Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTK in actual use?
1130 1 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevinsales
New
Flight distance : 164190 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
I’m looking to buy a M210 and trying to decide between the standard 210 and the RTK,
While there is plenty of promo material outnfor the RTK I’m trying to find anyone who is actually using it for surveys specifically site or mining applications.

I believe the 210s RTK system is better than the previous versions for the m600 as I believe it tags the actual photos which in principle is what I need. However I’m also read that these are not 2-3cm accuracy as the drone is flying an it takes time for the base station to send the correction data to the drone, so you’re looking more like 20-30cm accuracy which isn’t going to cut survey grade. How are people finding the system and are you still relying on GCPs and land based RTK GNSS
I’m which case the main use of the drone RTK would simply be signal interference avoidance?

I guess I should have just asked this at the start...
If anyone is using one, I would be interested to hear how you find it, the whole set up of the base stations etc... and the accuracy of the maps.
I’m looking to use DroneDeploy or possibly agisoft mapper.

Thanks
Kevin.
2017-10-6
Use props
Kiffkool
Second Officer
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

Sadly the RTK does not use its data to geotag pics ...a real missed opportunity by dji . The rtk is only for better flight accuracy in areas of hight magnetic interference ...say surveying powerlines.
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules