDICULOUS

DJI wake UP!!!! all Android users have the same issues
2017-10-21
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-5 17:39

I agree.

It is clear where the problem lies, it is the receiving monitor, even when the video feed is much lower than that stored in the camera, the control monitor still has a lot to do. The problem solution is not so easy, you need to find a suitable monitor. Second hand (refurbished) units are a choice if you are using it mainly for one thing. Try finding a model that you know works. This is not easy, you need someone you know with a suitable pad to install the software and do a check out, you do not need to go flying. Alternatively a suitable second hand shop that will help you check out a pad or so, take the drone with you.
2017-10-22
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

fans63ec32ae Posted at 2017-10-21 23:23
I have the same problem,  with Xiaomi MI 6 smartphone, specs of my phone are super.... and with DJI GO 4 and my Mavic streaming is very good.....
BUT
with Phantom 3 SE and DJI GO the situation is RIDICULOUS

In defence of DJI, it really is a “jungle out there”, it is certainly impossible to design for every single option in terms of hardware. Particularly as some of the manufacturers of equipment are selling a lot of lies anyway.

A non-exhaustive table listing working setups would be nice, I am sure that most of the information is already available in the development labs by DJI.
2017-10-22
Use props
fans63ec32ae
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-22 02:58
In defence of DJI, it really is a “jungle out there”, it is certainly impossible to design for every single option in terms of hardware. Particularly as some of the manufacturers of equipment are selling a lot of lies anyway.

A non-exhaustive table listing working setups would be nice, I am sure that most of the information is already available in the development labs by DJI.

what you mean? Xiaomi MI 6 specs are fake? LOL...cmon..... already wrote... with DJI GO4 and my Mavic no issues...... is DJI GO (first edition) for Android the fault
2017-10-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans63ec32ae Posted at 2017-10-22 05:12
what you mean? Xiaomi MI 6 specs are fake? LOL...cmon..... already wrote... with DJI GO4 and my Mavic no issues...... is DJI GO (first edition) for Android the fault

No-one said it was a fake, just that it is not good enough to do the job. If you choose to use a phone or tablet that is not on the DJI recommended list, then don't expect it to work. All the DJI Go Apps are complex programs and require powerful devices.
2017-10-22
Use props
fans63ec32ae
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

im testing new version 3.1.18...... first impression is good.. finally
2017-10-27
Use props
fans63ec32ae
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

wonderful! now is very good, Android device Xiaomi MI 6, no lag and i gain 4250 meters before lost signal and RTH

here my video test:
2017-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules