Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Ok,

Now I am getting seriously hacked off.

Had this second replacement aircraft less than a week, done two simulator flights and one 8 minute flight, now iOS App states:

"Deserializer disconnected: Hardware malfunction, please contact customer service for repairing"

Anyone else experience this new malfunction message ?

Looks like this aircraft is also going back to dealer !!

2015-4-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I am a little frustrated that no one from DJI has commented on this latest fault/ malfunction and what it exactly means.

Could this be the reason why there are so many disconnections in flight ??

Come on DJI, a little feedback please.  It all goes to strengthen and enhance any positive relationship between DJI and the end user !
2015-4-8
Use props
New

United States

I have the same problem. I just bought one day and try to upgrade it, but it syas Deserializer disconnected. I have no idea. I contact the dealer and they told me to contact the customer service.
2015-4-21
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

What the heck does Deserializer Disconnected mean.
Crazy?
2015-4-21
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

No ideas???
2015-4-21
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

493814897 Posted at 2015-4-22 05:35
I have the same problem. I just bought one day and try to upgrade it, but it syas Deserializer disco ...

After contacting the 24/7 chat line about this, they informed me it must be returned for repair to DJI.

After just waiting some three weeks for a replacement, I went back to my dealer expecting my unit to be either replaced again or a refund.  

They contacted DJI got an update file sent, updated the aircraft and it has worked.  So didn't have to ship my unit back to DJI, as there is apparently some file download available to fix this.  Something to do with the controller I believe .
2015-4-22
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

GB44 Posted at 2015-4-23 00:19
After contacting the 24/7 chat line about this, they informed me it must be returned for repair to ...

Do you have a copy of that FW file what fixed yr issue ?
I keep a collection of those voodoo's and forced FW, for those who have issues.
At the moment i have 2
1) gs_ofdm.bin (Issues with RC)
2) MVOM0Fw.bin (Issues with Craft sensors)

2015-4-22
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dundee Posted at 2015-4-23 00:35
Do you have a copy of that FW file what fixed yr issue ?
I keep a collection of those voodoo's and ...

Dundee,  

Cant see any files other than the bin files for the firmware updates.  I think they run the file then updated the aircraft with the firmware which was current at the time.  This may have over written the file you seek ?  
2015-4-22
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

GB44 Posted at 2015-4-23 00:57
Dundee,  

Cant see any files other than the bin files for the firmware updates.  I think they run ...

Yes, and i think they uses gs_ofdm.bin as it was your remote with issues.
Thanks anyway, i keep hunting
2015-4-22
Use props
info.burgcopter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 785807 ft
Netherlands

Hi Dundee,

Me too received both files from DJI.
My issue is that the new I1 FW update resulted in a long beeeeep.
It just doesn't allow to get the mew FW installed.
Tx was off, lipo full.
I have full Tx constrol but a message 'No Signal' so no life feed vid.

The gimbal reads the MVOM0Fw.bin file but not the new FW bin file.
Strage thing is that on the formal DJI FW update vid, it says (2.17m) about a 'auto repair' when you hear the continues beep.

Very strange.
New I1, 2 days old, never flew.

Hope you can assist here.
BR Mark
2015-5-4
Use props
aaron.expressio
New

United States

Can someone help me with this deserializer issue please..I just brought my inspire in from a flight this evening it said I needed to update firmware so I did and then bam no controler and a message of deserializer disconnected... Please help... This is not my first rodeo I use this for wedding videos.
2015-8-26
Use props
aaron.expressio
New

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-4-23 01:00
Yes, and i think they uses gs_ofdm.bin as it was your remote with issues.
Thanks anyway, i keep hu ...

Can someone help me with this deserializer issue please..I just brought my inspire in from a flight this evening it said I needed to update firmware so I did and then bam no controler and a message of deserializer disconnected... Please help... This is not my first rodeo I use this for wedding videos.
2015-8-26
Use props
aaron.expressio
New

United States

2015-8-26
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

aaron.expressio Posted at 2015-8-27 13:46
Can someone help me with this deserializer issue please..I just brought my inspire in from a fligh ...

i need more info
1) Aircraft : what FW version installed ?
2) RC :  What FW version installed ?
3) DJI GO installed ?
4) What device you use ? (IOS or Android)
2015-8-26
Use props
Air Expressions
New

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-8-27 14:57
i need more info
2) RC :  What FW version installed ? ...

Apple Ipad 7  inspire 1    firmware installed today was the latest as of 8-4-15      WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin
2015-8-26
Use props
Air Expressions
New

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-8-27 14:57
i need more info
2) RC :  What FW version installed ? ...

Apple Ipad 7  inspire 1    firmware installed today was the latest as of 8-4-15      WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin
2015-8-26
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

Air Expressions Posted at 2015-8-27 14:16
Apple Ipad 7  inspire 1    firmware installed today was the latest as of 8-4-15      WM610_FW_V01 ...

1) Format SD-Card and copy previous FW version (WM610_FW_V01.02.00.16)  into the root.
2) Power Off Remote controller
3) Remove propellers
4) Insert SD-Card into Camera and power on the Craft
5) This should roll your platform back to the previous FW.

Note : No need to roll back Remote Controller.
2015-8-26
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

aaron.expressio Posted at 2015-8-27 07:47
Can someone help me with this deserializer issue please..I just brought my inspire in from a flight  ...

Aaron,

When this happened to me, the message stated that I had to return to DJI for repair.  However, being in the UK, I returned the unit to my dealer as I had just received this replacement aircraft  and didn't want to return it.  They contacted DJI and were sent some files.    Basically left it with them for an hour and when I came back it was fixed and haven't had any more of these messages.

So there is a quick fix out there you just need to ask DJI for the correct files, or go back to the dealer you purchased it from.
2015-8-27
Use props
Air Expressions
New

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-8-27 17:06
Aaron,

When this happened to me, the message stated that I had to return to DJI for repair.  Howev ...

The dealer is located in colorado  im in iowa
2015-8-27
Use props
Air Expressions
New

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-8-27 15:29
1) Format SD-Card and copy previous FW version (WM610_FW_V01.02.00.16)  into the root.
2) Power Of ...

Cant seem to find the downlaod for the version your talking about.
2015-8-27
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Air Expressions Posted at 2015-8-27 17:59

Ok,

Then try contacting the Chat line direct and ask for the files direct so that you can fix yourself.  Try and send an email to DJI Ed or someone in the USA, they may be able to assist.
2015-8-27
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

Air Expressions Posted at 2015-8-27 23:59

My bad. I correct:  Inspire 1 Firmware v1.2.1.06
2015-8-27
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

info.burgcopter Posted at 2015-5-4 17:36
Hi Dundee,

Me too received both files from DJI.

I am having the same issue. However I have had mine for months. The error occurred during the update.
2015-8-28
Use props
fans1e70454c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196109 ft
United States

Ok serializer - Deserializer  serializer/deserializer (SerDes) is an integrated circuit or device used in high-speed communications for converting between serial data and parallel interfaces in both directions. A SerDes is used in a variety of applications and technologies, where its primary purpose is to provide data transmission over a single or differential line by minimizing the number of I/O pins and connections. In short, it converts parallel data into serial data so that they can travel over media that does not support parallel data or it is used in order to save bandwidth.

That is what it is and what it does.
2017-12-9
Use props
fans1e70454c
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem except mine happened in flight and my P3P flew away never to be recovered and dji refuses to replace it
2017-12-9
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Phantom 4 Pro owner here

Skip to the bottom if you want to know a possible solution

As a Xmas present to myself, I ordered DJI goggles RE along with the HDMI module upgrade for my remote.  They finally arrived the other day and, while waiting for the goggles to charge I installed the HDMI module.  I followed the directions carefully and it seemed to install without incident. I restarted the remote and app and it asked to do a firmware update which I did (twice) and then rebooted. Everything seemed to work normally and when the goggles had charged up a bit I connected them via the USB and played around with the head tracking on the camera. Everything seemed to work as advertised.
The next day I wanted to try it out on a flight, but wanted to check things out carefully before using the goggles. I connected things up as usual and did a short flight (basically hovering in the back yard) just to make sure it was working.  I landed and was preparing the goggles to be connected via HDMI and the picture froze on the tablet. (I hadn't plugged anything in yet)  I restarted the drone and the remote and then I got the error "Deserializer Disconnected - Harware Malfunction contact DJI support for repair"  I googled around a bit and there are many people with this issue but not many solutions. Doing a hard reset on the remote (C1+C2+Camera+shutter while restarting) got rid of the error temporarily.  I was able to connect as normal and even connect with the goggles (over USB) and do a flight with head tracking (super fun!). Yes, I was safe and flew LOS wile a friend had the goggles on and vice-versa.  Then we tried to switch to HDMI for just the ride-along effect I got the error again and couldn't get a picture on the remote.  I hard reset the remote again and the error went away but the picture was much choppier and laggier than normal with lots of artifacts.
So I sent this story to DJI support and this is how they responded:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing with your HDMI board. Rest assured that we are here to help you out regarding your concern.

To address your concern, unfortunately, the app does not work while connecting an external display. Please decrease the bitstream below 8MBPS.

Once you're done, please give us a feedback if the issue was resolved or not.

I hope I was able to assist you with regards to your concern.

Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a great day.

Best Regards,
Zy
DJI Technical Support

I'm not sure what they thought they were answering but it had nothing to do with my problem.  Also, are they saying that the DJI Go app doesn't work when something is connected to the HDMI?  That makes no sense.

**Possible Solution**

I have taken the HDMI board out of the remote and cleaned all the ribbon cables with electrical contact cleaner and put everything back together.  Since then, I have restarted several times using multiple devices (iPad, Android Tablet, Samsung phone) and I haven't gotten the error and things seem to work.

I kinda sorta feel like the picture is a bit choppier than it has been?  It's hard to tell.  Also, I have now tried the goggles via HDMI and it feels like low framerate even though they say it's 720p30

As an aside, I had a temporary problem when I connected the iPad with a non-apple (cheapo) lightning cable.  The iPad complained about it but the app still connected.  I switched to the apple original cable without shutting down and everything seemed to work except I couldn't get the camera to go into video mode or manual mode.  It was behaving very strange.  It went back to normal with a complete reset.
2018-1-17
Use props
fans1e70454c
lvl.1
United States

A Deserializer disconnect
is a {HARDWARE} Malfunction. In other words it id a physcal IC chip used in pairs the serializer takes a parallel signal generated in the RC serializes that signal your transmitter sends that signal to the Drone where it is recieved {Deserialized} back into parallel signals to be executed by the systems onboard the Drone.
If you get THE Malfunction  6002 DESERIALIZER DISCONNECTED just hope you are not in the middle of a flight "Like I was" or say goodbye to you flying photography platform.
2018-2-14
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

All problems I've had in this thread are Apple/iOS related.  Everything goes back to normal when I use Android.  No more glitchy video. No more "deserializer disconnected" No more issues switching video modes.  

I prefer the iPad air 2 because of the size and it seems to be more stable in the app.  Also smoother lower latency video.  It works fine by itself.  The problems happen when I plug something into HDMI.  It will work fine at first but (I think it's when I start changing camera modes).  First the video will become unstable, then completely unusable and sometimes I'll get the deserializer error.  

Re-setting the camera using Android seems to make all the problems go away.  Except that the android app likes to crash during flight all the time and is slower in general.  

IMO the HDMI module doesn't work correctly with the P4P and iOS (or at least the iPad air 2).  
I've been trying to get an answer via support but DJI doesn't seem to care.  
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules