2570 34 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snacky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35623 ft
Ireland

Hi,

I have tested so far few devices and don't have great results with DJI Go app on android device

Results:
1) Nvidia Shield K1 (tablet)- signal loss all the time, reinstalled app - was working for few mins and started to losing signal again, not usable
2) Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (tablet) - same issues, not usable
3) Oneplus One (phone), so far so good, bit delay but almost all the time working

Could you share your opinion what tablet/phone is good with Phantom 3 SE and what are your recommendations?

Looks like support is not willing to investigate the issues with "not supported" devices, even if I offered help in getting the logs and do some testing.
2017-10-6
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

It seems that DJI Go does not work well in Android 7. It does not work for me on SAMSUNG TM-555 (tablet) now Play on Android 7.1.1 .
2017-10-6
Use props
snacky
lvl.2
Ireland

MaxBDS Posted at 2017-10-6 02:47
It seems that DJI Go does not work well in Android 7. It does not work for me on SAMSUNG TM-555 (tablet) now Play on Android 7.1.1 .

was thinking about buying T580 or T585 to have 10.1 inch screen, but looks like you never know which device will be working or not
2017-10-6
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

I used My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android 7.1.1 so far so good.
2017-10-6
Use props
Chatikib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 821821 ft
Netherlands

I have used several Android tablets but after many issues I purchased an refurbished iPad. And that works great.
2017-10-6
Use props
snacky
lvl.2
Ireland

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-10-6 02:54
I used My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android 7.1.1 so far so good.

thx for info, I need to return my Galaxy S8 as there is general bug in SMB protocol
think Note 8 has the same, so will not risk buying it, but thanks for this info anyway
2017-10-6
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I have a shield and it has always worked flawlessly. But, it is on 6.0
I made the mistake of getting caught by an auto update long time ago, and instantly had issues. Nougat didn't work for me either. I rolled my tablet back to V6.0 Marshmallow and have been using almost daily without issue. Now, I don't have the Standard, I do have the P3A. But if it is the app that continues to crash, you might consider rolling back the OS. I guess I need to back up here. I should have asked first what version you are on. Sorry. If by chance you are on V6.0 already, I can't offer anything else. Since you are losing signal though, and you are connected via WiFi, (the P3A and Pro use Lightbridge and is connected to the RC via USB cable), I do think there were some reported problems with some changes that were made with Nougat, and that might be causing the signal loss. Anyway the real question is what version you have. I do have 2-other pilots I know that are flying a Standard, and can't verify what devices they are using for sure, but I do know we have talked and they are not running Nougat. Either 5.0 or 6.0 without any problems like you describe. Hope this helps a little bit.
2017-10-6
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

snacky Posted at 2017-10-6 02:52
was thinking about buying T580 or T585 to have 10.1 inch screen, but looks like you never know which device will be working or not

I do not know if you can fix it to the support. My 9.7 "Tablet is big enough and fitted good.
See attached fotos.. ;)
IMG_3.jpg

homemade screen

homemade screen
2017-10-6
Use props
snacky
lvl.2
Ireland

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-10-6 04:13
I have a shield and it has always worked flawlessly. But, it is on 6.0
I made the mistake of getting caught by an auto update long time ago, and instantly had issues. Nougat didn't work for me either. I rolled my tablet back to V6.0 Marshmallow and have been using almost daily without issue. Now, I don't have the Standard, I do have the P3A. But if it is the app that continues to crash, you might consider rolling back the OS. I guess I need to back up here. I should have asked first what version you are on. Sorry. If by chance you are on V6.0 already, I can't offer anything else. Since you are losing signal though, and you are connected via WiFi, (the P3A and Pro use Lightbridge and is connected to the RC via USB cable), I do think there were some reported problems with some changes that were made with Nougat, and that might be causing the signal loss. Anyway the real question is what version you have. I do have 2-other pilots I know that are flying a Standard, and can't verify what devices they are using for sure, but I do know we have talked and they are not running Nougat. Either 5.0 or 6.0 without any problems like you describe. Hope this helps a little bit.

thanks, will consider rolling back to 6.0, just not sure what is the story with warranty after I do that
2017-10-6
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

snacky Posted at 2017-10-6 05:15
thanks, will consider rolling back to 6.0, just not sure what is the story with warranty after I do that

Well, the way I looked at it was I had nothing to lose. It wasn't working for me and what I had before did. I actually had an older shield some time back when I decided to give it to my son who also has a P3A. So, I ended up buying a brand new one. That was about a year ago, but right after I bought it, the auto update happened and I had second thoughts too about the warranty. I have done a few of these in the past with different devices and had good luck, so I proceeded. I ended up rooting the device and rolling it back without issue. I think it is hard to brick the shield if you follow the procedure to the letter. One piece of advice, get the image file right off of the Nvidia website. It includes directions how to install the older OS. Good luck to you.
2017-10-6
Use props
snacky
lvl.2
Ireland

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-10-6 05:30
Well, the way I looked at it was I had nothing to lose. It wasn't working for me and what I had before did. I actually had an older shield some time back when I decided to give it to my son who also has a P3A. So, I ended up buying a brand new one. That was about a year ago, but right after I bought it, the auto update happened and I had second thoughts too about the warranty. I have done a few of these in the past with different devices and had good luck, so I proceeded. I ended up rooting the device and rolling it back without issue. I think it is hard to brick the shield if you follow the procedure to the letter. One piece of advice, get the image file right off of the Nvidia website. It includes directions how to install the older OS. Good luck to you.

thanks, will try over the weekend and let here know how it goes
2017-10-6
Use props
snacky
lvl.2
Ireland

snacky Posted at 2017-10-6 06:17
thanks, will try over the weekend and let here know how it goes

so far so good
I checked indoor and with android 6 it's OK (some freezes occasionally, but it's usable)
I haven't checked outdoor, still waiting for better weather condition)
2017-10-8
Use props
Bandits 3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240676 ft
United States

I'm using an old Samsung Tab A (6) running 5.1.1 and it is working ok. Small but usable
2017-10-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

'Looks like support is not willing to investigate the issues with "not supported" devices, even if I offered help in getting the logs and do some testing.'

'Support' is just a call centre in the Philippines, and like all call centres, they don't have a clue about the product. As far as the software is concerned, it is developed for the Android platform, but the individual phone makers fiddle with the software and create compatability issues. DJI cannot make their software suit a particular make and model of phone. This is why the Apple version works so much better, one operating system and only one manufacturer.
2017-10-8
Use props
Daveb500
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191742 ft
United Kingdom

I run mine on an acer iconia 10 this runs on android 6.0 all my android 7 devices fail either wont run or crash in middle of flight. Far too unstable to fly with.
2017-10-8
Use props
snacky
lvl.2
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-8 19:50
'Looks like support is not willing to investigate the issues with "not supported" devices, even if I offered help in getting the logs and do some testing.'

'Support' is just a call centre in the Philippines, and like all call centres, they don't have a clue about the product. As far as the software is concerned, it is developed for the Android platform, but the individual phone makers fiddle with the software and create compatability issues. DJI cannot make their software suit a particular make and model of phone. This is why the Apple version works so much better, one operating system and only one manufacturer.

make sense, but at least for very popular devices (like my nvidia shield) they should be doing some testing or willing to work with me to make it compatible :-)
2017-10-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

snacky Posted at 2017-10-9 06:06
make sense, but at least for very popular devices (like my nvidia shield) they should be doing some testing or willing to work with me to make it compatible :-)

As I said, they cannot 'work with you to make it compatible'. There is only one edition of the Android software, and it must work with all Android suppliers.
2017-10-9
Use props
snacky
lvl.2
United Kingdom

would be nice if people post here which device is working without any issues with 3 SE, thx in advance
2017-10-10
Use props
Jersey Johnnie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82041 ft
United States

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8 tablet and it works great with my P3S.
2017-10-10
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hi, androd marshmellow and Tab A ...  No problems, reliable....for now
2017-10-11
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

oh, sorry....  My post related to my P3S...
2017-10-11
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

Oh...  should say with devices mentioned. I fly within 200 yards of 2 interstate high voltage power lines. It's my back yard. But with all charged, systems good. It's good with my Tab A or ZTE. Tested elev. 400' at least 900' out... still responds and comes home.
2017-10-11
Use props
fans58afe77c
New
Flight distance : 4646 ft
United States

I am using a Galaxy S8+ and it works great. No problems. I have used both the DJI app, and the Litchi app.
2017-10-14
Use props
fans58afe77c
New
Flight distance : 4646 ft
United States

Daveb500 Posted at 2017-10-8 22:27
I run mine on an acer iconia 10 this runs on android 6.0 all my android 7 devices fail either wont run or crash in middle of flight. Far too unstable to fly with.

I'm running Android 7.0 on my Galaxy S8+ and it works like a charm with both the DJI app, and the Litchi app.
2017-10-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you sure you're connecting with the correct wifi signal?

I'm using a Shield with my P2 series wifi ACs and works great.  But I have 6.0.  I also have expanded the memory with an SD card.  I also use 360 Security app which optimizes the memory for Androids.

I have to wonder if the problem isn't EMF interference from the 5.8 antenna since it's sooooo close to the mobile device and also it's so powerful relative to other DJI 5.8 transmitters.  You might try positioning the antennas and/or the Shield to be sure they're not so close (e.g. touching or almost touching).  You might try a windsurfer and see if that helps.

2017-10-15
Use props
snacky
lvl.2
Ireland

Hi, finally testes my nvidia shield tablet today and reverting to android 6.0 was good choice
was able to fly without any issues, sometimes just some freeze for a sec or half a sec, but just occasionally

so, if you have nvidia shield and want to use with Phantom 3 SE, you need to revert to 6.0 before flying :-)

best of luck, I hope that will help anyone who has the same problems
2017-10-27
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft
United States

When you say the NVIDIA is losing signal, is it the video/telemetry or is the AC going into Return To Home?
2017-11-5
Use props
snacky
lvl.2
United Kingdom

LarBear360 Posted at 2017-11-5 21:10
When you say the NVIDIA is losing signal, is it the video/telemetry or is the AC going into Return To Home?

video signal, loosing every few seconds, sometimes you can wait minute to got it again
not usable on android 7

on android 6, all looks normal, some 1 sec freezes occasionally
2017-11-6
Use props
peniche2202.fre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
France

please dji, possible to support litchi with phantom 3 SE.I regret the purchase of this phantom 3 SE not really supported by DJI
2017-11-30
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

It has probably been seen by most but as a newcomer to matching monitors, controllers and operating systems I found this guts explanation clear, concise and interesting:

Sorry if it's repeating old stuff.
2017-11-30
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I use an andoid device Huawei Y 635-L01 8GB / 1gb Ram Android 4.4.4 (not supported according to DJI) for my Phantom 3 SE  .... It is running ok but the question for me is : why a upper ,better and most powerful devices cant manage the app ???

for security I usually use the airplane mode
2017-11-30
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-30 10:30
I use an andoid device Huawei Y 635-L01 8GB / 1gb Ram Android 4.4.4 (not supported according to DJI) for my Phantom 3 SE  .... It is running ok but the question for me is : why a upper ,better and most powerful devices cant manage the app ???

for security I usually use the airplane mode

The explanation the guy in the video gives is that companies like Samsung stick their own operating systems on top of the Android OS so that 3rd party apps like DJI GO have trouble as they are designed around a pure Android OS. The cheaper devices tend to use the pure form of Android so they have less or no difficulty in working. It is why Apple devices in the main tend to run smoother without problems because their OS is what it is their is no other architecture sitting on top of it that DJI coders have to understand and adapt to.
2017-11-30
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Great Info Thanks for share  PeteHB
2017-11-30
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-30 11:10
Great Info Thanks for share  PeteHB

You are welcome, I am pretty new to this game and it struck me that there had to be a logical explanation as to why some devices connect and others seemingly the same and from the same manufacturer don't. So I spent some time looking around and the video and my abbreviated explanation seems to be the best answer I can come up with. Not to say it's correct though, I am sure there are many factors like running other applications in the background or scattered memory putting extra stress on the apps.
2017-11-30
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

PeteHB Posted at 2017-11-30 23:02
You are welcome, I am pretty new to this game and it struck me that there had to be a logical explanation as to why some devices connect and others seemingly the same and from the same manufacturer don't. So I spent some time looking around and the video and my abbreviated explanation seems to be the best answer I can come up with. Not to say it's correct though, I am sure there are many factors like running other applications in the background or scattered memory putting extra stress on the apps.

" I am sure there are many factors like running other applications in the background"

i bet my friend
2017-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules