Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark - Video stutter fixed
3909 4 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockstar2757
lvl.2
Flight distance : 370420 ft
Singapore

Hi everyone!
I've gotten a lot of great information from this forum, I was hoping to pay it forward with some of my findings.

Some of you may have edited your videos using iMovie or Final Cut and have noticed that when you import the videos they are stuttery or jumpy. I thought that's just how it was, but I got frustrated when I took the time to view the raw footage files and saw how smooth it was.

So, TO FIX STUTTER - download "Handbrake" for free and just batch process all your videos BEFORE importing to iMovie or FinalCut. You have to convert Spark's 29.98 variable fps to 29.97 constant fps. Once you import to iMovie or Final Cut, your edited videos will look as smooth as the raw footage. Here is a link that explains how it works. Hope this helps. Good luck!

2017-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great tip!
Thanks a lot.

2017-10-6
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

Only to make a small correction, SPARK records at variable 29.97 fps and not 29.98 fps variable (God knows why they did that). "Handbrake" is a nice option, Adobe Media Encoder also works great.
2017-10-6
Use props
Rockstar2757
lvl.2
Flight distance : 370420 ft
Singapore

LOKY Posted at 2017-10-6 06:45
Only to make a small correction, SPARK records at variable 29.97 fps and not 29.98 fps variable (God knows why they did that). "Handbrake" is a nice option, Adobe Media Encoder also works great.

Yes, it records at 29.97 variable, but when it imports it shows as 29.98, which is why it gets all choppy...I think...at least that's how I understood it from another video i saw about this. Thanks for the Adobe option!
2017-10-7
Use props
Alanzalander
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93009 ft
Germany

Unfortunately it needs a reencoding of the video.  Would be great if there would be a way to use the encoded video as it is and just change the frame rate info.
2017-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules